THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Anyone watched Easy Rider?

Anyone watched Easy Rider?

I just watched Easy Rider and I think it was really interesting and some people say it captured the 60s do you agree with this and what did you think of the movie?

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    It probably captured something of the 60's in the States. We didn't see very much like that over here; probably just as well, getting gunned by some dude in a truck at that age ain't the best way to go!

Great film, though. I went and got myself a pair of metal gold-rimmed glasses right after watching that movie, like many another young berk. Yes sir, those were the days
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by oldkeith
    It probably captured something of the 60's in the States. We didn't see very much like that over here; probably just as well, getting gunned by some dude in a truck at that age ain't the best way to go!

Great film, though. I went and got myself a pair of metal gold-rimmed glasses right after watching that movie, like many another young berk. Yes sir, those were the days
    Was it boring in the UK?

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Is there anyone who HASN'T seen easy rider?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, julianthegypsy

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by 1968
    Was it boring in the UK?
    Not at all. It was different.

P.S. Loved the film and saw it a few times, even when I was too young to get into the cinema.
    Last edited by marshlander; 20-03--2017 at 08:30 AM.

Sex
    Male
    The amount of chopped machines increased after that on UK roads, before it was the ton up machines. Been there done that in 71.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    saw the matinee way back in 69, been making and riding chops ever since
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, julianthegypsy

lone wolf survivalist.
    Sex
    Male
    I haven't seen that film for years.
    " Does not suffer fools gladly!"

Originally Posted by marshlander
    Not at all. It was different.

P.S. Loved the film and saw it a few times, even when I was too young to get into the cinema.
    In what way?

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    In the US of A you had Harley Davidsons hogs , here we had Rayleigh Choppers.
    The following users think this post is groovy: FriedOnion, julianthegypsy

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    I guess the scene here was a bit muted by comparison with some of the movies we saw from the States. We had our Mods & Rockers seaside brawls in the first half of the 60's, but this wasn't everybody's best way to spend a summer weekend. I had mates in both camps, so a bit difficult at times.

The huge size of the States, the long open roads and vast countryside, and the overwhelming sense of freedom that gave, suited film-making a whole lot better than over here, chugging back through Watford on a drizzly Sunday afternoon on a one-cylinder bike.

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    Sex
    Male

In what way?
    We weren't at war in Vietnam and conscription had finished here. I think that made for many differences. For me it was all about the music. British music sounded different and our musicians often looked different. I think we also had more inclination to mix up genres and experiment, but that may be down to me not knowing enough about music from other places. We thought we were cool and groovy and nearly believed it while hanging on to the day job or staying on at school. Everything was ... "incredible" ... certainly not boring!

Turning On
    Sex
    Male

I just watched Easy Rider and I think it was really interesting and some people say it captured the 60s do you agree with this and what did you think of the movie?
    I saw it when it first came out. It made me the hippy I am today.

Originally Posted by marshlander
    We weren't at war in Vietnam and conscription had finished here. I think that made for many differences. For me it was all about the music. British music sounded different and our musicians often looked different. I think we also had more inclination to mix up genres and experiment, but that may be down to me not knowing enough about music from other places. We thought we were cool and groovy and nearly believed it while hanging on to the day job or staying on at school. Everything was ... "incredible" ... certainly not boring!
    So do you think the 70s 80s and 80s were fun in their own way.

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Paul
    Is there anyone who HASN'T seen easy rider?
    I haven't, and I've been riding bikes for 36 years......
    Smile - It'll make them nervous.

Dirty Uncle Bertie... julianthegypsy's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    *Gasps* at Colin M. Great soundtrack, and some nice hogs!
    Yawn I'm so tired with this big bag of coal on my head...

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    captain america fondas bike was built by some inner city type school was about 7 built but some were nicked now loads of people say they have the original they gave one to that haggerty bloke big lad with big beard there was some thing missing of captain america did you spot it