THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Price of a Romahome

Price of a Romahome

Hi All,
    My grandfather recently died and left behind two Romahomes. One is a Citroen C5 type one, and one is a Bedford Rascal one. I want to sell them both to get my grandmother a little extra cash. My grandad had a bad habit of buying things and leaving them sitting, so assuming I can get them tidied up reasonably (they are nice inside and not bad on the outside) and they are mechanically sound (which I reckon they are once I get them going again) how much roughly would they be worth?

Anyone any idea?

I have no clue but think grandad paid over the odds for them at the time.

Sex
    Male
    Year, mileage, S/H, condition, running ect. Lots of parameters between a scrapper and a gem. It's the time of year to drop one that's on the road but another point, you're across the water so you've a smaller market.
    Not all who wander are lost

Hi Wulfie, Yeah I need to go look at all those parameters. They'll definitely run and the mileage is low.

Our supply is probably proportionally smaller than our demand too though. There aren't that many Romahomes about in NI.

I guess the NI thing means it'll be near impossible to gauge. Just worried I'll sell it for 200 and then find out it's worth multiples of that. I'm certain I can put them back in their original condition (as in when grandad bought them) with little work. Reckon he paid around 2k each for them but I don't know if he was stung or if these things are worth money. I literally have no idea.

Sex
    Male
    Look on ebay... there's *loads* of them for sale!

And none of them are 200
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Do you not fancy keeping one for yourself?
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    Are they over 30 years old? The Republic has different laws on campers to the UK. I think they are MOT exempt, also very cheap road tax.

Transcending
    Sex
    Male
    If they've been standing for a long time it's worth checking out the brake pipes for corrosion. Replacement is quite easy, and sometimes it's cheaper to buy a coil of pipe, fittings and a flaring tool and make them yourself.

Not Quite a Noobie
    Sex
    Male
    do you mean citroen c15 romahome not c5? Obviously depends on condition but as a guide I would guess 2 to 5k for the rascal and anywhere from 3 to 10k for the c15 (assuming it is a c15). The lower end if its a dog and the upper end if its clean and tidy obviously.

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    In good nick they're both worth at least a couple of grand - in excellent nick they'll potentially fetch more.

However, if you do want to sell for 200