THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Moon Cycle and Star Signs

Noobie
    Sex
    Female

The Moon Cycle and Star Signs

Hey Everyone☺

I've been seeing a lot recently about what each New Moon means and how the moon cycles affect you and what it means depending on your start sign? I'm new to it all and don't really understand what it all means and was wondering it anyone could tell me the basics to it all! I'd love to learn more about it and start to follow the moon cycles and learn how it can affects different things🌚

Sorry for not being very specific! But I am very new to it all, hopefully someone can help me out😄🌘

Thank you
    Emily
    🌛🌕🌜
    The following users think this post is groovy: dustydave, Lightbringer

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Sorry that nobody has replied here so far, Emily.

Personally I'm less than totally convinced about all the claims for this sort of thing, but I do know from observation and experience that the cycles of the moon do have a quite powerful effect on some people, and on the natural world of which we are a part.

For star signs and the moon, you could start here, I guess:
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For something very slightly more technical:
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And here:

Transcending
    Sex
    Male
    There is evidence that lunar cycles affect plant growth, especially from seeds, but I remain unconvinced that the month of your birth can mean that you will meet a tall, dark stranger along with 1/12th of the population.

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    There is evidence that lunar cycles affect plant growth,
    Peer reviewed citations, please!

Sex
    Male
    I don't believe in the star signs as IMO it's just more of man's mumbo jumbo created by charlatans when the 'world was flat' to gain influence over others. Could be totally wrong but the crap that astrologers come out with is so ambiguous that events just fall into what they say.

The moon for me has a certain fascination and I feel a sense of wellbeing when out under it's light. I can't help standing out on the night of a full moon and staring up, it's thinking time, or having a wander by moonlight. Everything's the same but different if that makes sense.

Last edited by Wulfie; 07-03--2017 at 09:21 AM.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: Shroom

Sex
    Male
    Best full moon I experienced was parked up in Westwoods with the Bluebells in full bloom, 'ethereal' barely describes it
    The following users think this post is groovy: Wulfie

Sex
    Male
    This is a good place to start:

Enter in your birth details and then head for the travel section, the key is then to look for place in the world that you have had a particular experience and then correlate it back to the time of your birth. Most people have a time of birth but this is rarely accurate. A big part of astrology is correlating, ie not taking anything particularly as fact until it proves itself, or not, to you. By using the travel section you can change your time of birth forward/back by 10 mins + to see if any experience you had relates to any particular time of birth - i figured mine was out by 30 mins or so.

Moon cycles normally correlate with your emotional /family intensity , but not always. Depending on which part of the zodiac the moon 'may' effect the way that you deal with things. there is fact behind the word 'lunatic' ie someone who is overly effected by the moon, or any other planet or someone that doesn't use it in a way that would correspond to a way that is useful to them. The moon also relates to Saturn - the big fucker that tends to really mess things up (Saturn's return) and then to Jupiter and so no one planetary cycle can really be taken without context to the other planets, to other beings, or the wholeness of it all.
    Everything is not normal.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Petew

Transcending
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by realnutter
    Peer reviewed citations, please!
    Difficult to find amongst the clutter of anecdotal evidence, but here is a link to a study that credits many other studies you could track down.

Sex
    Male
    I think on their next visit to the library some people should head for the area marked 'SCIENCE' .

Yes the moon has direct effects on Earth , most nobably the tides and some beasties using the full moon as a clock to lay eggs etc, Saturn on the other hand is quite a bit farther away and to be honest I have never noticed anything tangible concerning its orbit in relation to ours , and I certainly believe that where it happened to be in the cosmos when i was born, my personality and fate are not linked in any way whatsoever .

Transcending
    Sex
    Male
    Shroom, you're so cynical, that's why your Aura is looking so disturbed. I prescribe a course of healing crystals set in a pentagram around your bed at the next full moon. That should cleanse your spirit of negative energies.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Petew, realnutter

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    Shroom, you're so cynical, that's why your Aura is looking so disturbed. I prescribe a course of healing crystals set in a pentagram around your bed at the next full moon. That should cleanse your spirit of negative energies.
    Well as you mention it , I had a lady stay on my bus several times and when she was not balancing my chakras ,healing my sciatica by ringing little bells and chanting and speaking to her spirit friends we did other stuff but due to the sleeping arrangements she made my back worse (but it did bring a worn shock absorber bush to my attention ) .
    I slept in a pentagram once , it was chalked on the floor I slept on in the basement of the Highgate tea rooms after a night out clubbing with a Danish friend.. that was wierd.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Sex
    Male
    Shroom, good for you. Others feel slightly differently. Science is just a flux state of rhetorical argument ready to shift at the merest hint of new evidence, but then too much astrology doesn't work either, can get too influenced by the astrologers giving the reading. It is just another influence another way of navigating through the reality that we each get to choose, or not. You mentioned getting influenced by seeing the full moon in westwoods - that is an influence even if you call that something other than astrology. Might be you have a hang-up on the word, if so i agree sometimes people can get a bit 'fixed' on any one perspective of what a planet will do, or that an influence is certain. no influence is totally dominating, but if you open up a sensitivity to it i find that you can sense the influence that planet conjunctions have had on certain people at certain times. sometimes almost to a comical level.

