THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Fuuuuse Box

Fuuuuse Box

Hi

I'm thinking of getting this thing

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've just bought a Voltage sensing split charge relay kit. Durite one. Looks good. I've also bought a heavy duty Liesure battery and a set of LED strip lights and a couple of LED spot lights. Thats 3 things to fuse up already. Sick of working in the dark and with crappy torches.

These should all arrive next week

So I'm wondering if this fuse box will do the job for now and in the future.

Other than the LED's... eventually there will be a few USB ports.... not sure what else I'll be having for now.

I notice it says max 100amp for this fuse box. Is that more than enough for my needs?

I'm new to the electrics.. so a bit wary

Advice very welcome

Thanks

Looks like a start,use search engines and try to ask the right questions,asking for forums and sites relating to what you are trying to do,

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best of luck.

Its the same one i used tom iirc, maybe a different seller. Its a common supply so only one connection to the battery.

One thing to be aware of, as you have leds to indicate blown fuses your led lights will still work although dimmer with either no fuse or a blown fuse in the holder. This is because the led to indicate a fault earths through whatever load is on the circuit, and they drawcenough poower to light other leds.

Originally Posted by Mot
    Hi

I'm thinking of getting this thing

I've just bought a Voltage sensing split charge relay kit. Durite one. Looks good. I've also bought a heavy duty Liesure battery and a set of LED strip lights and a couple of LED spot lights. Thats 3 things to fuse up already. Sick of working in the dark and with crappy torches
    That will do the job. 100amp is more than you are requiring for now even with the added USB's later. I bought 2 x same fuse boxes off of the carboot. Same style really good quality. Salvaged from the commercial motorvehicle trade by the looks of them. I paid 50p for each unit. I can't recommend enough several visits to carboot sales (big carboot sales) for anyone wanting to upgrade or convert a vehicle.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Mot

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    I bought 2 x same fuse boxes off of the carboot. Same style really good quality.
    I'm at the point of working out how to wire it all up. I have a few things to get though first.

This may be a very basic thing to not be getting. It appears that the fuse box only takes in one cable. Then after each fuse one cable out. I am assuming this is the positive wires from the battery to the box... and then possitive formt he fuse box to the appliance. With the battery being earthed... and the appliance being earthed to the chasis. But then, there is no circuit being formed. So a bit confused.

The earth is the other side of the circuit. Just using the vehicle metal body instead of continuous copper wire in the gaps.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

Or you could run all your earths back to the battery if you wished. This is what i did purely to eliminate any potential problems in the future, there is no requirement to do so.