THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What I know

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by zendaze
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Sounds sublime and blissful.....Good for you.

Any stumbling blocks with the non reciprocation by the overlords?
    Zendaze living on this earth is not sublime and blissful, most of the time it is bloody hard work, I don't really know anyone that has it easy, Zambaku's Thread is called 'What I know', I was just stating what I know - well some of it.

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    As for happiness/unhappiness, I think that this comic is fairly profound.

If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, Cobra, nomis

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    the older I get, the more I realise I know nothing
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, dollybassett, likahamadoolihan, oldkeith

Great comic! It really was quite intelligent =)
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

Great point, Wandering Gypsy. =) In all honestly, all we have is faith, it is quite impossible to know anything at all.
    The following users think this post is groovy: oldkeith

Originally Posted by parrotandcrow
    As for happiness/unhappiness, I think that this comic is fairly profound.

That makes sense, I think happiness are moments, sometimes fleeting and sometimes it lasts longer, but mostly it is how we feel at a particular time over something that feels right and works, or it can be a vision about some future event.

I agree with that statement. I do not know whether I will feel like like permanently. I'm just enjoying being content and not taking anything very seriously =)

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by dollybassett
    Zendaze living on this earth is not sublime and blissful, most of the time it is bloody hard work, I don't really know anyone that has it easy, Zambaku's Thread is called 'What I know', I was just stating what I know - well some of it.
    Perhaps because this may be one of the 'hard schools' for beings to learn in, according to some philosophies. At least in our time, and certainly in the last few thousands of years that preceded it.
    Planetary conditions change over the eons, and there may have been 'golden' ages here in the past, when civilisations were run fairly, and evil ones held no sway here in that time.
    It is said that this is after all the 'Kali Yuga' the age of iron or darkness, and those of goodwill and honesty have much to endure.

Originally Posted by wandering gypsy
    the older I get, the more I realise I know nothing
    Likewise but now I'm forgetting stuff so I know even less
    Not all who wander are lost

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Wulfie
    Likewise but now I'm forgetting stuff so I know even less
    Ah, but the joy of rediscovery! Almost like being teenage again!

Transcending
    Most of the time I am "content", that's neither happy nor unhappy.

I am always skeptical of these kinds of philosphies as in the past I have seen people preaching it, not because they truly belive any of it, but because they are just out to massage their own egos, because they are insecure and crave attention. It is not an ideal world we live in, it is a cruel world we live in and 'mother nature' does not give two shits if the human race becomes extinct. The world was here before us and will be here after we have all gone, the world owes us nothing.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Zambaku

Dollybasset: I am up for a philosophical discussion anytime. I know I don't really use the correct terminologies since I believe that most people aren't into philosophy but still might wanna join in and chit chat. The title "What I know" is fundamentally flawed, am aware of that. If we are to be more correct with our words then I state: It seems to me, that nothing can be proven, nothing can be truly be known, for all we know, we might just be brains in vats. Or for that matter, I may be a brain in a vat, being manipulated by someone, or something and this is all just an illusion.

I don't believe I stated that life is easy. I was trying to make the point that even if things are tough, you don't have to fall into pieces and in the lack of better words drown in missery =)

rhythm: You do right to be sceptic. I know that it might sound like "Look at me, I'm so high and mighty and happy" But you just have to take my word for it that's not what I am after. I am just offering up some of my views and experiences in the hope that it might help someone. I have suffered greatly from depression and anxiety in the past, and I have found some tools that helped me out and I simply wish to share them. Now, if I where to take money for teaching these things THAT would be a red flag XD

Originally Posted by Zambaku
    rhythm: You do right to be sceptic. I know that it might sound like "Look at me, I'm so high and mighty and happy" But you just have to take my word for it that's not what I am after. I am just offering up some of my views and experiences in the hope that it might help someone.
    Some of my scepticism comes from the amount of yogurt weavers I have seen over the years talking utter krap to the point where it becomes irrational and silly. Everything you have said is rational and you have not added any yogurt to the pot, so if that approach works for you then that is good. I myself am also familiar with anxiety and depression and know how the right tools can help when you find them. One thing I do get pissed off with is when i see people talking about love and connectedness and saying that you can just, 'think yourself happy', those kinds of people to me are uneducated and ignorant, they prefer to live in the bliss of their own ignorance half the time, rather than face reality.
    Form is nothingness and nothingness is form.

