Thread: Cheap(er) cotton/canvas tarps?

Cheap(er) cotton/canvas tarps?

As in the title, just wondered if anyone knows of anywhere selling large sheets of cotton tarpaulin (in and around 12x10ft). Read some outdated pages on the net where people were talking about getting larger rolls from army surplus shops/warehouses, but all of the pages are expired or don't seem to sell the stuff any more. Cheapest I can find at the minute is around 60 per tarpaulin!

Surely someone knows of a cheaper source!!

Canvas tarp isnt cheap because itsvthe best.The best is made in the US.Youll get one thst size xtra hesvy duty for same price but cost you as much to ship and import.Plastic tarps are rubbish.
    If youre not wsnting to.pay much youre best sesrching ebay for ex army tarps or lorry sheeting but non of it will be much cheaper than new.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 10-03--2017 at 08:46 PM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Ah, ok. We've already had plenty of experience with plastic tarps haha, not the best.

Thank you anyway!

Where are you in the Country? Anchor supplies in Nottingham /Derbyshire have 2nds bins. Often when they are panels from full canvas tents sold cheap. You may needs to cut to size and hem.

http://www.anchorsupplies.com/
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Sorry for not checking back in! We ended up calling every army surplus shop in our county and the ones surrounding it, and found a 30x20 roll of ex-army truck cotton duck canvas for 150 (+30 petrol and spending an hour getting out of Exeter picking it up). Buying the same quantity of canvas tarps new came to around 400 at least, so pretty happy with that one^

A lot of the shops said they don't get them in very often, so for anyone else looking, keep phoning around!

If I had known you were spending so much money and prepared to travel. I would have gone through my stash. Glad you got sorted.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

Noobie
    Just seen you comment from unturnedisclosure were was in that you got your canvas from that price is good I'm looking for some was it the heavy grade canvas.

Not sure what you are using it for but used vehicle curtains are very cheap and very tough - make good shelters, ground sheets, vehicle covers. It's worth contacting a haulier with vehicles with the colour that you want.

My local one is green with white stripes - looks good as the inside doesn't have the logo, but is the base colour ie green

I bought about 80 metres x 3m for 80 including delivery
    Everything is not normal.