THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: BT rip off.

Tuning In

BT rip off.

had my bill through again 140 for 3 months that's unlimited net and pay forr calls in the last 3 months I made 3 all local, now im told bt prices are rising again for what my net coverage is poor due to my location.
    they charge me for
    line rental
    call wating
    and others.

I want out surly theirs a better deal out their with a mobile provider what I want is unlimited net and calls with no extra charges on top I don't mind a contract as long as its fair.

any advice.....

There is check out Mortins Money tips.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

recently dumped virgin media at my mums place as it was edging towards 50 quid a month and i was only there a few days a month.now parked at my dads for a bit i got a deal with EE , 19 quid a month unlimited net (not the fastest) and line rental 12 month contract and price is held for that 12 months,still cheaper than the sky line rental alone of 28 quid a month that my dad was left paying after i had cancelled his unused sky tv subscription. suits me
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Not Quite a Noobie
    EE recently did 60gig data for 16 a month. Check out hotukdeals

If you only browse and don't download much, then the 12gb 3 data sims that last a year are good value at 23 odd. Over Christmas amazon were doing 24gb versions for similar money.

O2 do PAYG 4G data sim 20gb a month for 30..its what im on now....you would have to buy one of their 3or 12gb sims to start off then pick a data bundle you want when the original data is running down.I got my 3gb sim off ebay for a tenner then picked the 20gb bundle top up on line.
    Theyre also doing a double the data bundle deal on pay monthly MIFI mobile broadband sims and dongles.

As for BT theyre a ripoff and always have been.My friends just dumped her BTinfinity for Sky because its less than half what she paid BT.

Have a look on
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    theyre good on all the latest deals floating round.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

I see data rollover is appearing now, worth making sure whoever you go with allows tethering as well,I got the deal I'm on now though uswitch.
    just a simple guy

About time...youve paid for the data,you shouldnt lose it because you havent used it....I make sure if ive any left i use it up downloading a film or two.I tend to use most of it though anyway as instagram and flickr and other photo and weather sites i use swallow up data.pretty quickly.Most networks dont allow tethering on PAYG only on contract.....i dont use it though so it makes no odds.

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    O2 do PAYG 4G data sim 20gb a month for 30..its what im on now....you would have to buy one of their 3or 12gb sims to start off then pick a data bundle you want when the original data is running down.I got my 3gb sim off ebay for a tenner then picked the 20gb bundle top up on line.
    Theyre also doing a double the data bundle deal on pay monthly MIFI mobile broadband sims and dongles.

As for BT theyre a ripoff and always have been.My friends just dumped her BTinfinity for Sky because its less than half what she paid BT.

Have a look on
    theyre good on all the latest deals floating round.
    I suspect that Sky will be better value until the contract comes up for renewal and it reverts to their "normal" pricing.

Been swapping between Sky and BT for some years now and moved from Sky to BT at the backend of last year because the BT offer at that time was better than Sky's offer for me to stay! I'm on unlimited fibre and moving from Sky to BT the "speed" went up from 42megs to 49megs.

Two small pluses for BT, one is their 5 discount on a monthly SIM contract. We grabbed that for friend in a residential home so she can keep in touch with the outside world! 400 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB of data (never used). The second is their 5 million UK wifi hotspots.

Personally, I'm cheesed off with having to fart about every year negotiating for the best deal. Fortunately, when it comes to setting things up I don't even have to change any hardware, just a setting or two in the modem/router and away I go. My shiny new BT Home Hub is still sealed in its box.

As already mentioned, not that I've used them myself, USwitch have a good rep.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

I have a much simpler option...i dont have a landline -nor would i ever again if i lived in bricks and mortar..theyre all basically con artists whoever you use, its just about shopping around getting the best deal and playing one off against the other...thats basically what they do to us anyway so ive no brand loyalty whatsoever just as theyve no loyalty to their customer base...i used BT since 1978 and was one of their first internet customers but they never did anything to encourage my customer loyalty just extract more money and most of the 'deals' they offer are meaningless..shop around for the other things they 'offer' you can get better value for money.I wouldnt support Sky myself because i despise the lizard who owns the company......dog eat dog world we live in forces you to be as mercenary about choices as they are with the services they provide.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 28-02--2017 at 06:04 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    I have a much simpler option...i dont have a landline -nor would i again if i lived in bricks and mortar..theyre all basically con artists whoever you use its just about shopping sround getting the best deal and plsying one off against the other...thats basically what they do to us anyway so ive no brand loyalty whatsoever just as theyve no.loyalty to their customer base....dog eat dog world we live in.
    Get where you are coming from with the landline, it's just that in this house we both prefer a "real phone" to a brain scrambler.
    OK, could use earphones.

As to brand loyalty, I'm totally with you on that. It's just a pain the neck having to swap every year, what with the negotiations and all. I suppose that's why so many people just stick with what they know - comms, insurance, utilities.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

I use earplugs but then if i make one call a month for 5 mins thats pushing the boat out.I dont do contracts either and insurance on equipment is just another major scam.
    Only thing ill consider getting is satellite internet that i can use for VOIP too and buy the equipment and PAYG for the service connection...Ive done with tying myself to the hamster wheel and being bled dry by utility scam artists.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 28-02--2017 at 06:25 PM.

I use talk talk. Landline, Broadband and two free mobile sims. It was cheaper to add the TV package and get free calls than pay for the calls at 6/ month!!

YMMV

The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

I'm on a rolling monthly sim only deal if I want out I just cancel.
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

I was with life mobile but they have been bought out by plusnet I had a quick look at their tariffs and nothing on there as good as mine ,I hope they continue to honour it.
    just a simple guy

Not Quite a Noobie
    Should have put this here really, made another thread for it:

32gb data, 14.50 a month, then just use skype for calls which aren't expensive and get rid of BT.

The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero, Sootyfoot

and Plusnet are owned by BT
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero

I`m thinking of going back to Pigeon.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Plusnet were excellent when i switched from crap BT to them when i lived in the Yorks Dales .Not cheapest but impeccable service...but that was a few years ago.

I've found a better deal with virgin (ee) but an Indian/Philippines call center is just awful the last time I was put on hold for 20 mins in the Philippines all I could hear was a mosquito buzzing about..
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, tworedsquirrels

Tuning In
    Well just a update BT landlines and Internet been gone now for about 3 weeks and now using my new mobile with all you can eat data calls and texts

Cheaper than BT
    Can use it at worisk (net)
    I'm well chuffed and recommend it tout everybody.