Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What I know

What I know

I am just going to post what I know, maybe it will help someone, maybe someone will find flaws with my way of thinking, if you do, please question it so I can reflect upon it and move on to other ideas. There is no need to hang on to rotten fruit.

The secret to live happily is to understand that every living thing is one, we are all connected. By loving yourself and seeing yourself in everything else, how can you do harm? how can you be jelous?

Drop your ego as much as possible. Without a focus on your ego, you will be content with what you have. Realise that the hole in your heart can never be filled with material things. No matter how much you throw into the hole it is never filled. it is truly bottomless.

This life, this reality is but one page in a book with infinite pages, very little actually matters. The meaning of life, is love. Love and have fun, enjoy yourselves! Dance, smile and laugh!

This is what I've learned you know? What will you carry with you when you die? We will be remembered for our actions, not for what we had.

Negativity is a poison that consumes both the mind and the body, and it spreads so easely, please be aware of it.

I'll end this post here and post more later on.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.
    The following users think this post is groovy: etherea, Mikefc61, naturalspirit, NomadicRT, Petew, Wulfie

I agree with most of it.However.....you mentioned jealousy/ego etc.Are'nt you the guy who wants a threesome?If so (and please accept my apology if you're not the guy)how does that fit in with your post?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Heavenly Creature

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Zambaku
    The secret to live happily is to understand that every living thing is one, we are all connected. By loving yourself and seeing yourself in everything else, how can you do harm? how can you be jelous?

Drop your ego as much as possible. Without a focus on your ego, you will be content with what you have. Realise that the hole in your heart can never be filled with material things. No matter how much you throw into the hole it is never filled. it is truly bottomless.
    What do you think about reincarnation? And compassion?

Practical guidance on ego-dropping while loving yourself would be useful. I believe that ego can exist independently of love of things.

Negativity is good sometimes. Sometimes you have to say "no".

The problem is every time I try to be positive I get knocked back down. So my theory is be negative, then anything good that happens is a bonus

The trouble is, you think you have time.

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot, zendaze

Originally Posted by Petew
    The problem is every time I try to be positive I get knocked back down. So my theory is be negative, then anything good that happens is a bonus
    Yes!! That's how I think! And if anything good does happen, I'm always waiting for it to be taken away
    The following users think this post is groovy: Petew

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Yes!! That's how I think! And if anything good does happen, I'm always waiting for it to be taken away
    You know it, one step forward, two steps back. In a previous life I must have done something nasty!!

The trouble is, you think you have time.

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, NomadicRT

Heavenly Creature
    "Fortune favours the prepared mind" Louis Pasteur

"...and that works both ways" Brynhyffryd

Cobra:
    I'm absolutely up for a threesome. But relationships where you live with more then one partner is often troublesome since most of the times someone will get jealous. My thought on this that it grounds itself in insecurity. If you are secure in yourself you won't have jelousy. Love is like a lit candle, no matter how many candles you light with the flame, it never diminishes, so there is no need to not give away your love.

brynhyffryd:
    reincarnation, there are people who have memories of past lives with knowledge they simply can't have. There are some prime examples of children in rural areas in poorer countries talking about other villages, talking about specific persons they have never met´, most of these children say they died violently in their past lives. If it's memories from another another reality or this one I can't say, but I believe it is possible to stay in this reality and that you don't have to go to another one.

petew:
    Whatever works for you is fantastic! =) Personaly, I have suffered from depression the majority of my life aswell as anxiety. I searched for a way out from negativity since negativity fed the hopelessness and sadness that I was consumed by. I reduce my ego and detach myself from the world as much as I possibly can and it has done wonders for me. Now I can deal with hard situations without it touching my happiness. I realised that anything external cannot touch my happiness unless I let it.

