THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: wood chippers - anyone know anything about them?

Not Quite a Noobie

wood chippers - anyone know anything about them?

I am looking to invest in a serious wood chipper as have a supply of regularly pruned trees nearby and want to use the chips. I have got customers for chips (commercial organic gardeners, garden centres etc) if I can find a machine that doesn't cost more in maintenance, broken blades etc. What I have found so far says that these days they seem to be made of lower grade steel and break frequently. Or cost more than it would be worth to purchase.

The chipper needs to be mobile - towable, or easy to get on a trailer - and some of the places where the trees are have no electric.

Anyone got any ideas of a manufacturer that is worth looking at? This machine will get some serious hammer once purchased! Thanks

If you've got the cash a greenmech cs100 looks good to me
    just a simple guy

Yes,dont keep your land rover keys in the top pocket of ya jacket whilst operating one😕xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo, yazz

Not Quite a Noobie
    ow rainbomama!

Not sure about that, looks a bit lightweight to me for what I am thinking. Will go and see if I get photos of the types of wood I am talking about tomorrow as I heard a chainsaw nearby today...

Greenmach do a range different size chippers the cs100 appeals to me because it's small enough to get through gateways to get into people's back gardens, but if you want to chip a lot of bigger stuff & work it hard then a big machine with a diesel engine and roller feed is the kiddie.
    just a simple guy

Not Quite a Noobie
    thanks offgrid. I finally spotted the other thread on woodchippers and have looked more at the greenmech catalogue now. There is some seriously meaty stuff in there. And diesel too!