Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why can't they just leave people in peace???

Why can't they just leave people in peace???

Are they doing any harm to anyone?I know some may argue its setting the prerequisite for others to follow....but I don't know too many people who would choose to live this way.I wish them luck,I'd love a home like that!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, cricket, Ecobob, etherea, gomphus, nicklincs, Offgrid hero, Wulfie, yazz

This is exactly how I want to live and I would love to do what they are doing.

I am in contact with Kate and Alan and they are great,hard working people who deserve a break

If you can please sign the
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    to see if we can overturn the council's decision

Paul
    PⒶUL
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, Ecobob, etherea, gomphus, Miss_bee, nicklincs, NomadicRT, Offgrid hero, oldkeith

Signed
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Cobra, cricket, exile1234, nicklincs, Offgrid hero

Signed
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

Fantastic Aman,please pass on my best wishes and support,and if there is anything else I can do to help,please don't hesitate to ask.Signed the petition,thankyou so much for adding it.xox
    Wulfie:Thankyou for sharing the video,lovely to see them both,their house(which I love!)and the smallholding.xox
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, NomadicRT

Heavenly Creature
    I've chatted with Kate on FB a few times, they come across as such lovely genuine people, I absolutely love what they have achieved, so I was very shocked to hear the news. Signed
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Cobra, NomadicRT

Originally Posted by Cobra
    Are they doing any harm to anyone?I know some may argue its setting the prerequisite for others to follow....but I don't know too many people who would choose to live this way.I wish them luck,I'd love a home like that!

The answer is becsuse theyre not conforming to the estsblishment rules.....pisses me off that good people like these are victimised.for just wanting to live a quiet life and mind their own business...its the one major thing about this country that gets right up my nose.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Ecobob, jedirabbit, nicklincs, Offgrid hero, stinkypete1, Uncle jhad, Wulfie, yazz

Yes mine too NomadicRT.I really hope this petition helps them achieve the results they need.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, stinkypete1

Heavenly Creature
    If you let one person get away with it, hundreds, thousands will want to follow and everything will get screwed. That's what laws are for.

"theyre not conforming to the estsblishment rules" no, and nor would I be conforming to the establishment rules if I slashed my neighbour's tyres, built a 20ft high shed in the back of my terraced house, paid my taxes in real blood, etc etc. "establishment rules" = "the law of the land", same for all of us.

Heavenly Creature
    I take it you haven't signed the petition then Bryn?
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, etherea, NomadicRT

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    signed

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    If you let one person get away with it, hundreds, thousands will want to follow and everything will get screwed. That's what laws are for.

"theyre not conforming to the estsblishment rules" no, and nor would I be conforming to the establishment rules if I slashed my neighbour's tyres, built a 20ft high shed in the back of my terraced house, paid my taxes in real blood, etc etc. "establishment rules" = "the law of the land", same for all of us.
    But its ok.for government and councillors to change green belt rules and give developers free reign to trash the countryside they intend building invasive estates on.
    Since theres thousands who want to live quietly and unobtrusively in sustainable low impact homes dont you think its about time Government and local authorities recognised that and managed a system whereby people were accommodated how they choose to be and not creating a nuisance simply because its 'against the law'.Nobody asks us if we want a motorway or bypass or dormitory housing development or highspeed rail line or airport ...theyre just imposed o n us with a sham public enquiry that represents the 'democratic process' .Someone living virtually invisibly in a mud hut though is a criminal making a mockery of democracy...pfft.
    The law isnt the 'same for all of us' its selectively applied bent adjusted or interpreted to suit the establishment .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, dollybassett, etherea, julianthegypsy, ma bungo, nicklincs, Offgrid hero, oldkeith, Rick69, stinkypete1

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    But its ok.for government and councillors to change green belt rules and give developers free reign to trash the countryside they intend building invasive estates on....The law isnt the 'same for all of us' its selectively applied bent adjusted or interpreted to suit the establishment .
    IF you eschew "the establishment" in the knowledge that they are running the show and that won't change, you put yourself into a permanent state of teenage sulks and rebellion. If the law is bad, change it! There have never been so many ways of getting your voice heard where it counts!

