THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Handy person?

Handy person?

I'm wondering if there is anyone from around the Essex area who is looking for a bit of work?
    My daughters bungalow, and my little flat need some bits and bobs doing.
    You'd be doing us a massive favour, and we're happy to pay.
    Thank you!
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    I hate to be the one to ask the more obvious questions that will be going through anyones mind who may be able to do that sort of thing,but whereabouts in the county are you and what are the odd jobs that need doing?
    Those responses will make it much easier for the right person to know if he or she is the right person !!

Last thing you want is someone turning up who can do the bits but not the bobs !!

Good luck in getting it sorted xx
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Very true! Well, the main bit (or possibly its a bob) is moving a pull out bed from one wall to another, and making some sort of frame around it with room for storage. The other bits are more general: some shelves put in a cupboard, a piece of glass replaced in a window, finishing off some mdf skirting board.. curtain poles..Its a real mish mash of stuff.
    We're in Essex..

Much more helpful Miss Bee,

Now lets pretend that I asked what part of the county are you in
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maybe another thing for someone to know,if they come and do those jobs and they are in a live in vehicle,can they park up overnight ?

Between us,we will get your jobs done
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ok, well, I should imagine they would be able to park up. I can't think of any reason why not, as in needing permits or anything.
    And, yes, Essex.. that's what my answer would be, if we imagined you had asked.

isnt essex a county

Aha! More specifically, we're near to Southend. Yes, I get your point (at last!) took a while, but we got there.

I understand your need for clearer location regarding potential grafters to slave at Ms Bees pad,but ladies should not be requested nor expected to put their location online IC as the world and all therein are actively looking for opportunity of many kinds 24/7.I am sure that when Ms Bee feels ok about a persons cred she can pm herself.

Originally Posted by itinerant child
    isnt essex a county

Near to southend is much better for any potential workers to know. That now opens it up for people who may commute to you

I was not asking Miss Bee for her address cricket,that would be a bit daft !! Glad to see that you got your diploma in stating the bloody obvious
    The following users think this post is groovy: wandering gypsy

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    tis the sort of thing i do,but am not handy being in derbyshire right now

Well, if you ever wander down this way..
    The following users think this post is groovy: wandering gypsy

Obviously you did not ask Ms Bees address,I can read too.
    You are a bit tetchy.Are you a grump because you were reminded about online privacy while you were being so very helpful in helping ms Bee organise her life?You do seem to appreciate followers rather more than those who see you as equal in mental dexterity.Not being a macho naughty are you?All big and muscular getting a wee bit agitated when a female querys your words?.

Near to southend is much better for any potential workers to know. That now opens it up for people who may commute to you

I was not asking Miss Bee for her address cricket,that would be a bit daft !! Glad to see that you got your diploma in stating the bloody obvious

Thanks for all that,I was actually just being humerous

HUMOUR???Its before 11am and your banging on about humour!!!
    You are a very sweet and helpful person.I am occasionally remiss in remembering that not all males are chauvenistic dominating gits.Sorry to prickle you.One day I will make it up to you and do a mudrolling sess specially.

Thanks for all that,I was actually just being humerous

Originally Posted by cricket
    HUMOUR???Its before 11am and your banging on about humour!!!
    You are a very sweet and helpful person.I am occasionally remiss in remembering that not all males are chauvenistic dominating gits.Sorry to prickle you.One day I will make it up to you and do a mudrolling sess specially.
    I shall have you know cricket that it is midday here !!

Your post was a bit nasty there for minute,but I am not blind enough that I can not see why you responded like that,so kiss and make up and lets move on. life is too short for unpleasantness

I see you are off again Cricket, always taking offence, from what I read IC was trying to be helpful and help Miss bee find herself a handy person, and then you come along and twist what he was trying to say.

Miss bee I am sure someone will come along and assist you
    , and IC pay no attention to Cricket she has issues she needs to work through

Originally Posted by dollybassett
    I see you are off again Cricket, always taking offence, from what I read IC was trying to be helpful and help Miss bee find herself a handy person, and then you come along and twist what he was trying to say.

Miss bee I am sure someone will come along and assist you
    , and IC pay no attention to Cricket she has issues she needs to work through
    Are Cricket n Roamer twins separated at birth?

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lonesomestranger

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    dunno, perhaps should have been put down at birth ?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

You know that sometimes we have an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other giving us their advice,well I picture Danann on one side of me and harry on the other and try to draw a conclusion between the two. No disrespect meant harry,quite the opposite in fact