Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No housing benefit for young people? Fight it!

lone wolf survivalist.
    I think housing benefit is a moot point if you cant find anywhere to rent or a landlord that will accept someone on jobseekers, no matter what age you are. most no all the adverts I see for rented property state "employed only".

It's not moot. It is annihilation.

Your generation did not stand for it.

Moot..My arse....It's capitalising, protectionism in action. It's the enslavers pushing and pushing for the sake of seeing how far they can further exploit and suspend disbelief....It's a pisstake.

How would things have gone for you if you hadn't received a council property to dwell in?

lone wolf survivalist.
    my generation didn't leave home until they got married and had somewhere to live.
    I didn't get housing benefit until 1980 when the 1st wife and I separated, I was in my mid 30s by then.
    if I hadn't of got a council place I would have had to rent privately, which I already was when I applied.
    Last edited by hagrid; 03-04--2017 at 02:15 PM.

My mothers friend bought her council house for twenty something thousand pounds and sold it last year for just under a half a million. How has that been good for anybody? (except her of course)

I could never get my head round right to buy, what was the sense?

The big thing about housing lists is that people should not be allowed to queue jump, first come first served
    Last edited by Bernie; 17-04--2017 at 08:34 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

"Moot"? Are you having a laugh? Are you deaf maybe? What planet have you been living on? Clearly not a near on homeless one.
    Moot?
    We must mix in very different circles
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by hagrid
    never understood why "thousands" of 18-21 years old need private rented housing, a few may be homeless but thousands?
    Oh how bloody privileged you must of been you little gob shite. You twisted little crap head you wind me right up.
    You are a twat haggie. You will ALWAYS be a twat haggie.
    Goodnight
    The following users think this post is groovy: zendaze

Life must have been hard for the previous generation with their:

• Abundance of social housing
    • Free university
    • Rent controls
    • One wage being able to support a whole family and pay the bills.
    • Unionised workplaces
    • Cheaper housing
    • Being able to buy their council house for dirt cheap, and then sell for a massive profit.
    • Jobs for life
    • Final salary pensions
    • Golden handshakes on retirement
    • Being able to retire at a decent age

Seems a lot of people in the previous generation got onto the prosperity ladder and then pulled it up, so the next generation could not have the same opportunities. Every opportunity the previous generation had, has been slowly taken away from future generations of people.

And why a few & not a thousand haggie? Where the bloody hell is your logic behind that?
    I can't argue with stupid... I need my kip

Hope you are well haggie
    love you loads. Missed you. It's nice to know we can debate these things sensibly now we are older & wiser x

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lassie
    And why a few & not a thousand haggie? Where the bloody hell is your logic behind that?
    I can't argue with stupid... I need my kip

Hope you are well haggie
    love you loads. Missed you. It's nice to know we can debate these things sensibly now we are older & wiser x
    Bye Roamer.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, Miss_bee, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Paul
    Bye Roamer.

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Sootyfoot

lone wolf survivalist.

Originally Posted by Lassie
    Oh how bloody privileged you must of been you little gob shite. You twisted little crap head you wind me right up.
    You are a twat haggie. You will ALWAYS be a twat haggie.
    Goodnight
    I don't bother arguing with abusers, it just not worth my time.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Originally Posted by Paul
    Bye Roamer.
    FFS is that woman ever going to give up????
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by rhythm
    Life must have been hard for the previous generation with their:

• Abundance of social housing
    • Free university
    • Rent controls
    • One wage being able to support a whole family and pay the bills.
    • Unionised workplaces
    • Cheaper housing
    • Being able to buy their council house for dirt cheap, and then sell for a massive profit.
    • Jobs for life
    • Final salary pensions
    • Golden handshakes on retirement
    • Being able to retire at a decent age

Seems a lot of people in the previous generation got onto the prosperity ladder and then pulled it up, so the next generation could not have the same opportunities. Every opportunity the previous generation had, has been slowly taken away from future generations of people.
    That is all absolutely true, where did it all go wrong ?? back in the day I knew a girl who was a dental nurse and bought her own house in Manchester on her own. And the same year she bought it I met her on a Greek Island on holiday. So she wasn't even cleaned out buying the house.

None of that would happen today.

I bought a house on my own at age 26 in North London despite having a pretty rubbish job really. Today it is worth well over half a million (i'm not! by the way) I sold it two years later and made ten grand, thought I was in the big time.

