Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Why can't they just leave people in peace???

lone wolf survivalist.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Quite a reasonable assumption, as anyone who has sold a humble cottage which then became a 5-bedroom luxury home with electric gates and guest accomodation over the garage can tell you.
    it is an erroneous assumption by some straight who dosent know any better and thinks everyone is just after the cash, well I know a few people who don't want any of that, me included, and would just like to build a "hobbit" house and live in peace and be left alone.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Chained Thistle, Cobra, Offgrid hero

Originally Posted by dollybassett
    What?? What rubbish are you talking, you sound like someone who is in a big house who is alright jack but does't want anyone living the same way as you, why is it ok for you to live on land but not this couple, sorry you really sound like a NIMBY.
    I've been called somethings dolly in my time. 20 years of being told peasants like me shouldn't be allowed to own land. But never NIMBY. About time some of you lot got off your arse and tried doing some of these things you know so much about, talk the talk, let's see you walk the walk.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Uncle jhad

I have done it, I talk the talk and I walk the walk, I just don't understand how you have that attitude to people living on the land when you do it yourself.

And you are not a peasant for wanting to own your own piece of land, we all have dreams and aspirations of wanting a simpler and eco friendly life, nothing wrong with that, but it shouldn't be just for the select few who have to sneak around because planning laws favour the rich because as you have had said to you peasants shouldn't be owning land
    Last edited by dollybassett; 06-03--2017 at 08:11 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, Uncle jhad

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by hagrid
    it is an erroneous assumption by some straight who dosent know any better and thinks everyone is just after the cash, well I know a few people who don't want any of that, me included, and would just like to build a "hobbit" house and live in peace and be left alone.
    Are you just taking a pot at me or did you actually read the post which I quoted? I will charitably assume the latter.

How do you suppose that the planning officer can distinguish the dark money lust which seems to drive most of the population from the bright, lovely garden which is your soul, hagrid? And how does she know that you won't drop dead tomorrow and your estate fall into the hands of Ms Average Monegrabber?

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    I've been called somethings dolly in my time. 20 years of being told peasants like me shouldn't be allowed to own land. But never NIMBY. About time some of you lot got off your arse and tried doing some of these things you know so much about, talk the talk, let's see you walk the walk.

I have done it, I talk the talk and I walk the walk, I just don't understand how you have that attitude to people living on the land when you do it yourself.

And you are not a peasant for wanting to own your own piece of land, we all have dreams and aspirations of wanting a simpler and eco friendly life, nothing wrong with that, but it shouldn't be just for the select few who have to sneak around because planning laws favour the rich because as you have had said to you peasants shouldn't be owning land
    Oh touche dolly! But what we have here is friends arguing with friends, within a narrow set of parameters of what may or not be defined as an argument, but who sets those parameters? The bloody media that's who ,and those naughty lizards who affect our vibrational state to their aims. So compared to be me, Alice is a very sensible bloke, even though he never comes across as such in the electronic world.

Bickering on forums is so annoying, how can any of us really know each other until we've actually spent some time together in real life?
    Last edited by Uncle jhad; 06-03--2017 at 08:42 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Cobra, Sootyfoot, wandering gypsy

I have no problem with people buying and living on their own land or any other land they can get away with. Just don't go all YouTube when they call time on the occupancy. Except it was a long shot and be thankful for getting the chance to own a bit of ground and to have spent that time on it. I'm surrounded by traveller sites. Most legal, some just pushing the envolope. A lot of the people I really know are from that way of life. I've got to say it how it is.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

lone wolf survivalist.

Are you just taking a pot at me or did you actually read the post which I quoted? I will charitably assume the latter.

How do you suppose that the planning officer can distinguish the dark money lust which seems to drive most of the population from the bright, lovely garden which is your soul, hagrid? And how does she know that you won't drop dead tomorrow and your estate fall into the hands of Ms Average Monegrabber?
    nope, not having a pop, I was referring to the planning officer.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd

Transcending
    Building permission for Eco homes is available, special conditions apply. The biggest problem is that the conditions involve a lot of work for many years, and judging from the fairly small uptake not many people are prepared to work that hard.

onsecondthoughtswtf stinkypete1's Avatar

If you let one person get away with it, hundreds, thousands will want to follow and everything will get screwed. That's what laws are for.

"theyre not conforming to the estsblishment rules" no, and nor would I be conforming to the establishment rules if I slashed my neighbour's tyres, built a 20ft high shed in the back of my terraced house, paid my taxes in real blood, etc etc. "establishment rules" = "the law of the land", same for all of us.
    Sorry but while what you are saying about rules may have truth about it,not every instance of rule breaking involves slashing tyres etc etc and establishment rules" = "the law of the land", same for all of us.[/QUOTE]
    not true unless you happen to beleive that all laws rules regulations and official botherings are made to make all our lives safe secure and cuddly,,,,,,,,

As far as im concerned the so called law of the land doesnt as a rule serve the people it chains the people to conformity to the 9 to 5 to the do what we say not what we do brigade it chokes the life from real freethought and action etc etc etc etc, I try very hard to not make my life choices impact upon other peoples choices, but my general attitude is fuck the establishment fuck their laws and fuck the fuckers that make them,that may sound extreme or wrong, but living life not conforming to what makes the establishment sleep got some of my attitudes kicked literally into existance,dont know if i spelled everything korrektly but its my truth as is the truth of the two people this issue concerns that being their truth,,,,,,,
    Last edited by stinkypete1; 14-03--2017 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Added
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, NomadicRT, parrotandcrow

I agree with Paul

Noobie
    Just caught up with this thread. We have a house with a 1 acre field and have a polytunnel chickens and ducks on the last medieval strip fields still being farmed in Wales. Recently the one and a half acre pasture next door to us has been bought for 27,000. You can't tell me that the purchaser has paid 18,000 an acre to graze sheep on it.
    They are speculating that at some stage they will get planning permission to build on it.
    Right now I have an uninterrupted view of the Irish Sea across open fields. Were it to become a housing estate then I and all the other people that own these ancient strips of land (called "Strangs") will sell their land as building plots and move away on the profit.

lone wolf survivalist.

Originally Posted by ruonglue
    Just caught up with this thread. We have a house with a 1 acre field and have a polytunnel chickens and ducks on the last medieval strip fields still being farmed in Wales. Recently the one and a half acre pasture next door to us has been bought for 27,000. You can't tell me that the purchaser has paid 18,000 an acre to graze sheep on it.
    They are speculating that at some stage they will get planning permission to build on it.
    Right now I have an uninterrupted view of the Irish Sea across open fields. Were it to become a housing estate then I and all the other people that own these ancient strips of land (called "Strangs") will sell their land as building plots and move away on the profit.
    those medieval field strips are now here as "Leper Fields".