THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Tell us about your day

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Sprouted
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Would love one of those hugs, I myself have had a really down day, lots of tears and feelings of hopelessness and loneliness 😢 Hugs make such a huge difference x
    Sending huge virtual hugs, not as good as a real one I know but still a hug. Sorry you have had a down day. X

-- Posted from the
    --

Tuning In

Originally Posted by Phoenix72
    Sending huge virtual hugs, not as good as a real one I know but still a hug. Sorry you have had a down day. X

-- Posted from the
    --
    Thank you, virtual hug very welcome. New day tomorrow n all that xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Phoenix72

Heavenly Creature
    Well i got a promotion at work today, so in thinking about quiting. Told the boss i didnt want it n just got told its mine, get on with it. If i didnt need the money to finish donk i would have took my tools n walked of site
    The following users think this post is groovy: convoy, Ecobob, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, Rick69

Took a bus ride to sign up for a course, only to find out it there is no date set for it yet
    , then went to the gym, had some exercise and then spent an hour relaxing in the sauna and steam rooms.

Musical hippy dreadhead maddy harper's Avatar
    I'm going to see a council house tomorrow morning they have to adapt the bathroom so that the shower been put in it because at the moment is about it but to be honest I've decided I'm going to take the property because it's got to be better than the shit hole I'm in now because it least it will have central heating double glazing and hot water
    Correction the toilet currently has a bath in it not the actual toilet the route self because if you put a bath in the toilet that would just be fucking stupid to have serious accident both with bass and toilet and this post is starting to get really fucking stupid LOL
    If there are any mistakes in my posts it's Apple dictation's fault
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, parrotandcrow, realnutter

I will let you know how the viewing goes XX
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

That's good news Maddy. good luck, and lets hope it suits your needs.

more van painting,more knackered and im poor (whats new)
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Finally got the old luton body off Boudica ready for the horsebox body which is awaiting sandblasting. Good job it was going to be a storeshed once off as it was bloody heavy and slipped off it's blocks after I'd driven the chassis cab from under it. A bit of a fiddle doing it as I'm keeping the body frame and the back of the chassis went up a good 4" once the weight was off.
    Not all who wander are lost

No pics yet wulfie?

Remembered this time.

Ex-rental van with FSH, not perfect but appears mechanically spot-on. The rails should give 9" of underfloor storage on top of side lockers.
    Last edited by Wulfie; 08-09--2017 at 10:13 PM.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Rick69

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    My day ...?

Rather fun actually. Getting ready to go to my friend and fiddle-playing colleague's 60th tonight while trying to pack for my long, long, exciting train journey to see FWF tomorrow, but I've been interrupted by the arrival of a couple of boxes of of goodies. One was a collection of promo merch and vinyl, cd and cassette versions celebrating all things Hippopotamus (which probably doesn't mean anything much to hippies, but excites me), but the other was just amazing and probably much more interesting.

When I was thirteen I pestered my mum and dad to let me see Tyrannosaurus Rex at the Royal Festival Hall. It was 1968 and the second time I had asked to go to a concert. My dad was curious to see what excited me so much about their music so we went to our first gig en famille (the previous year my mum took me to Wembley to see The Monkees). Supporting Marc Bolan and Steve Peregrine Took on the bill at The Royal Festival Hall were David Bowie, Stefan Grossman and Roy Harper. I was immediately smitten with Mr Harpers's uncompromising music and bought his album, "Come Out Fighting Ghengis Smith" during the following few days. I played it until I knew all the songs by heart. I saw him play many more times in the years that followed and bought most of his early albums before I entered my personal wilderness when I lost track of most my musical favourites. I managed to ruin that first purchase during a badly misjudged record cleaning operation and it has been unlistenable under a heavy layer of hiss and crackle ever since. I still have the record though. Over the decades I have periodically searched unsuccessfully for a replacement. I thought about it again recently and found COFGS available as a download purchase on royharper.com so I placed an order and received my download - I'd much rather make sure the artist gets the money than Amazon, iTunes or any streaming service (musicians among you will know that one has to sell shedloads of music to make even a few pence from the big companies). Whilst on the website I noticed that there was also a book on sale - a beautiful hardback containing most of the lyrics of his songs and lots of photographs. I couldn't really justify spending 40 on a copy, so I ordered one that was allegedly not in perfect condition at a much reduced price. I also sent a little message telling the distributor the story of my accidental introduction to Roy Harper's music in 1968 and some personal recollections about that particular show.

The book arrived today. I can't really find any faults that justify making it a "second", but on the title page was a personal message addressed to me by name from Roy Harper thanking me for buying the book and saying that it was "good to hear your memories"! Is it right that a 62 year-old geezer like me is as excited as my teenaged self would have been by a message from an artist whose work one admires? I find myself a bit emotional about this experience. A few things about the modern age really are amazing. Hats off to Harper indeed and a reminder to me that the simplest gestures can mean a lot.

Apologies if this message appears three or four times, but it will be because all the text disappears when I try to edit it and I may have copied and pasted it over itself!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, Levey, parrotandcrow, realnutter, rumpusmany, Uncle jhad

A
    that's nice and he personalised it
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

I went to view the house and it's beautiful
    It is a ground floor flat but who cares
    My living room is 12' x 9
    My bedroom is a little bit smaller but not by much
    So I can get a double bed in there
    The good thing I like about it is there is an external door between me and the rest of the world so there is an intercom system so I'm not opening my door directly onto the street because when you're blind you have to think more of security issues then you would do if you had sight
    The bus stop to get into town is right outside my block
    I'm five minutes walk walk away from Morrison's
    There is an all day near me and the lidl Plus Pets At Home is near me as well which could be dangerous lol
    The following users think this post is groovy: Levey, Lightbringer, ma bungo, marshlander, yazz

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by maddy harper
    I went to view the house and it's beautiful
    It is a ground floor flat but who cares
    My living room is 12' x 9
    My bedroom is a little bit smaller but not by much
    So I can get a double bed in there
    The good thing I like about it is there is an external door between me and the rest of the world so there is an intercom system so I'm not opening my door directly onto the street because when you're blind you have to think more of security issues then you would do if you had sight
    The bus stop to get into town is right outside my block
    I'm five minutes walk walk away from Morrison's
    There is an all day near me and the lidl Plus Pets At Home is near me as well which could be dangerous lol
    Good Luck Maddy
    james
    Last edited by hygge; 11-09--2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: smell checjker playin up

Job interview in just over an hour
    , very nervous, stomach going up and down like tower bridge. After that I am off to sauna and steam for a while.

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar

Originally Posted by rhythm
    , very nervous, stomach going up and down like tower bridge. After that I am off to sauna and steam for a while.
    Good luck. May it go well for you.

Good luck! You'll be fine!

Good Luck , hope everything turns out just the way you want
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee

managed to rearrange a job interview I missed on Friday because I couldn't find where the place I was supposed to be interviewed was (and couldn't ring the interviewer for directions as my phone has apparently stopped connecting calls). Picked up The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut which I'd started reading last week and got hopelessly, wonderfully lost in it and didn't put the book down for 2 and a half hours. Was in such a daze from the lovely prose that I absent mindedly went to page 501 of the Chatter Box and wondered why I didn't recognise any of the threads.

also hope your interview went well Rhythm
    do I dare disturb the universe?

Heavenly Creature
    well did not start to well got mugged by a dentist but then car passed mot no problems
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot, Uncle jhad

Watching Dickensian on Netflix, shame it was cancelled after one series.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Shroom, Sootyfoot

Watching Dickensian on Netflix, shame it was cancelled after one series.
    Yes I know! Proper pees me off when they do that.

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    I was sitting in the bus, looking at my kitchen and thinking I ought to tidy it up. The result is I have taken it all apart and am completely re-jigging it. I have a four ring gas hob lying around, so will replace the two ring one in the bus (probably) and am building a new unit to house it. It's all good fun.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, Lightbringer, ma bungo, Offgrid hero, Rick69, Sootyfoot