Should have kept it, rental value alone would have paid for it twenty times over and would now be a mega pension for me to live on

My mate Colin was a trackside electrician for London Underground. When he died last year of cancer I was involved in sorting out some of his estate, selling his bikes, he had dozens, Harleys, Triumphs, bantams etc

I was shocked to learn his pension was over 40k a year! yet if you saw him you would have thought he didn't have a pot to piss in.
    Last edited by Bernie; 24-04--2017 at 09:59 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: rhythm

Originally Posted by Bernie
    That is all absolutely true, where did it all go wrong ?? back in the day I knew a girl who was a dental nurse and bought her own house in Manchester on her own. And the same year she bought it I met her on a Greek Island on holiday. So she wasn't even cleaned out buying the house.

None of that would happen today.

I bought a house on my own at age 26 in North London despite having a pretty rubbish job really. Today it is worth well over half a million (i'm not! by the way) I sold it two years later and made ten grand, thought I was in the big time.

Should have kept it, rental value alone would have paid for it twenty times over and would now be a mega pension for me to live on

My mate Colin was a trackside electrician for London Underground. When he died last year of cancer I was involved in sorting out some of his estate, selling his bikes, he had dozens, Harleys, Triumphs, bantams etc

I was shocked to learn his pension was over 40k a year! yet if you saw him you would have thought he didn't have a pot to piss in.
    The more annoying thing is a lot of folk in the previous generation will often complain and put down the younger generations for wanting the same opportunities that previous generations had. It is such selfishness to have had all those opportunities for prosperity, and then deny future generations the same opportunities.

lone wolf survivalist.
    I don't think this country has ever had 100% employment, not including the 2 world wars, since about the middle ages.

I don't think this country has ever had 100% employment, not including the 2 world wars, since about the middle ages.
    Did we not have that in the 50s and 60s, was that not the reason why people came from across the commonwealth to work in Britain because there were too many jobs and not enough folk to fill them.

lone wolf survivalist.
    it might have seemed that way, if someone wanted to work then there were plenty of jobs out there, you could walk out of a job on a Friday evening and get a new job on Monday morning, but I think there has always been people who were just unemployable, more so now than then.

it might have seemed that way, if someone wanted to work then there were plenty of jobs out there, you could walk out of a job on a Friday evening and get a new job on Monday morning, but I think there has always been people who were just unemployable, more so now than then.
    My Grandad used to do it, he had many jobs, he could always just walk into another one, it was easy to get work. There are a lot of unemployable people now due to lack of training available, there being a lack of jobs and have you seen the shite some companies try to pass off as apprenticeships these days.

lone wolf survivalist.
    there are a lot of people out there that just wont work, dosent matter what the job is, "work is for idiots" sort of attitude, why work when you can sit at home on benefits, I have known households that had 3 generations and none of them had ever worked, some of the worst areas of Plymouth.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

I have known households that had 3 generations and none of them had ever worked
    That was like a tabloid headline a year back about there being cases of 3 generations of family not having worked, I can not imagine there would actually be that many families in that situation.

lone wolf survivalist.

Originally Posted by rhythm
    That was like a tabloid headline a year back about there being cases of 3 generations of family not having worked, I can not imagine there would actually be that many families in that situation.
    oh I have seen plenty like that, some of the rougher areas of Plymouth.
    sure they were making money but not on anything they could legally declare!!

Urgh.......so ungroovy. ....for so many reasons.......why would anyone bother to protest against such superior daily mail logic

What's your provenance Hagrid?

I don't know of many people who embrace being born into a housing estate or would face the challenges of suburbia in an idealistic world but they do continue to see the preference for a more peaceful existence denied.

Give a lover of life a bit of land and the ability to interact socially at whim and you have the beginnings of a solution.

Create ugly situations and you will get ugliness.....

Most are shat on in order to favour a very small percentage of the world's population who get to realise a simple life of dipping in and out of social drama and exclusive peace and quiet when they choose.

Learned behaviours and survival techniques when confronted with population density are just that.
    Last edited by zendaze; 28-04--2017 at 01:12 AM.

lone wolf survivalist.

Originally Posted by zendaze
    What's your provenance Hagrid?

I don't know of many people who embrace being born into a housing estate or would face the challenges of suburbia in an idealistic world but they do continue to see the preference for a more peaceful existence denied.

Give a lover of life a bit of land and the ability to interact socially at whim and you have the beginnings of a solution.

Create ugly situations and you will get ugliness.....

Most are shat on in order to favour a very small percentage of the world's population who get to realise a simple life of dipping in and out of social drama and exclusive peace and quiet when they choose.

Learned behaviours and survival techniques when confronted with population density are just that.
    you lost me there, not sure what your trying to say.
    someone brought up on a run down housing estate probably wont know any different, is hardly likely to know anything about nature or growing stuff and will probably perpetuate the squalidness in their own life, I have seen it myself and it just seems to carry on down the generations.