Thread: How to keep up yoga and meditation everyday?

Noobie

How to keep up yoga and meditation everyday?

Hey Everyone

If you do either yoga or meditation, how to do fit it into your day and how long for? What time do you find is best? Is it easier to do a light yoga session focusing on stretching rather than fitness? How did you make it a routine? And what are your best or favourite yoga positions?

I take part in a yoga class every week and at the beginning of the year started doing yoga and meditation everyday, but that has stopped

I already train 7 days and week and do one yoga and one ballet class a week so find it difficult to find the energy or time to do a little extra yoga and meditation! So whats your secrets?

What ever yoga you mean, the answer is just do it. Everyday. Yoga in hinduism is for example very much seeking God. In the west my impression it's a fitness thing. As long as you are seeking God, you are doing yoga according to some Sadhu's I've heard talking about yoga.

I do yoga and meditation whenever I can. There is no secret to it, just do it. =)
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

We have been doing a Yoga lesson every week when we can, and at home when we feel like it.
    For us it's more a matter of doing it when we feel like it rather than as a fixed thing we have to do every day. If we did it like that it would lose some of what it means to us. If you can see what I mean. It's supposed to make us feel good about ourselves not be a thing we feel obliged to do or feel guilty if we don't do it.

We have also been doing meditation most days, Again when we feel we need a few minutes of peace do regain ourselves not at a certain time each day. As life can be stressful at any time.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, Sarah, shinobidef, Zambaku

I aim to practice when I'm off work for the 4 days ( I work 4 on 4 off).However,I like to keep a flexible attitude to this,and go with the flow!With meditation,I practice when it suits.Usually early mornings whilst its quiet.I have been known to meditate at work too!
    The following users think this post is groovy: naturalspirit

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    I aim to practice when I'm off work for the 4 days ( I work 4 on 4 off).However,I like to keep a flexible attitude to this,and go with the flow!With meditation,I practice when it suits.Usually early mornings whilst its quiet.I have been known to meditate at work too!
    I meditate at work too, But only before people get in. Don't want to look like a wimp to the other men.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, FriedOnion

The toilets are a good place too for a quick refresher!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    The toilets are a good place too for a quick refresher!
    Sounds like a plan.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalspirit View Post
    I meditate at work too, But only before people get in. Don't want to look like a wimp to the other men.
    I feel that the people who have a problem with this kind of things are the real wimps.