The following users think this post is groovy: Zambaku

Originally Posted by Zambaku
    Dollybasset: I am up for a philosophical discussion anytime. I know I don't really use the correct terminologies since I believe that most people aren't into philosophy but still might wanna join in and chit chat. The title "What I know" is fundamentally flawed, am aware of that. If we are to be more correct with our words then I state: It seems to me, that nothing can be proven, nothing can be truly be known, for all we know, we might just be brains in vats. Or for that matter, I may be a brain in a vat, being manipulated by someone, or something and this is all just an illusion.

I don't believe I stated that life is easy. I was trying to make the point that even if things are tough, you don't have to fall into pieces and in the lack of better words drown in missery =)

Zambaku, what you say makes sense, and nothing wrong with the words you use, I suppose we all see our realities differently and that is the way it is meant to be for we are all connected yet unique. I like reading your posts as you have much to offer. Life I feel goes in cycles, sometimes it is tough sometimes a little easier, we go from one experience to another, we have highs and lows it is just the way it is. Sometimes my life doesn't make sense and I am going through one of those times, it is painful and I am struggling to be honest, but I keep focused on my work that gets me through until such a time the struggling will pass.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, oldkeith, Zambaku

Heavenly Creature
    Zambaku, you contributions are very welcome here.
    Most people on here try to keep to terms that most other people understand, or are familiar with, or can readily look up if they don't always know them. This is a popular philosophy forum, not really for those who like to use highly philosophical terminology that might be heard in university debates. So don't worry about terminological exactitudes - I certainly don't.

As for the title of the thread, it might have been better served by calling it something like: "What I have learned from experience" rather than 'What I know', but it shouldn't confuse anybody really. We all aware that we only think we know about things, or we have opinions on them, whether based on experience or otherwise.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett

Originally Posted by rhythm
    Some of my scepticism comes from the amount of yogurt weavers I have seen over the years talking utter krap to the point where it becomes irrational and silly. Everything you have said is rational and you have not added any yogurt to the pot, so if that approach works for you then that is good. I myself am also familiar with anxiety and depression and know how the right tools can help when you find them. One thing I do get pissed off with is when i see people talking about love and connectedness and saying that you can just, 'think yourself happy', those kinds of people to me are uneducated and ignorant, they prefer to live in the bliss of their own ignorance half the time, rather than face reality.

Was wondering what a yogurt weaver was

Who or what will be judging any soul?

What I know is that the person you think you are doesn't really exist, there is no death but a continuation on another plane, we are here to learn yes that is true, we are spiritual beings having an human experience, we can come back to this earthly plane many times, every thought we think, every deed we do creates a ripple affect, what matters is the intention of why you do something and not the outcome, you will be judged solely on your actions and the love, kindness and compassion you have shown, we are not expected to be perfect, and the aim is to go through life being fearless and always choosing love.

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by rhythm

I feel the same about 'Super-optimists'! Pie-in-the-sky people; politicians local councils and their agents, charity people who think they are going to save the world....
    The following users think this post is groovy: rhythm

Ethnic well off types who eat yoghurt and do weaving, talking pretentious high flown rubbish.

The following users think this post is groovy: Petew

The best definition would be by John Broken willow, from his book 'Yoghurt weaving in a nutsell', which is a very funny book and a good read, definition is:

'Yogurt weaving means engaging in a practice or belief concerning the use or manipulation of forces not understood by science'

Not that I completely disbelieve that there are things that science does not understand, but a lot of yogurt weavers seem to be good at talking bollocks

The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    what a load of rubbish, im off to nail jelly to a tree and decorate it with plaited fog
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, cricket, NomadicRT, Zambaku

Originally Posted by wandering gypsy
    what a load of rubbish, im off to nail jelly to a tree and decorate it with plaited fog
    Step away from the yogurt,you have your whole life ahead of you