Thread: meniscus tear

meniscus tear

Hi,anyone else had this?its a horseshoe shaped piece of cartalidge in the knee,susceptible to tearing,which mine has.it clicks and pops and locks up,which is getting more regular..im under the care of the doc and awaiting an op...any feedback re success of said op,or managing the discomfort or minimalising the locking much appreciated,thanks xx

I think I had similar , the op is called debrading ? , general sleepies and tiny keyhole surgery to clean up the joint, minimal scars , painful for a while afterwards (but I did get into a bit of bother just after the op which did it ,along with 3 ribs and my skull no favours), but had no problem with it since then..

oops , its debridement , I was close and it was over 10 years ago , check it out ..

http://www.ortho.wustl.edu/content/P...bridement.aspx

Thanks,uj said was drink and a canal involved?lol xx

not that time , I was showing my 6 year old how to wheely a mini moto on a mates sizeable lawn , it was going well till i hit a mole hole or summit (read :excuse for losing balance due to inebreation) and went off the back , but my arse tried to follow through as my feet hit the floor either side tearing my right hubcap

Nearly posted this a couple of days ago. For some reason a few weeks ago I developed pain in my right knee and got sent to the hospital for xray. When called, got up off the chair and felt sharper pain and my knee locked until I sat down and massaged it upon which it went back to normal. Xray showed only normal wear and tear and possible arthritis. Got put on painkillers which I had 'upped' a week ago and I'm due for physio on Monday next.
    Last night in bed, turned over in my sleep and had serious pain in the knee and the feeling that something had popped back into place after which, no pain, I can straighten my leg fully which I couldn't do before but it's clicking.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Sounds like you ve got the beginings of this wulfie,might be worth mentioning at physio,as iv read that early diagnosis its possible to heal the tear with exercise/physio x

Hope so, it's something extra I could well do without

Iv been "practicing" van life after the op!ie trying to get in the van and most importantly,bed, 1 legged!its do-able,but could raise a few laughs xx

Heavenly Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbomama View Post
    Iv been "practicing" van life after the op!ie trying to get in the van and most importantly,bed, 1 legged!its do-able,but could raise a few laughs xx
    It has already
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, Sootyfoot

its day surgery , you will wlk out on crutches still off your face from the happy sleepy stuff , just remember 'good foot up , bad foot down ' when negotiating the steps :

Heavenly Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroom View Post
    its day surgery , you will wlk out on crutches still off your face from the happy sleepy stuff , just remember 'good foot up , bad foot down ' when negotiating the steps :
    Will I need to organise someone to go and collect her?

[QUOTE= you will wlk out on crutches still off your face from the happy sleepy stuff , :[/QUOTE]

Off my face???......in the daytime ?will make a nice change to the day😊

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle jhad View Post
    Will I need to organise someone to go and collect her?
    strange you should say that , I got collared staggering out unattended by my sister in law who happened to be a nurse working at the hospy it was done , she knew the missus would not be there to collect me for another few hours as arranged by the docs etc so calmly took me by the shoulder and led me back to the recovery ward , I nearly made it to the lifts, how far i would of got in a taxi wearing that surgical gown is another matter though
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot, Uncle jhad, Wulfie

Still holding good on my knee and wearing a neoprene leg strap / support. As long as I don't twist my foot sideways, which still hurts, it seems whatever has popped back into place is holding for now.

Mine tends to lock up,then i have to pop it back straight again if i bend it more than 90%.had a call this morn got an mri begining of april,so not long to wait x

I had the surgery to repair the meningal cartilage tear. They told me beforehand I would be 6 weeks non-weight-bearing afterwards. When the surgery was done, they said that I also had a torn ACL and needed a second surgery after the 6 weeks. Total time on crutches, about 4 months after the first surgery, and three months of intensive rehab.
    Now it's ten years later and no real problems - it aches a bit every now and then, but I can do just as much work on it as I always did before. However I vowed never to go skiing again or do the lotus position in my yoga.

Musical hippy dreadhead maddy harper's Avatar
    My knees regularly dislocate and I have to push them back in I don't know if this is got anything to do with this thread but I just thought I'd share it
    Fucking hurts as well
    If there are any mistakes in my posts it's Apple dictation's fault

Thanks stuoolong and maddy..i think it ll be 6 weeks recovery,gonna be fun,getting in and out of the van with 1 leg,but il get by..it aches today,and dont know if its the essential oil mix iv made up,and been using,or iv been more careful,but fingers xd its not locked for 2 days,aches more but no locking xx

Fleabay, 9 delivered and it's holding things in place at present. Took the ally hinges off as it was too tight to wear under my jeans.

Bloody hell il never lift that,im only little!il look like robocop,lol xx

Took the dogs for a 3 miler today through woodland, no problem apart from when I kicked Jnrs crap sideways off the path and the pain returned briefly. It's lightweight and comes in several sizes and without the hinge, which on hindsight I should have bought. Physio tomorrow so I'll get their opinion, but for now, no knee pain, slight ache but not pain.