THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New laws on smoking!

Sex
    Male

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Angio
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my daughter bought me a kix ecig theyre amazing but i still enjoy a night time spliff

you do know it possible to make herb extract vaping juice ? . google is your friend

Sex
    Male
    I quit over 5 years ago using a nicorette mist thing.

Yes, i could spark one up right now, but after 5 years of not using the things there is no way i would ever go back to them.

I went to rollies in the end and was still spending money buy the bucket load.

Now, my wallet is better, my health is one hell of a lot better, and i can really taste decent whiskey, beer and food.

If you want to smoke, do so, no one can tell you to quit apart from yourself.
    The trouble is, you think you have time.

The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Cobra

Sex
    Male
    And not forgetting you can buy the dry herb vape too

Originally Posted by Shroom
    you do know it possible to make herb extract vaping juice ? . google is your friend

I gave up cigs 17 years ago and dont miss them.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 20-03--2017 at 11:11 AM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Shroom

im well pleased to hear that shroom

Sex
    Female
    Someone told me last week when you buy a pack of cigs now,they are all wrapped in black plastic?Is that true?
    I brought a nice e cig kit (Two e cigs,plug in charger which the cigs are kept in,and 4 filter thingys)for £2 at Superdrug before I gave up.It was ok,but in the end I went cold turkey.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Petew

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    In the shop the other day, I asked if I could swap my black-packet of "damages teeth and penises" for a packet of "harms my unborn child", I don't think the lady behind the counter appreciated my weirdo

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Cobra
    Someone told me last week when you buy a pack of cigs now,they are all wrapped in black plastic?Is that true?
    I brought a nice e cig kit (Two e cigs,plug in charger which the cigs are kept in,and 4 filter thingys)for £2 at Superdrug before I gave up.It was ok,but in the end I went cold turkey.
    I was in Tesco last week. It's true all the cigarette packets are black-ish with pictures of unhealthy body parts on them..... Except Blue pouches of OLD Holborn which remarkably looked just the same as it ever did. Is there some exception for some rolling tobacco?
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    I was in Tesco last week. It's true all the cigarette packets are black-ish with pictures of unhealthy body parts on them..... Except Blue pouches of OLD Holborn which remarkably looked just the same as it ever did. Is there some exception for some rolling tobacco?
    No hope for any one smoking Old Heartburn , they are exempt !

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    No hope for any one smoking Old Heartburn , they are exempt !
    Old Holborn smells lovely though

The trouble is, you think you have time.

The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy, NomadicRT, patchypete

Sex
    Male
    Only one of two cig baccy's i smoked Old Holborn or Drum..plus had to be liqourice papers..........Golden Vagina was vile

Sex
    Male
    Anyone else smoke French cigs regularly ?
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    Anyone else smoke French cigs regularly ?
    I am partial to a Beedi , but not had one for 8 years
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Sex
    Male
    It's been ten years since my last rollie..
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    I am partial to a Beedi , but not had one for 8 years
    I used to love Gauloises and Camel...i used to get given a lot of Russian cigs to in exchange for BnH or Marlboro ...wasnt a good deal for my part

Keep Calm & Wear a Tutu Jeni Treehugger's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I gave up smoking tobacco on the 1st March, been a smoker nearly 30 years, never given up before.
    Did really well for 2 weeks then went out and had a few "roll ups" but I'm not counting those

I'm currently on day 23 and it's going really well.
    I've been buying Nicorette sweets which I will take as soon as I start thinking about a roll up.
    Each sweet contains 2mg of nicotin and they really help with the craving, I'm not even having a whole one some days!
    But I also have been using these essential oil thingies that you hold and inhale like a cigarette but they are completely natural, no nicotin/chemicals. They cool your lungs when inhaled, like a mild Vicks vapour rub, and I go outside to use it as well, just like I would if I were having a fag.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Petew

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Petew
    Old Holborn smells lovely though
    i used to smoke it and every time i opened a new pack a non smoking colleague would grab the pack and sniff it , first time he challanged me to name the smell , I struggled until he prompted me ' prunes'
    The following users think this post is groovy: Petew

Dirty Uncle Bertie... julianthegypsy's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    I smoke rollies, but if there are any gauloise going I'd kill for one, preferably untipped. Years ago, as an occasional treat, I'd buy a pack of Capstan Full Strength. Bloody lovely, but banned now I believe, as when they introduced the tar categories they went Low tar, medium tar, high tar, capstan full strength. I smoked Marlboro for years but gave them up when I returned to UK due to the ludicrous prices. I was paying 30p a packet in Indonesia!
    Yawn I'm so tired with this big bag of coal on my head...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, NomadicRT, patchypete

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    I refuse to give up, am being considerate of others here cos i,m like a bear with a sore head without my nicotine hit, even I dont like me then and after fifty odd years of smoking, my systems run on nicotine and rum
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz, julianthegypsy, Levey, patchypete

Sex
    Male
    I have just come back from Paris - Montmartre district, they have a more relaxed view on smoking, whilst out there I bought a couple of packets of small cigars , enjoyed the Café culture in full , now back home I am using the Vap on occasions , but I bloody miss smoking, it's the only thing I ever done well
    I could roll a smoke anywhere in any conditions .... For those that do or don't it's a lifestyle choice, we are not ignorant of it's use , just don't understand why we get so hung up over it

Sex
    Female
    Happy days , Golden Virginia was shit though . I started smoking by nicking Players Navy Cut and Capstan full strength off my dad . Gold flake and if I was skint 5 Park Drive untipped.
    Rollies were best , I could make em really thin if I wanted. Gauloise hand rolling tobacco was a favourite . Black bell shag . Liquorice papers .

I gave up about 29 years ago but I still miss it .

Sex
    Female
    If someone could tell me now that I'd not get some horrible lung disease then I'd start smoking rollies again in a heartbeat. I'd rather smoke than drink again actually.

I will huff and I will puff and I will smoke your house out
    I do most of my own stunts because the stunt guys show me how.

Tuning In
    Sex
    Male
    I like and enjoy a rollie, tailor mades are bloody awful and its them that stink and have a lot worse added chemicals, even being a smoker, if I smell tailor mades being smoked or on someone, the smell make me feel sick. I dont drink at all, I feel regular alcohol does more harm over a number of years. giving up rollies would make me want to go live in a monastry. I would and could give up if I lived with a partner, my will power on my own is pants for these, its a little bit of joy and pleasure. driving long journeys would be the hardest part about giving up. I tiny bit of me feels maybe i ought to give it a go, by heck, there's a lot worse things I could be into but am not.

Even folk who live like complete saints and have never drunk or smoked or done drugs die of horrible diseases. Eating shit junk food which I dont does a lot of harm long term.

Sex
    Female
    The thing is with smoking too,which I've noticed,is at work.When I used to smoke (outside)there were a group of us smokers who would have really good convo's during breaks,and a bloody good laugh.Now as a non smoker,I have my breaks inside the canteen,and NO ONE talks!All too busy checking their damn phones etc.Boring as!Same with pubs.Always an interesting chat outside!