THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LWB Sprinter Box Build

Sex
    Male
    Zombies can't undo zips so you are safe in a tent. Unless it's an argos tent, then the zip is not zombie finger proof.

The trouble is, you think you have time.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    Good to know

Awesome​ build, good work ✌

Dirty Uncle Bertie... julianthegypsy's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by vanwoman84 View Post
    Erm, are zombies repelled by canvas then?
    Possibly, but its more that people who are genuinely afraid of this sort of thing generally prepare for taking to the hills at a moments notice, and invest heavily in tents, special firelighters, spades, and things that boyscouts use for taking stones out of horses hooves. How any of this is supposed to help I'm not sure, but it makes them feel better, plus we get to sell them all kinds of shit!
    Yawn I'm so tired with this big bag of coal on my head...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, Rick69

Sex
    Male
    The same kind of people who think that The Walking Dead is a reality series.

Seriously though its amazing the amount of shit that is for sale on the interweb with descriptions relating to zombie attack...
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Petew View Post
    Zombies can't undo zips so you are safe in a tent. Unless it's an argos tent, then the zip is not zombie finger proof.
    they are not zombie proof because them zips are impossible to close without ripping the condom thick polyester fabric n stitching

Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroom View Post
    they are not zombie proof because them zips are impossible to close without ripping the condom thick polyester fabric n stitching
    But the zombie only thinks of the zip, they ignore the big gaping hole and try to undo the zip.
    Its a closely guarded secret in the zombie survival community that if you want to zombie proof a room you just tape a length of zip across an open doorway. Theyll spend hours trying to undo it giving you plenty of opportunity to scoop out their brains with a melon baller.
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

Sex
    Male
    i would like to think that if i get zombiefied scooping my brains would need an ice cream scoop at least

Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroom View Post
    i would like to think that if i get zombiefied scooping my brains would need an ice cream scoop at least
    Easier to use, harder to carry than a melon baller. Amateurs mistake, easily done...
    The following users think this post is groovy: convoy, julianthegypsy

Not Quite a Noobie
    Sex
    Male
    You're all insane.

Anyway. If we can get back to the serious business of van conversion?

I was having a bit of a think about how to get some high current cable from the alternator to the house battery (which currently is residing at the back of the van pending some metalwork to make a battery carrier underneath), when I discovered the (now mostly removed) tail lift still has the electrics in place - including a 10mm +12 cable from the starter battery to right next to where the house battery is living. Result! So now (until I get the solar panels on) I have a split charge system (2.50 for a 40A relay, running off a defunct cargo light switch on the dash)
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, julianthegypsy, kiwikid, Offgrid hero, realnutter, Rick69, Shroom, wanderingwill

Not Quite a Noobie
    Sex
    Male

Shakedown trip

Had a weekend away in the van, Uffington and Stonehenge.
    *** nothing broke!!! ***
    So that's good.

Claydon Locks:

Uffington car park - decided to put some steps together as I was sick of almost-falling-off the step ladder...
    (No, I have no idea why the image is rotated...!?!?!)

And Stonehenge drove road:

Now have a month before the next outing, in which it will be solar panels and cupboards!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, jonathanh1989, kiwikid, realnutter, Rick69, wanderingwill

Love it! You flew through it! So jealous! How's it's weight worked out?