THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Was Jesus The Illegitimate Son Of A Lying Adultress

Was Jesus The Illegitimate Son Of A Lying Adultress

A good article by atheist author Michael Sherlock , seems like the Monty python team had done a bit of research before making The Life of Brian.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sex
    Male

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Form is nothingness and nothingness is form.

Sex
    Male
    Was he a very naughty boy?

The trouble is, you think you have time.

Sex
    Male

Form is nothingness and nothingness is form.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    I doubt any of us will ever know what really happened back then, but I'd have loved to have a smoke with this Jesus guy, and NO I am not being facetious
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    I am not convinced the evidence is there to substantiate the existence of this character called Jesus, though I do rather like Philip Pullman's novel, "The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ". Whether he existed or not an immaculate conception seems unlikely. My Mormon upbringing suggests that even God has to obey natural laws, so they believe God had sex with Mary in order for her to conceive. I have sometimes wondered whether there was a second coming already ...

Whether he originally existed in any form or not the idea of him has been remodelled many times in order to enforce complicity and maintain power. Unfortunately it has usually been men and their gangs that have held and abused that power - nothing to do with any god at all. I think it quite likely that if I ever met a god I would resist him/her/it with everything at my disposal.
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan, oldkeith

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I liked Rupert the Bear when I was confused
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    I liked Rupert the Bear when I was confused
    Everyone sing his name
    just a simple guy

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Offgrid hero
    Everyone sing his name
    but does everyone know his middle name ???
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    the
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child, Shroom

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    I still wear trousers like his,he was an inspiration to me. I may be digressing a bit,so will continue to say that I think he is the son of god and his mum was a tart !!
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Uncle jhad
    I doubt any of us will ever know what really happened back then, but I'd have loved to have a smoke with this Jesus guy, and NO I am not being facetious
    A glass of water with him would of done the job,as he would of turned it into a vintage bordeaux !!
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander, Uncle jhad

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Shroom
    but does everyone know his middle name ???
    Vivian?
    just a simple guy