THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 26

Thread: The Moon Cycle and Star Signs

  1. #1
    Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Rayleigh
    Sex
    Female
    Posts
    18

    The Moon Cycle and Star Signs

    Hey Everyone☺

    I've been seeing a lot recently about what each New Moon means and how the moon cycles affect you and what it means depending on your start sign? I'm new to it all and don't really understand what it all means and was wondering it anyone could tell me the basics to it all! I'd love to learn more about it and start to follow the moon cycles and learn how it can affects different things🌚

    Sorry for not being very specific! But I am very new to it all, hopefully someone can help me out😄🌘

    Thank you
    Emily
    🌛🌕🌜
    The following users think this post is groovy: dustydave, Lightbringer


  2. #2
    Heavenly Creature
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Midlands
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Sorry that nobody has replied here so far, Emily.

    Personally I'm less than totally convinced about all the claims for this sort of thing, but I do know from observation and experience that the cycles of the moon do have a quite powerful effect on some people, and on the natural world of which we are a part.

    For star signs and the moon, you could start here, I guess:
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    For something very slightly more technical:
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    And here:
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  3. #3
    Transcending
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pembrokeshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    627
    There is evidence that lunar cycles affect plant growth, especially from seeds, but I remain unconvinced that the month of your birth can mean that you will meet a tall, dark stranger along with 1/12th of the population.

  4. #4
    Heavenly Creature realnutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    1,247

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    There is evidence that lunar cycles affect plant growth,
    Peer reviewed citations, please!

  5. #5
    Heavenly Creature Wulfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Alfheim
    Sex
    Male
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,832
    I don't believe in the star signs as IMO it's just more of man's mumbo jumbo created by charlatans when the 'world was flat' to gain influence over others. Could be totally wrong but the crap that astrologers come out with is so ambiguous that events just fall into what they say.

    The moon for me has a certain fascination and I feel a sense of wellbeing when out under it's light. I can't help standing out on the night of a full moon and staring up, it's thinking time, or having a wander by moonlight. Everything's the same but different if that makes sense.



    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Last edited by Wulfie; 07-03--2017 at 09:21 AM.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: Shroom

  6. #6
    Heavenly Creature Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    2,160
    Best full moon I experienced was parked up in Westwoods with the Bluebells in full bloom, 'ethereal' barely describes it
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Wulfie

  7. #7
    Chilling Out dustydave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wiltshire/gloucestershire
    Sex
    Male
    Age
    45
    Posts
    311
    This is a good place to start:


    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    Enter in your birth details and then head for the travel section, the key is then to look for place in the world that you have had a particular experience and then correlate it back to the time of your birth. Most people have a time of birth but this is rarely accurate. A big part of astrology is correlating, ie not taking anything particularly as fact until it proves itself, or not, to you. By using the travel section you can change your time of birth forward/back by 10 mins + to see if any experience you had relates to any particular time of birth - i figured mine was out by 30 mins or so.

    Moon cycles normally correlate with your emotional /family intensity , but not always. Depending on which part of the zodiac the moon 'may' effect the way that you deal with things. there is fact behind the word 'lunatic' ie someone who is overly effected by the moon, or any other planet or someone that doesn't use it in a way that would correspond to a way that is useful to them. The moon also relates to Saturn - the big fucker that tends to really mess things up (Saturn's return) and then to Jupiter and so no one planetary cycle can really be taken without context to the other planets, to other beings, or the wholeness of it all.
    Everything is not normal.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Petew

  8. #8
    Transcending
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pembrokeshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    627

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by realnutter
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Peer reviewed citations, please!
    Difficult to find amongst the clutter of anecdotal evidence, but here is a link to a study that credits many other studies you could track down.


    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  9. #9
    Heavenly Creature Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    2,160
    I think on their next visit to the library some people should head for the area marked 'SCIENCE' .

    Yes the moon has direct effects on Earth , most nobably the tides and some beasties using the full moon as a clock to lay eggs etc, Saturn on the other hand is quite a bit farther away and to be honest I have never noticed anything tangible concerning its orbit in relation to ours , and I certainly believe that where it happened to be in the cosmos when i was born, my personality and fate are not linked in any way whatsoever .

  10. #10
    Transcending
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pembrokeshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    627
    Shroom, you're so cynical, that's why your Aura is looking so disturbed. I prescribe a course of healing crystals set in a pentagram around your bed at the next full moon. That should cleanse your spirit of negative energies.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Petew, realnutter

  11. #11
    Heavenly Creature Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    2,160

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Shroom, you're so cynical, that's why your Aura is looking so disturbed. I prescribe a course of healing crystals set in a pentagram around your bed at the next full moon. That should cleanse your spirit of negative energies.
    Well as you mention it , I had a lady stay on my bus several times and when she was not balancing my chakras ,healing my sciatica by ringing little bells and chanting and speaking to her spirit friends we did other stuff but due to the sleeping arrangements she made my back worse (but it did bring a worn shock absorber bush to my attention ) .
    I slept in a pentagram once , it was chalked on the floor I slept on in the basement of the Highgate tea rooms after a night out clubbing with a Danish friend.. that was wierd.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

  12. #12
    Chilling Out dustydave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wiltshire/gloucestershire
    Sex
    Male
    Age
    45
    Posts
    311
    Shroom, good for you. Others feel slightly differently. Science is just a flux state of rhetorical argument ready to shift at the merest hint of new evidence, but then too much astrology doesn't work either, can get too influenced by the astrologers giving the reading. It is just another influence another way of navigating through the reality that we each get to choose, or not. You mentioned getting influenced by seeing the full moon in westwoods - that is an influence even if you call that something other than astrology. Might be you have a hang-up on the word, if so i agree sometimes people can get a bit 'fixed' on any one perspective of what a planet will do, or that an influence is certain. no influence is totally dominating, but if you open up a sensitivity to it i find that you can sense the influence that planet conjunctions have had on certain people at certain times. sometimes almost to a comical level.
    Everything is not normal.