Whatever we are meant to suffer in life we suffer, nothing is left out.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, NomadicRT

Cobra:
    I'm absolutely up for a threesome. But relationships where you live with more then one partner is often troublesome since most of the times someone will get jealous. My thought on this that it grounds itself in insecurity. If you are secure in yourself you won't have jelousy. Love is like a lit candle, no matter how many candles you light with the flame, it never diminishes, so there is no need to not give away your love.

brynhyffryd:
    reincarnation, there are people who have memories of past lives with knowledge they simply can't have. There are some prime examples of children in rural areas in poorer countries talking about other villages, talking about specific persons they have never met´, most of these children say they died violently in their past lives. If it's memories from another reality or this one I can't say, but I believe it is possible to stay in this reality and that you don't have to go to another one.

petew:
    Whatever works for you is fantastic! =) Personaly, I have suffered from depression the majority of my life aswell as anxiety. I searched for a way out from negativity since negativity fed the hopelessness and sadness that I was consumed by. I reduce my ego and detach myself from the world as much as I possibly can and it has done wonders for me. Now I can deal with hard situations without it touching my happiness. I realised that anything external cannot touch my happiness unless I let it.

Whatever we are meant to suffer in life we suffer, nothing is left out.

lone wolf survivalist.
    what I know is that I am fine by myself, its other people that give me earache and grief, left alone I don't have a problem, mix with others is when stress begins.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lennie, Lightbringer, Sootyfoot, Wulfie, zendaze

Sorry for the double posting, I tried to edit my post and made a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

hagrid:
    That is a very good realisation! And I agree. Other people often introduces chaos.

Originally Posted by Petew
    You know it, one step forward, two steps back. In a previous life I must have done something nasty!!
    For example.... my oh just got a parking ticket

I think you have to look at the positives, which is different from being one of those relentlessly cheerful people.
    Every single situation can give a tiny positive outcome if you look hard enough. Put simply, make best of a bad job.
    The following users think this post is groovy: naturalspirit, NomadicRT, parrotandcrow

Exactly, Miss_bee. Everything has atleast 2 sides, just focus on the side you want. If you want to be sad, be sad, if you want to be angry, be angry, if you want to be happy, be happy. Though I have an inner happiness that is yet to be disturbed, I am not cheerful. There is a difference =) And I am well aware that I will stumble many more times, that is just life.

A tip if you feel life is getting you down and there are too many problems. Go outside, go into nature and atleast for me, the problems melt away. The problems we tend to suffer is of a social construct and it not real, being in nature removes the bad influences it has on us. A clear night sky also does miracles on giving you a perspective on the scale of things.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, NomadicRT

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    For example.... my oh just got a parking ticket
    What shocking bad luck.

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Zambaku
    Love is like a lit candle, no matter how many candles you light with the flame, it never diminishes, so there is no need to not give away your love.

The following users think this post is groovy: Zambaku

Thank you, haha =)

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    What shocking bad luck.
    It's not the end of the world but it's money we don't have

Heavenly Creature
    While agreeing with much of the OP's statement, i would be interested in learning why he thinks he is here.

By all means spend your lifetime as happily as possible, and try to spread love and helpfulness wherever possible, and have fun and enjoy yourself while you are doing it.

But do not forget the other reason you volunteered to come here in the first place, in addition to the above.
    You came to learn.
    If you leave without learning anything more than what you came with, then this page of the book has been wasted.

Why I am here? That is simple. I am here for knowledge, love and fun!

Heavenly Creature
    Then it is good to learn that you also know that you are here to learn
    The following users think this post is groovy: Zambaku

What I know is that the person you think you are doesn't really exist, there is no death but a continuation on another plane, we are here to learn yes that is true, we are spiritual beings having an human experience, we can come back to this earthly plane many times, every thought we think, every deed we do creates a ripple affect, what matters is the intention of why you do something and not the outcome, you will be judged solely on your actions and the love, kindness and compassion you have shown, we are not expected to be perfect, and the aim is to go through life being fearless and always choosing love.
    The following users think this post is groovy: naturalspirit, parrotandcrow

dollybassett. We are on the same page. I have came to the same conclussion =)
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett

Sounds sublime and blissful.....Good for you.

Any stumbling blocks with the non reciprocation by the overlords?