Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Labia stretching

Isnt clitoral cutting a cultural practice prevalent inAfrica primarily?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Bernie
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    If you read the Karma Sutra which was written in Northern India around 1500 years, they were then very aware of the importance of female sexual pleasure and very attentive to the woman's needs.

The book also indicates an awareness of women's rights and a degree of self determination

So how did it all change? Much of the world has regressed

Originally Posted by cricket
    Isnt clitoral cutting a cultural practice prevalent inAfrica primarily?
    Parts of Africa definitely but its basically a Muslim practice which I suspect the authorities in this country are wary of tackling it head on.
    Families and indeed communities close ranks

Originally Posted by Bernie
    Parts of Africa definitely but its basically a Muslim practice which I suspect the authorities in this country are wary of tackling it head on.
    Families and indeed communities close ranks
    I believe that if you check it out, you will discover that FGM practices pre-date the arrival of Islam.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    I googles honour lkilling just so I was clear about your question. It's wrong in my mind. It goes against everything I being a parent myself fears and try to prevent tirelessly any harm happening to my children, accidental or deliberate. Im not from a culture that practices it, so my views are going to be totally against it from the off.
    I'm not in agreement with forced circumcision (unless on medical grounds) binding of feet, tattooing minors, even ear piercing of very young children. <SNIPPED>We don't have to look far to find things we don't understand, can't explain but we do try to force our opinions on others. Right or wrongly we as individuals can and do make rules up that go no further than our physical borders. Our rulings and judgements are not worldwide. Education is nothing new and neither are customs.

Its ilegal to take a life in our culture for any reason. In the UK abortion is legal, some probably view abortion and how we deal with unwanted pregnancies, with the same reverence we do the act of Honour killings. But we don't nail up the windows or paint a Red Cross on the persons door either.
    Mixing up all sorts of animal examples only muddies the waters and so I've been cheeky and deleted them from my quote of your post.

To clear up the obfuscations, it is not "illegal to take life in our culture for any reason". Western cultures still execute people in places like prison and on the streets too - either sanctioned or preventative. The abortion debate rages around the definition of life. Your examples of "forced [I think you might be implying male?] circumcision (unless on medical grounds) binding of feet, tattooing minors, even ear piercing of very young children" are hardly matters of life and death.

The focus of my statement about Honour killing is that it is the deliberate decision by family members to kill any female who has been found to have brought the family's good name into disrepute. Custom it may be but it is illegal, even in the countries that are soft on those accused of the crime.

FGM on children is often a matter of life or death as the cutting in particular is prone to sepsis which for those who live a long way from medical facilities is a real threat to life. Stretching is less prone to sepsis but it does happen. All of this leaves out the psychological "scars".

FGM is also a bit of an iceberg because although many examples are seen, there is no clear visibility of the unseen. By this, I am talking about the numbers of children taken to their homeland for a visit, where they are "dealt with" in the customary manner. Many then return from their visit but unknown numbers do not because they have died as a result of those customs.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
    I believe that if you check it out, you will discover that FGM practices pre-date the arrival of Islam.
    Oh yes that's quite right, it goes back to ancient times and has been practiced by various communities. Today however the FGM map roughly overlays the areas where Islam has an influence. However, especially in Africa it is not only practiced by members of the Islamic faith, it also happens in tribal areas.

It is not a religious practice nor is it required by religious texts, unlike the circumcision of boys.

I do believe that the people who subscribe to this butchery genuinely believe themselves they do it for the best of reasons. That makes it harder for the authorities to deal with, and why they shy away from tackling it.
    Last edited by Bernie; 16-04--2017 at 10:07 AM.

Well The Good News Is Even Though This Be A Very Sad Cruel Thing Done To Innocent Children Who Have No Choices Is That ..
    Our Schools In UK And Sadly I Am Be Speaking About
    Infant/Primary (Poor Babies).
    That The Authorities And School Education Are Aware And Doing Something About This Terrible Abuse Of Such Young Children Culture Or Not As This In Most Cases Is Done In A Cruel Barbaric Way ..Even Though I Come From And Am Of Tribal ..We Would Never Be Doing This Or Any Tribal Belief In Such Cruel Barbaric Ways
    (.
    So The Reasons Why I Say Schools And Authorities Are Aware And Are Trying To Both Stop And Educate That This Is NOT Acceptable In Anyway Despite Beliefs Is Because Only Just Recently All Teachers And Teachers Assistants Etc Have Been And Are Being Sent On Courses To Be Teached And Learned About This And How To Spot And Look For Signs Symptoms And To Spot Etc Of This Cruel Barbaric Thing Being Done To Such Young Innocent Defenceless Children ....And If Found A Child To Be Suspected Of Having Suffered This Then Both The Authorities And School Etc Take Action Immediately And The Parents Are Taken Action Against Of Severe Sexual Abuse.. And The Child Is Placed In Safety And Given The Right Proper Medical Care Both Mentally And Physically They Need.. So That Be Something Very Good To Come Out Of Something Being Soooo Cruel Evil And Uggly .
    Form From The Void & Mists