  13. #13
    Heavenly Creature Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    2,160

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by dustydave
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Shroom, good for you. Others feel slightly differently. Science is just a flux state of rhetorical argument ready to shift at the merest hint of new evidence, but then too much astrology doesn't work either, can get too influenced by the astrologers giving the reading. It is just another influence another way of navigating through the reality that we each get to choose, or not. You mentioned getting influenced by seeing the full moon in westwoods - that is an influence even if you call that something other than astrology. Might be you have a hang-up on the word, if so i agree sometimes people can get a bit 'fixed' on any one perspective of what a planet will do, or that an influence is certain. no influence is totally dominating, but if you open up a sensitivity to it i find that you can sense the influence that planet conjunctions have had on certain people at certain times. sometimes almost to a comical level.
    no no no , what I witnessed in the woods was NOT an astrological event, it was however related to an astronomic one , ie the full moon , which due to the clear night was able to reflect the suns light through the trees and onto the blossoming bluebells which in turn onrefracted certain parts of the spectrum as observed by myself ( all of this was learnt through several hours sat in a physics class between ages of 14 and 16).
    Your argument seems to be that new discoveries (backed up by research) just negate old ones and mock the whole of science , but if an Astroler gives you a bad forecast then thats just the interpretation of said 'practitioner'.........

  14. #14
    Transcending
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pembrokeshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    627

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Shroom
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    when she was not balancing my chakras
    Pointless, one always hangs lower than the other.

  15. #15
    Chilling Out dustydave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wiltshire/gloucestershire
    Sex
    Male
    Age
    45
    Posts
    311
    'if an Astroler gives you a bad forecast then thats just the interpretation of said 'practitioner'.........'

    A bit more complicated...we all influence one another, in the same way that planets, people, flowers, shrooms influence us. and so an 'astrologer' is as likely to influence by a number of factors, not just their interpretation. Like i say, if you don't want to be influenced then most likely you won't be, but if you do take an interest then what i am saying is that you have to look at the 'whole' of the system and not a fragmentated part. I have nothing against science as a Newtonian fragmentation - for many years i've made good money by developing scientific equipment, but it is limited in the way that it deals with reality, well with my reality anyhow. Your reality is your own business. Jeez, Gemin's can be hard work ;-)
    Everything is not normal.

  16. #16
    Heavenly Creature Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    2,160
    so please tell how a new born childs 'interpretation' would affect things ? ........exactly it cannot , but by your logic it does !!

  17. #17
    Chilling Out dustydave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wiltshire/gloucestershire
    Sex
    Male
    Age
    45
    Posts
    311
    Its more subtle than that, if a baby was influenced by planets then with Mercury entering Aries yesterday it might get angry at trying to communicate what it wanted, or it might not. If you want a fixed daily mail horoscope to argue with, then you won't get one here. astrology is just a word that conveys how planets can influence things, it never was nor never will be a science because it takes the 'whole' including emotions with the physical.
    Everything is not normal.

  18. #18
    Heavenly Creature Lightbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    silsden,west yorkshire
    Sex
    Female
    Posts
    4,109
    I love this sort of thing! It defo affects people! Especially women



  19. #19
    Heavenly Creature Lightbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    silsden,west yorkshire
    Sex
    Female
    Posts
    4,109

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Shroom
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Well as you mention it , I had a lady stay on my bus several times and when she was not balancing my chakras ,healing my sciatica by ringing little bells and chanting and speaking to her spirit friends we did other stuff but due to the sleeping arrangements she made my back worse (but it did bring a worn shock absorber bush to my attention ) .
    I slept in a pentagram once , it was chalked on the floor I slept on in the basement of the Highgate tea rooms after a night out clubbing with a Danish friend.. that was wierd.




  20. #20
    Musical hippy dreadhead maddy harper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Reading uk
    Sex
    Female
    Posts
    303
    Woman's menstrual cycle is influenced by the moon
    The following users think this post is groovy: dustydave, Lightbringer

  21. #21
    Musical hippy dreadhead maddy harper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Reading uk
    Sex
    Female
    Posts
    303
    And the fact that when you have several women sharing a house with all of you late at the same time so that must have something to do with the men as well

  22. #22
    Heavenly Creature Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    2,160

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by dustydave
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Its more subtle than that, if a baby was influenced by planets then with Mercury entering Aries yesterday it might get angry at trying to communicate what it wanted, or it might not.
    Exactly the kind of logical reply I was expecting , been nice chatting , made me smile a bit
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  23. #23
    Chilling Out dustydave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wiltshire/gloucestershire
    Sex
    Male
    Age
    45
    Posts
    311

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Shroom
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Exactly the kind of logical reply I was expecting , been nice chatting , made me smile a bit
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    fisshhy wallopp

    - - - Updated - - -


    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by maddy harper
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    And the fact that when you have several women sharing a house with all of you late at the same time so that must have something to do with the men as well

    Seems that women get more affected by the moon than men, but then your moon sign might have something to do with it
    Everything is not normal.

  24. #24
    Transcending
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pembrokeshire
    Sex
    Male
    Posts
    627

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Shroom
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Exactly the kind of logical reply I was expecting , been nice chatting , made me smile a bit
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    In fairness, this thread is in the "Spirituality and Religion" section, so you can't really expect facts or logic.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •