Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31

Thread: Tell us about your day

Blimmin Spent Most If Not All Of The Day Trying To Work Out How To Use This My New Mob Phone ...hahaha
    As Yep...It Be Not Hard To Be Guessing "I NOT TECHNO" in The Head hahahahahaha
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )))
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, Lightbringer, roddew

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by marshlander
    I had a weird and unsettling experience yesterday. Writing about will help me process it.

I stopped after a morning's work in a school to buy some fruit and veg from my nearest farm shop. The manager wanted to show me a photograph that he'd just had printed on to a canvas. Knowing I live on a narrowboat he thought I would be interested in his Broadland scene with an old boat sitting on the water. He had fixed the photograph high on a wall above a window in the tea room he runs next to the shop. Underneath the picture was a group of half-a-dozen or so women, sitting at tables and a-taking of the beverages and cakes on the menu; all looked to be of retirement age.

Him: What do you think?
    Me: I like that.
    Woman 1: You like it? I hate it.
    Me: What don't you like?
    Woman 1: (To me) It's horrible! (To the manager) Why did you drag this poor bloke in to see your horrible picture?
    Him: That's none of your business. It's my picture.
    Me: I live on a boat. I find boats interesting.
    Woman 1: Is it one of them narrowboats? Where are you moored?
    Me: Not far away.
    Woman 1: No, really. Where are you moored? What's your boat called?
    Me: I'm sorry, but that's like me asking you for your address and I wouldn't do that.
    Woman 1: I've seen you before, so you're not a stranger. I would love to see what it's like on your boat. Seriously, if you want to go away for a weekend me and her (points to friend) would love to come and stay on your boat to keep an eye on it. We'd pay. When can we come and see it?
    Me: (stunned into silence)
    Woman 2: How long is your boat? My husband and I sold our house and bought a boat to live on. We only lived on it for three years before he passed away.
    Me: Oh I am very sorry. That sounds really difficult.
    Woman 1: So when can we have a ride on your boat?
    Me: (looks around for the manager, who has disappeared) I'm sorry, I do have to go now. It was nice meeting you.
    Woman 1 (to my departing back):Up yours! (To her friends) Wasn't he so rude!

Wo
    Be BOTH Soooo Creepy Scarey And Soooo Rude And Mean Too Marshlander
    ((

That Must Of Been Sooo Not Cool And Sooo Not Nicely And Wriggly Uncomfortable For You And Kinda A Shock To Have That Happen Outta The Blues .((((Hugggs)))) .
    Form From The Void & Mists

feeling accomplished, at only my second event for a particular company i was today supervising a bar of my own...........feels good to be noticed again after feeling very inferior and crap since the events of 3 months or so ago. now, if they could only guarantee 30 + hours a week. i live in hope............

still, i don't think i'll ever go back to an office job again, so it's all good.
    The following users think this post is groovy: convoy, Danann, Lightbringer, nicklincs, roddew, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by groove
    feeling accomplished, at only my second event for a particular company i was today supervising a bar of my own...........feels good to be noticed again after feeling very inferior and crap since the events of 3 months or so ago. now, if they could only guarantee 30 + hours a week. i live in hope............

still, i don't think i'll ever go back to an office job again, so it's all good.
    Fabulous!

Musical hippy dreadhead maddy harper's Avatar
    I had an environmental health officer come to look at the house on Friday and he went off his head
    He is going to put a referral into adult social services and also get someone from the housing advice team to come out and look at this house to see if we can do an assessment to get me moved faster because we have to go down official channels because he is not qualified to see whether this house is suitable for everybody knows it's not
    Also the house of multiple occupants license and my landlords been banging on about is not valid because I'm the only person staying here and he's been breaking the law with regards to not giving me any notice when he wants to enter the property
    Also the fire extinguisher is that he has in this house I'm not longer in date so they will not work if the site was to go up either
    At least the ball is rolling now is taking its bloody time
    If there are any mistakes in my posts it's Apple dictation's fault
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, NomadicRT, roddew, Sootyfoot

I am going to go to pets at home with my support worker this afternoon to have a look to see what I can get for the pics to munch
    Will let you know what I get when I get back

Tuning In
    Today I went to my aunt's house, which is also where my mother lives, and I trimmed back a holly bush and a fuchsia plant thing so that a tradesman can gain easier ingress to the garage tomorrow in order for him to quote us for a new garage door that has been required for some time now.

While I was there, I was commandeered by my aunt for some further plant based shenanigans. She asked me to trim back some creeping ivy that was indeed creeping up the neighbour's garage wall although it grows from my aunt's garden. She was concerned that this ivy would grow "up and over", as she put it, the garage roof, potentially threatening the integrity of said roof. I was surprised to learn just how firmly ivy grips the surface of a building. As it was such a lovely hot day and I didn't have any weeding to do, I actually enjoyed my time in the garden today.

Definitely one for the memoirs.

I went to my grandsons sports day. Can't say it was very inspiring. Nobody is allowed to win, in case it upsets those who don't win. So instead, its bloody boring.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

My apologies to Harry. I went to the shop to get electric and bought twenty quids worth of spogs. Well not quite 20. More like 1. And with my own pennies. now I feel sick. But we do have electric. When I put it in. Oh heck. Time to quit adulting for today. I blame the job centre!

Sounds like 19 of spoggs and 1 of leccy...way to go..you dont need light to eat sweets😊 xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Uncle jhad

Driving me trains on Train Simulator, just finished a Bristol to Cardiff run. A quick food break and then a scenic run from Settle to Carlisle I think

But the pics some different types of hay from Pets At Home and cardboard tubes to play with