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by dustydave
    Shroom, good for you. Others feel slightly differently. Science is just a flux state of rhetorical argument ready to shift at the merest hint of new evidence, but then too much astrology doesn't work either, can get too influenced by the astrologers giving the reading. It is just another influence another way of navigating through the reality that we each get to choose, or not. You mentioned getting influenced by seeing the full moon in westwoods - that is an influence even if you call that something other than astrology. Might be you have a hang-up on the word, if so i agree sometimes people can get a bit 'fixed' on any one perspective of what a planet will do, or that an influence is certain. no influence is totally dominating, but if you open up a sensitivity to it i find that you can sense the influence that planet conjunctions have had on certain people at certain times. sometimes almost to a comical level.
    no no no , what I witnessed in the woods was NOT an astrological event, it was however related to an astronomic one , ie the full moon , which due to the clear night was able to reflect the suns light through the trees and onto the blossoming bluebells which in turn onrefracted certain parts of the spectrum as observed by myself ( all of this was learnt through several hours sat in a physics class between ages of 14 and 16).
    Your argument seems to be that new discoveries (backed up by research) just negate old ones and mock the whole of science , but if an Astroler gives you a bad forecast then thats just the interpretation of said 'practitioner'.........

Transcending
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Shroom
    when she was not balancing my chakras
    Pointless, one always hangs lower than the other.

Sex
    Male
    'if an Astroler gives you a bad forecast then thats just the interpretation of said 'practitioner'.........'

A bit more complicated...we all influence one another, in the same way that planets, people, flowers, shrooms influence us. and so an 'astrologer' is as likely to influence by a number of factors, not just their interpretation. Like i say, if you don't want to be influenced then most likely you won't be, but if you do take an interest then what i am saying is that you have to look at the 'whole' of the system and not a fragmentated part. I have nothing against science as a Newtonian fragmentation - for many years i've made good money by developing scientific equipment, but it is limited in the way that it deals with reality, well with my reality anyhow. Your reality is your own business. Jeez, Gemin's can be hard work ;-)

Sex
    Male
    so please tell how a new born childs 'interpretation' would affect things ? ........exactly it cannot , but by your logic it does !!

Sex
    Male
    Its more subtle than that, if a baby was influenced by planets then with Mercury entering Aries yesterday it might get angry at trying to communicate what it wanted, or it might not. If you want a fixed daily mail horoscope to argue with, then you won't get one here. astrology is just a word that conveys how planets can influence things, it never was nor never will be a science because it takes the 'whole' including emotions with the physical.

Sex
    Female
    I love this sort of thing! It defo affects people! Especially women

Sex
    Female

Well as you mention it , I had a lady stay on my bus several times and when she was not balancing my chakras ,healing my sciatica by ringing little bells and chanting and speaking to her spirit friends we did other stuff but due to the sleeping arrangements she made my back worse (but it did bring a worn shock absorber bush to my attention ) .
    I slept in a pentagram once , it was chalked on the floor I slept on in the basement of the Highgate tea rooms after a night out clubbing with a Danish friend.. that was wierd.

Musical hippy dreadhead maddy harper's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Woman's menstrual cycle is influenced by the moon
    The following users think this post is groovy: dustydave, Lightbringer

Musical hippy dreadhead maddy harper's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    And the fact that when you have several women sharing a house with all of you late at the same time so that must have something to do with the men as well

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by dustydave
    Its more subtle than that, if a baby was influenced by planets then with Mercury entering Aries yesterday it might get angry at trying to communicate what it wanted, or it might not.
    Exactly the kind of logical reply I was expecting , been nice chatting , made me smile a bit

Sex
    Male

Exactly the kind of logical reply I was expecting , been nice chatting , made me smile a bit
    fisshhy wallopp

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by maddy harper
    And the fact that when you have several women sharing a house with all of you late at the same time so that must have something to do with the men as well

Seems that women get more affected by the moon than men, but then your moon sign might have something to do with it

Transcending
    Sex
    Male

In fairness, this thread is in the "Spirituality and Religion" section, so you can't really expect facts or logic.