THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Holes in van floor

Holes in van floor

Hi everyone, I'm currently on a van build and have taken up the ply board on floor to sort out rust. After removing the ply I've discovered the screws were fixed straight through the floor and i can see the road! 😮 Has anyone come across this problem before? I don't know what to fill the holes with and don't want the floor rotting out on me few years down the road. Please help 🙁

Sex
    Male
    I would treat any rust around the holes, paint with Hammerite both sides and the fill the screw holes with CT1 or Sikaflex.

Thanks r3ubs would it matter which sikaflex i use or would some be better than others?

Sex
    Male
    Not sure off the top of my head which Sikaflex would be best.

I would use CT1 though- I rate it much more than Sikaflex. It's just as effective (if not more so), not as full of horrible chemicals, much less harmful if you get it on your hands and doesn't matter if it gets wet before it has cured.

Thanks alot mate, CT1 now on the shopping list. Much appreciated 😀
    The following users think this post is groovy: r3ubs