Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What I know

Heavenly Creature

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by wandering gypsy
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    what a load of rubbish, im off to nail jelly to a tree and decorate it with plaited fog
    Harry, you must be a super-optimist! I would never have guessed.....

Originally Posted by rhythm
    The best definition would be by John Broken willow, from his book 'Yoghurt weaving in a nutsell', which is a very funny book and a good read, definition is:

'Yogurt weaving means engaging in a practice or belief concerning the use or manipulation of forces not understood by science'

Not that I completely disbelieve that there are things that science does not understand, but a lot of yogurt weavers seem to be good at talking bollocks

why would it bother you what anyone else thinks, yogurt weaver or not, you are your own man, you can believe or disbelieve what you choose.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

I like yonken yoghurt but I eat it all and have never tried to weave it. Perhaps i should be more positive and buy some weaving sticks

The trouble is, you think you have time.

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett

Step away from the yogurt,you have your whole life ahead of you
    Tell us what you know

Originally Posted by dollybassett
    Tell us what you know
    I knows nothing, but i get annoyed when i hear yogurt weavers talking krap and saying things such as crystals will cure you of your illnesses, or reactivating your DNA, or you can be healed by listening to the sound of the ocean or some shite along those lines. Even worse is people make money off these sorts of things by praying on gullible people,

I knows nothing, but i get annoyed when i hear yogurt weavers talking krap and saying things such as crystals will cure you of your illnesses, or reactivating your DNA, or you can be healed by listening to the sound of the ocean or some shite along those lines. Even worse is people make money off these sorts of things by praying on gullible people,
    Who do you know that prays on gullible people
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Who do you know that prays on gullible people
    Would you pay someone who says they can heal your illnesses with a crystal, or put you in touch with your guardian angel, there are gullible people who fall for these things, it is ridiculous.

Heavenly Creature

Quite understand, and share your feelings about such people preying on the gullible. Doris Stokes, the 'Medium', was one such example:

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by cricket
    Ethnic well off types who eat yoghurt and do weaving, talking pretentious high flown rubbish.
    Why should the wealthy have an exclusive on pretentiousness?

Would you pay someone who says they can heal your illnesses with a crystal, or put you in touch with your guardian angel, there are gullible people who fall for these things, it is ridiculous.
    The only person that can heal your body is you, plus if you wish to be connected to your Guardian Angel you are quite capable of doing that for yourself you don't need to pay anyone.

Heavenly Creature

It works for some, because they believe in it. Very powerful thing, faith.
    The following users think this post is groovy: treestump

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    It works for some, because they believe in it. Very powerful thing, faith.
    Blind faith can also be a curse
    The following users think this post is groovy: oldkeith

The colour blue can cure jaundice in babies
    Crystals have many magical properties that science and technology have made use of.. so why can crystals not cure someone of ill health?
    Music and spoken word on radio has been proven to make plants grow bigger stronger faster. So why cant music help your health?

I think its rather "world is flat" type attitude to assume that the earth and its properties cant help heal us.
    There are many witch doctors, sooth sayers and psychics out there who do a wonderful job of putting someones mind at ease, giving them hope. Which is far more than the NHS and Large Pharmaceutical companies who make big money from prescription commissions.
    I do most of my own stunts because the stunt guys show me how.
    The following users think this post is groovy: etherea, oddballdave, Petew

Originally Posted by treestump
    The colour blue can cure jaundice in babies
    That is a bit of a misleading statement. There is a method called photo-therapy, and it reduces the amount of bilirubin in the blood that can cause jaundice. It is a fluorescent light that is used and the light is absorbed through the skin, this is a process which science can explain due to research, it is not the color that heals, it is the light being emitted at a specific wavelength.

When I give a Reiki Treatment, I never tell someone that I can heal them because I can't, the Reiki energy goes into someones body and it is up to that persons body what it does with it, all I set is the intention for the Reiki energy to go into the body where it is most needed.

