THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Internet is broken...

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

The Internet is broken...

If you're wondering why any of your favourite sites are down, well it looks like Amazon has broken the Internet.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Many of the world's biggest websites have stopped working because of a problem at Amazon.
    Amazon Web Services (AWS), the division of the retail giant that provides the infrastructure for much of the internet, appears to have broken. That means that all of the companies and websites that rely on its services many of the world's biggest websites, like Imgur and Medium, as well as professional tools like SoundCloud and Trello have stopped working at the same time.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh no...disaster...we need to go bug out quick the end of the world is here....(Hagrids already gone )

Twas cloudflare causing problems the other day.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 28-02--2017 at 10:11 PM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Heavenly Creature
    The internet is broken, game over, we can all go home now

The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, Lightbringer

How long will it be before someone says its the Russians
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    How long will it be before someone says its the Russians
    It might be.........
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper

Heavenly Creature
    I wasn't wondering. This site is OK. That is all.
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by FriedOnion
    It might be.........
    or the Chinese or the lizard aliens...

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    Don't mention the lizards dammit, they could be listening!

Personally I'm more worried about the attempts by the big US telco's to stifle freedom of speech and monetise the net.
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, marshlander, NomadicRT

Theyll use all the hacking attacks and the existence of darknet to use as an excuse to take control of the internet then theyll start on making it a two tier system -those who can pay and those who cant.
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, FriedOnion, marshlander

The real danger is Trump and the Republicans are very much against a free unregulated internet so I cant see it staying as it is for much longer.

America is Grate again,,,,yeah

Originally Posted by nomis
    America is Grate again,,,,yeah
    Oh yeah....innit just ...see thow much things have improved already

Reminds me of the joke with the punchline 'klitoris allsorts'...........
    Not all who wander are lost

lone wolf survivalist.
    my sites are okay.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

The internet could end tomorrow and I'd see it as a blessing, my friends would visit me instead of just looking on Facebook, I'd get phone calls

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    The internet could end tomorrow and I'd see it as a blessing, my friends would visit me instead of just looking on Facebook, I'd get phone calls
    If only that would happen, i miss the 90s, before all the social media. There was a lot more face to face communication instead of just staring at screens. I got fed up with fb and deleted my account permanently, been without it 6months now. Seeing people more as a result.
    The following users think this post is groovy: exile1234, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, Red Dragon, Sootyfoot

Go rhythm! I flatly refuse to get involved in the facebook thing. I've ditched my smart phone for a regular make calls, send texts phone and do not ever read twitter or look at pictures on whatever you call that site where it appears to be extremely important that your snaps of this mornings breakfast are available to all and sundry.
    I go absolutely mental at peeps that tell me I should know something because it is "all over facebook". Watch my lips cunts "I DO NOT DO FACEBOOK" as well you all know.
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, Red Dragon

lone wolf survivalist.
    I deleted my FB account about 4 years ago, I got bored with people putting photos of where they went and who with all the time.

Originally Posted by hagrid
    I deleted my FB account about 4 years ago, I got bored with people putting photos of where they went and who with all the time.
    I did the same thing
    The following users think this post is groovy: hagrid

Well freedom of speech should apply to everyone. Someone who speaks out against the norm seldom has freedom of speech.

Heavenly Creature
    I can't be bothered with facebook. I have a twitter account but don't use it.

Originally Posted by rhythm
    If only that would happen, i miss the 90s, before all the social media. There was a lot more face to face communication instead of just staring at screens. I got fed up with fb and deleted my account permanently, been without it 6months now. Seeing people more as a result.
    I erased it for 3 months, it took that long for people to realise I was missing!!! Cunts!
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, NomadicRT, Rick69, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by etherea
    I go absolutely mental at peeps that tell me I should know something because it is "all over facebook". Watch my lips cunts "I DO NOT DO FACEBOOK" as well you all know.
    Really annoys me when folk say that, it also irritates me that some people will only communicate through fb. I got fed up of all the drama and bullshit on there. When it first came out it was a useful tool, now it just seems to be full of peoples narcissism. I also have no twitter either as i see no point. I like ukhippy, always interesting things going on here.
    Last edited by rhythm; 01-03--2017 at 09:30 PM.

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    I erased it for 3 months, it took that long for people to realise I was missing!!! Cunts!
    I have had the same thing, but the way i see it is that those who fail to keep in touch might not be genuine friends.
    The following users think this post is groovy: FriedOnion, Lightbringer