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Just because its a rule does not mean its right. Some times rules need changing.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Cobra, cricket, likahamadoolihan, nicklincs, NomadicRT, oldkeith, stinkypete1, Wulfie

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    Just because its a rule does not mean its right. Some times rules need changing.
    Absolutely. But we need the rules. There's 60 million of us on this island. Without laws it would be an awful lot less.

Do you really believe though hundreds & thousands of people would be willing to build a humble abode with no mod cons?Most people I believe would shun that idea.
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy, nicklincs, NomadicRT

IF you eschew "the establishment" in the knowledge that they are running the show and that won't change, you put yourself into a permanent state of teenage sulks and rebellion. If the law is bad, change it! There have never been so many ways of getting your voice heard where it counts!
    So being anti estsblishment is teenage sulking ? i might hsve expected that from you so im inclined to ignore it for what it is..becsuse its the wsy you operate....taking up issues through petitions and lobbying MP's and councillors is what people (including me) do all of the time and largely ignored by those with the power and authority to alter the ststus quo.
    People go about.legally following due process for all kinds of low impsct developments and systematically refused.How many centuries must we go on banging our head against a brick wall of establishment intransigence ?
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 01-03--2017 at 09:28 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    So being anti estsblishment is teenage sulking ? i might hsve expected thst from you so im inclined to ignote it for what it is..becsuse its the wsy you operate....taking up issues through petitions and lobbying MP's and councillors is what people (including me) do all of the time and largely ignored by those with the power and authority to alter the ststus quo.People go about.legally following due process for allkinds of developments and systematically refused.How many centuries must we go on banging our head against a brick wall of estsblidhment intransigence ?
    I'm sure the citizens of Rome asked the same question. When you say "largely ignored", isn't that the same as "to some extent heeded"? Maybe not enough, but you can't change society overnight. If you look at the pace of social progress over the last thousand years, the current rate of change is scarily fast. It's technologically led, of course. If you want to be part of it you can, this is an amazingly democratic age. Suppose (naming no names) you have noble principles, can be persuasive and would like to see the world change in your prefererred direction? Then get blogging. Hint: use a spellchecker.

Its not a spellchecker i need,its a decent keyboard i can see and use....Ive done my share of crusading over the decades,its up to the younger set to get rebellious and demand the change they want...im.hsppy to assist but its their world now not mine....my concern is what sort.of world my kids will grow up inheriting.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 01-03--2017 at 09:55 PM.

... Hint: use a spellchecker.
    So have you exempted yourself from this requirement?

..."theyre not conforming to the estsblishment rules"

Originally Posted by Cobra
    Do you really believe though hundreds & thousands of people would be willing to build a humble abode with no mod cons?Most people I believe would shun that idea.
    I believe hundred of thousands of rich people would live in a humble abode or a small caravan if they could then build something THEY considered to be their ideal home. Yes absolutely, No doubt about it and a lot would if they could put it straight on the market and make so much money that they would do it again and again. With the profit they made they would invest in land or property in other Counties or Countries. If you think that there isn't more people with homes already just waiting for the opportunity to invest in land to build property or even a small plot that will allow planning permission. You must have your head in the sand. There's enough,hippies, pikey's, gypsies, off grinders, small holders, eco friendlies, travellers. Homeless. Boat dwellers, mobile homers, horsey folk. Speculators, investors already up for it, that would change the fabric of England within a few years.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Rick69
    So have you exempted yourself from this requirement?
    But I'm not blogging.

But I'm not blogging.
    nor am I ... (at present)

If you let one person get away with it, hundreds, thousands will want to follow and everything will get screwed. That's what laws are for..
    I don't understand the logic of this. It they are evicted from this house they will not vanish into the ether. They will need to be housed in another home thus taking a home away from someone else.

All the people in the country need to be homed in some kind of structure. Surely it is better that they are self reliant and low impact.

Paul
    PⒶUL
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz, cricket, etherea, ma bungo, nicklincs, NomadicRT, Wulfie