THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Genital Warts

Genital Warts

No I don't have them, I've never even seen them in real life and for ten years I would shower in a communal Colliery (pit head baths) showers with 1200 other miners over those years. I've never seen them on any woman I've been intimate with either.

The reason for this thread is I've got radio 4 on and the subject of genital warts was being discussed. A spokes person for the NHS said, "it costs the NHS 52 million a year to treat patients who have genital warts."

How common are these genital warts and have any of you ever said NO to a person who had them? or gone ahead and used a condom?

Anyone else got any upto date costs for 'other' NHS STI/D treatments?
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

I've never heard of them,so just googled it!It appears that it can take months or years to develope after you've been infected?Seems going by the NHS,they are pretty common too!
    http://www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/...FUQcGwodds0Lug
    If they can take years to develope,then how would you know you've had sex with someone who's already got the virus?(If they're not visible on that person?
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland

I think I read somewhere that in people over 30 odd warts are rife!

I work with people who have the charisma of a genital wart, does that count?

The trouble is, you think you have time.

The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Cobra, julianthegypsy, parrotandcrow

I checked out that link cobra. Sounds like you would be hard to notice them an a female in some cases.
    Something else to add to my chat up interview list after "any club foot in your family" I was very lucky in my late teens to 20. I was exposed to lots of free love at festivals and never had time to talk to any of them, not even their names. I was in a long term relationship at 20 that lasted until 42. It's got to be a numbers game going by statistics.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    yup had them in my twenties stopped my playing for a couple of months as i recall was treated with a piece of meat which was then buried not had since and that was over 40 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_bee View Post
    I think I read somewhere that in people over 30 odd warts are rife!
    Just having abit of giggle Miss_bee,did you forget to insert a comma in your post?lol
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, parrotandcrow

Never seen one but herpes, yes, loads about and once you've got it........
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    Just having abit of giggle Miss_bee,did you forget to insert a comma in your post?lol
    Oh, I just read it back and saw what you mean! Lol!! I'm having a bit of a strange day. Odd warts!

Never had them, but yes I decided not to meet up with a woman many years ago after a mutual friend made me aware that a mate of his had got genital warts from her some 12 months before, he explained that his mate had been treated and informed the girl so presumably she too had, but I decided not to take the chance.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.

I had a chat with a woman who was wanting more from me than I was really interested in. She had previously told me that her ex- husband had Hep C. She also mentioned she had caught it off of him. I was meeting up with her the following weeks and suggested (since she hadn't already) visit the doctor and have a test. A few weeks later I met up with her. Generally asking how she had got on with the test, I was given a reply of 'I'm Ok, I got over it". When questioning the quick service and fast results, I found fault with her statement. This woman had not gone to have any test. She was more hoping I would except her word and think nothing more if it. No way, Sorry. If like I assumed she thought so little of my welfare, there could be no point in taking it further. That was a close shave that got no closer in relationship terms. Some years later I heard her ex had got clear if it, although he had been monitored via the clinic. People who are careless with their own health have no place being careless with mine.
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy, wurzel

Quote Originally Posted by wandering gypsy View Post
    yup had them in my twenties stopped my playing for a couple of months as i recall was treated with a piece of meat which was then buried not had since and that was over 40 years ago
    Harry I've heard of meat being buried before. Is this part of a costom ~ DIY treatment? What is involved? I've got a image of a fist wank with a hand full of sirloin or several rashes of bacon wrapped around the shaft like pigs in blankets...... time I became a vegetarian.
    From now on I better be careful what I enquire about, but can you expand on the meat bit?

I wonder what Oliver Cromwell really meant when he said 'Warts and all'

Quote Originally Posted by alices wonderland View Post
    No I don't have them, I've never even seen them in real life and for ten years I would shower in a communal Colliery (pit head baths) showers with 1200 other miners over those years. I've never seen them on any woman I've been intimate with either.

The reason for this thread is I've got radio 4 on and the subject of genital warts was being discussed. A spokes person for the NHS said, "it costs the NHS 52 million a year to treat patients who have genital warts."

How common are these genital warts and have any of you ever said NO to a person who had them? or gone ahead and used a condom?

Anyone else got any upto date costs for 'other' NHS STI/D treatments?
    I always douse them first, just to be sure.

Dettol

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassie View Post
    I always douse them first, just to be sure.

Dettol
    Thats posh , I use Jeyes fluid

Quote Originally Posted by ma bungo View Post
    Thats posh , I use Jeyes fluid
    If I'm feeling rich it's zoflora. They have an exceptional Lavender range.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo