Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New laws on smoking!

New laws on smoking!

I gave up over a year ago.Really enjoyed a smoke (used to smoke approx 20 cigs per week)and still sometimes get cravings.At the time I was smoking,a pack would cost me 6.30p.Looks like they're going up!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero

lone wolf survivalist.
    about time, filthy habit, I can smell a smoker by his clothes for miles.

lone wolf survivalist.
    step daughter husband has started smoking, again, his 16 year old son told him "dad you stink!!"
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ex smoker here, been off them for over 5 years now, but used to smoke 20 - 30 a day. How much is 20 Marlboro now?

The trouble is, you think you have time.

Originally Posted by Petew
    Ex smoker here, been off them for over 5 years now, but used to smoke 20 - 30 a day. How much is 20 Marlboro now?
    doubt if you will get change out of a tenner .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Main reason I quit, price

The trouble is, you think you have time.

The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

Originally Posted by hagrid
    about time, filthy habit, I can smell a smoker by his clothes for miles.
    Have you ever smoked Hagrid?

Heavenly Creature
    I love having a smoke, so there! And it protects your lungs from chemtrails that addle the brain
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, julianthegypsy, NomadicRT

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    I too enjoy that filthy habit and if anyone dont like that, TOUGH

I had a real craving for a smoke on Friday,nearly brought a pack but refrained.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Petew, Uncle jhad

Originally Posted by Cobra
    I had a real craving for a smoke on Friday,nearly brought a pack but refrained.

Yep that was me on Friday!lol On a more serious note....After a couple of weeks giving up,I started thinking about the actual motion of smoking.For me it was'nt so much the nicotine hit,it was more like I was breathing deeper (to inhale).So I decided that every time I had a craving,I would just focus on my deep breathing and it worked!So thats what I did on Friday,and luckily it worked.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz, wandering gypsy

Heavenly Creature
    Can't handle a flashing-house any more, but still love a cool and gentle pipe. On the beach in Ibiza many moons ago, we were making pipes out of fruit and vegetables, it was amazing, and a giggle beyond the giggles. Apparently two of the local constabulary had been watching us all afternoon, and they were in hysterics too.

The best was smoking through an onion, so cool and refreshing. Go on , make yourself a wee pipe out of an onion right now, you'll be amazed
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz, Cobra, NomadicRT

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    OH ERR, deep breathing = lucky husband
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Uncle jhad

I always enjoyed smoking. I was finding society anti smoking and this was impacting on my enjoyment. First it was public transport, but that really didn't effect me as I had my own vehicles, the pub was a big deal. Having to go outside for a fag in all weathers! It was easier to roll a spliff and go outside with a couple of mates and share a few spliffs. I was lucky in that I was often in Spain and it didn't come in in Spain for several years after. Work/office environment was also stupid. Downtime cost to the business and corporate image of 4or 5 staff members stood outside the main entrance smoking. I never paid duty in tens of years so importing my own tobacco ment it was never about cost. What was playing heavy on my mind was when my dad was alive at 52 years of age, I would take him ferreting in my lorry. He was buggered for walking for more than half hour & there's no way I would wish to be out of breath, when I got to a time of life I should really be enjoying my free time. So it was more luck than judgement when I finally stopped smoking cigarettes. The UK government were making too much in Tax for smoking to be affordable. Spain took a dive with no smoking in bars and the cost of duty free tobacco gradually increased. 4 years now since I stopped. It's just about long enough for the craving to be none existent. If your a occasional smoker it can be managed,no two people are the same.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Petew

pot is better when not polluted with this noxious, toxic rubbish called tobacco.
    but each to their own
    Last edited by likahamadoolihan; 19-03--2017 at 09:34 PM.

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by likahamadoolihan
    pot is better when not polluted with this noxious, toxic rubbish called tobacco.
    but each to their own
    Agreed!!! Is pot cheap in your caliphate? Can we work out an import deal

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone tried the onion-pipe yet?

not allowed in caliphate but all good bacon eating jihadi's knowing bloody plants grow in dirt/ stuff and tings

not tried onion pipe , but carrot chilum in the past
    The following users think this post is groovy: stinkypete1

I started using an ecig and was doing really well until the 6 week school holidays last year!

Heavenly Creature
    Weeds will grow where they will grow, thankfully, and not all jihad involves filthy meat
    The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, likahamadoolihan, stinkypete1

just get a bit higher without tobacco, and then eat more rubbish as the starvation kicks in.

I'm a smoker. Gave up for two years, put on two stone, then went back to smoking. Bloody fool woman!

lone wolf survivalist.
    I was a smoker for 40 odd years, packeted cigarettes, rollies and a pipe, gave it up on grounds of cost over 20 years ago, but within a week of giving up my health got much better and I could breath easier and whats more my clothes stopped stinking.

my daughter bought me a kix ecig theyre amazing but i still enjoy a night time spliff
    The following users think this post is groovy: stinkypete1