Listening to music, or the ocean waves is very therapeutic and can help a depressed or anxious person bring harmony to their body which in turn can promote healing, using crystals etc does the same thing, but it is the body and the body alone that can bring healing if it chooses to.
    The following users think this post is groovy: oddballdave

That is a bit of a misleading statement. There is a method called photo-therapy, and it reduces the amount of bilirubin in the blood that can cause jaundice. It is a fluorescent light that is used and the light is absorbed through the skin, this is a process which science can explain due to research, it is not the color that heals, it is the light being emitted at a specific wavelength.

I wasn't really in the mood for a full blown discussion on Quantum mechanics
    If we are going to be pedantic about the colour lets leave the colour out of this equation and focus on what actually is helping Jaundice - LIGHT
    I do most of my own stunts because the stunt guys show me how.
    The following users think this post is groovy: oddballdave

Originally Posted by treestump
    I wasn't really in the mood for a full blown discussion on Quantum mechanics
    If we are going to be pedantic about the colour lets leave the colour out of this equation and focus on what actually is helping Jaundice - LIGHT

99% of the universe is vacuum, or just plain empty space.
    The rest is energy (pretending to be solid)

Waves are beams, beams are waves, yet both are neither!

Energy cannot be created, nor destroyed.

MERELY transformed.

As the wonderful philosopher Sir Terry Pratchett once stated.

“It is well known that stone can think, because the whole of electronics is based on that fact, but in some universes men spend ages looking for other intelligences in the sky without once looking under their feet. That is because they've got the time-span all wrong. From stone's point of view the universe is hardly created and mountain ranges are bouncing up and down like organ-stops while continents zip backward and forward in general high spirits, crashing into each other from the sheer joy of momentum and getting their rocks off. It is going to be quite some time before stone notices its disfiguring skin disease and starts to scratch, which is just as well.”

So who of us can say that the energy, which is pretending to be a crystal cannot be transformed into some other form of energy?

Who quite enjoys sharing energy with the wild, untamed rocks in the mountains.
    The following users think this post is groovy: etherea, NomadicRT, Petew, treestump

When I give a Reiki Treatment, I never tell someone that I can heal them because I can't
    I'm not saying all these different things should be banned, if a person wants it that is up to them, but those who practice alternative healing and mislead people by telling them they can heal them, should be held to account.

You would be amazed at the power of a rock/stone. I go to my local beach here and I collect rocks/stones from the sand and when a person has a treatment with me they always comment on them (I have them displayed on a table), so they choose one to take home, it is like I have given them a million pounds, they have this unique rock/stone and they feel it was picked up from the beach especially for them which of course it was.

Heavenly Creature

Blind faith can also be a curse
    Or a band! I was there...

Or a band! I was there...

To you I say:

The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee

Heavenly Creature

I'm not saying all these different things should be banned, if a person wants it that is up to them, but those who practice alternative healing and mislead people by telling them they can heal them, should be held to account.
    Healing is a funny thing. I used to know a GP who often prescribed minute doses with, he said, excellent results. He described this approach to a group of other GPs, I was there (though not a GP), and later told me that one of them said he had tried it but found it ineffective. You need to believe in it, he told me, or it doesn't work. Of course, this was long ago, when GPs were independent agents and allowed to be a bit barking. But his patients loved him and I'm convinced that this helped them survive and or recover.

Healing is a funny thing. I used to know a GP who often prescribed minute doses with, he said, excellent results. He described this approach to a group of other GPs, I was there (though not a GP), and later told me that one of them said he had tried it but found it ineffective. You need to believe in it, he told me, or it doesn't work. Of course, this was long ago, when GPs were independent agents and allowed to be a bit barking. But his patients loved him and I'm convinced that this helped them survive and or recover.
    Belief has nothing to do with modern medicine, it works because scientific research and trials have proven it so. There are cases of the placebo effect, but not enough is understood about it, and it is not a valid or justified as a way of treating people. You would not expect somebody with cancer to be healed by placebo, belief does not kill cancer cells, medicine does.