THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Advice on how to grow my hair out.

Advice on how to grow my hair out.

So I've been growing my hair since August and I condition my hair every three days but I wanted to know is there anything I can do to get my hair to grow faster? (So far 3/4 of my neck is covered is that good progress?)

Sex
    Male
    No it's crap progress. What you doing cutting it in the first place? just make sure you have a balanced diet and stop trying to cheat becoming a hippy. Get your hands dirty and your mind messed up like the rest of us. Brushing it will help though and don't have it cut.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, NomadicRT, Sarah

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Brushing won't help if you want credlocks
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, NomadicRT

Sex
    Male

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by ma bungo
    Brushing won't help if you want credlocks
    You have just reminded me I need to de twig my beard this week, I'm off to a HA's funeral on Friday an old friend of freeclouds. (aka akasha) the guy was responsible for my chin dread. RIP Nory
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo, marshlander

The truth is out there NomadicRT's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    I dont cut mine once im growing it.Occasionally ive gone mad in hot summer and shaved it all off but not happened often -we dont have that many...Just wash it with organic soap and comb and use coconut oil.Ive just bought neat henna hair oil for it.I dont ever use the common chemistry sets they call shampoo and conditioner found in supermarkets.If you wash it too often it strips the natural oils.
    Look on ebay for henna hair oil not coloured (unless you want it) by Khadi,Hemani or Dabur Vatika
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 21-03--2017 at 12:27 AM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: jedirabbit

Sex
    Female
    When I had my dreads in, root rubbing made mine grow like fuck!

Sex
    Male
    I was informed Tea-Tree oil is the way forward

Sex
    Female
    I think your hair grows quicker if you are cold ?

Sex
    Male
    It grows faster if you don't stress it or constantly damage it. But another way to make it feel longer is to get your ears raised or your legs shortened.

Sex
    Female
    Or you could shave your eyebrows off and draw them back on higher up ?
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, FriedOnion

So guys my hair has covered 3/4 of my neck since I started growing it since August is that good progress

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by 1968
    So guys my hair has covered 3/4 of my neck since I started growing it since August is that good progress
    How longs a bit of string ? Are you ashamed of your neck ?I would investigate polo neck jumpers
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, Rick69

The truth is out there NomadicRT's Avatar
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by 1968

The rate or speed of hair growth is about 1.25 centimetres or 0.5 inches per month, or about 15 centimetres or 6 inches per year in Caucasian(white) humans...its slower in non caucasians
    Therefore in theory your hair thats now 3/4 of your neck should have reached your shoulder height line by next AugustYou cant make it grow faster and each individual hair goes into 4 month non growth period during its growth cycle.
    Worry and anxiety are not good for hair so stop worrying about how fast its growing.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Sex
    Male
    Have you tried this

- - - Updated - - -

OOps wrong thread
    I do most of my own stunts because the stunt guys show me how.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Wulfie

Sex
    Female
    Keep a bowl of water beside your bed at night as it encourages your hair to want a drink thus stretching towards it.

Then when it stretches slowly towards the water, jump up and quickly tie it in a knot so it can't go back into your head!

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    how to stop it growing ? mines down past my shoulders in 18 months from a crew cut, and i hate my hair being cut

Sex
    Female
    Patience!Thats my advice

Originally Posted by Cobra
    Patience!Thats my advice
    So true what encourages me is seeing the difference and when people said it's grown like I came home and my tutor was there and she dint recognise me because of my hair and the last time she saw me was in august when I had a shaved head!