THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is this thing called.....love! :)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by rhythm
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Hang on.... whats that smell.... it's not cows..... it's not sheep.....It's bullshit.
    Thats the kind of logic that people use to ignore lifes issues, especially with health and mental health. Lot's of incredibly uneducated folk peddling nonsense that you can just 'think yourself better'. Seems to be a lot of that across the pond, a long with bloody faith healing where people die trying to pray cancer away, instead of having treatment. A lot of this kind of shit gets started by the krappy self help market, full of snake oil salesmen telling folk the universe will bend over backwards and do what they like (providing they pay a fee). There are people everwhere struggling not because they want to, but because it's what they have been forced into, nobody thinks they want life to be shit, it just happens for some folk.
    Also alot of incredibly uneducated folk around peddling negativity and no hope!So whats the answer?I've known 2 people from a past job that I worked with.Both taking anti depressants,which obviously were'nt working as they were both still depressed!Both had been offered pro councelling and both declined.Both were given suggestions to help themselves,both declined.So they both stayed depressed.Sometimes,as hard as it is,you have to help yourself.Otherwise,people might start assuming you're happier being ina depressed state of mind!
    You are the creator of your own reality!

Originally Posted by Cobra
    Not sure I really understand your post Vert?Are you saying you might ask your partner if you can have an affair to fulfill some needs you're not getting met?
    If I'm way off track please forgive me!xox
    No worries - I can get a bit otherworldly with my communications, I leave disappointed bridges everywhere - often don't realise why no'one comes with me, it's just I didn't leave enough of the trail and markers behind

Anyway - no, not a physical planetside affair....an affair of the soul and spirit (which might need physical starts [like strip/fluoro lighting does] - but which is really quite metaphysical. Does that constitute infidelity, does your planetside commitment to O/H, family, children etc mean that your soul and spirit also remains chained to this dimension.....when there is so much work needed in our other energy bodies.

You'll maybe be choking with laughter on some of this......I kinda picked up you thought chakras and crystal were risible - so that made me very wary of you....so I'm sorry we ended up "at odds" - really no need.....I just am highly strung anyway, in a very hyper/hypo state and got such a short fuse. Still, with the help of friends here on UKH, am slowly learning to get more of a grip......better late than never eh

Big Love, Jen

xxxxxxxxxx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Miss_bee

Also alot of incredibly uneducated folk around peddling negativity and no hope!So whats the answer?I've known 2 people from a past job that I worked with.Both taking anti depressants,which obviously were'nt working as they were both still depressed!Both had been offered pro councelling and both declined.Both were given suggestions to help themselves,both declined.So they both stayed depressed.Sometimes,as hard as it is,you have to help yourself.Otherwise,people might start assuming you're happier being ina depressed state of mind!
    I would have agree until about 2 months ago....when I came off Paxil/Prozac having been on 40mg every day of my life since 1986.
    It enabled me to barely survive in the workplce - I gave it more than 100% I worked 24/7 I even found myself sleeping under my desk sometimes.......pretending I had got in early. I did everything I was asked to and much more, became a total workaholic and had no sense of enjoyment or relaxation for all those years. But, I had followed the psychiatric advice......more fool me.

So I the found myself with some kind of chronic fatique/severe hypothyroid or adrenal failure - and thought right I've fucking had enough - so I just stopped ALL the meds cold turkey....6-8 weeks ago and it has been a proper roller coaster

But - my real self is coming back.....the person I really am, the me who has been missing for nigh on 30 years...that was a real waste of potential...I gave it away in the hope of fitting into the system and it battered the shit out of me.

So, that's part of the reason for my anger, my fury and rage. As far as I can discern (from my own possiby bipolar/disordered personality) depression is witheld anger.....because the anger can be terrifying.....it can destroy things, people, security - etc so we avoid it (too scary) so we stay depressed or get happy pills to mask the superficial symptoms.

Underneath anger though, is love, creativity, joy, freedom - but it has a different format to the "norm", the socially agreed manifestation of those positive states of mind - so it is still scary, because it requires you to be brave, ground breaking, different, all inclusive, have no barriers, be open, love everything and everyone - and that also makes you extremely vulnerable.

All in all - a tricky bag of shit

Dunno if that helps much, but probably best I can come up with......

Yep I get it Vert now!
    Nope not choking with laughter either,just trying to get a better understanding on how people think.Its very interesting,and I'm a curious soul!lol
    The following users think this post is groovy: verticalis48

Originally Posted by verticalis48
    I would have agree until about 2 months ago....when I came off Paxil/Prozac having been on 40mg every day of my life since 1986.
    It enabled me to barely survive in the workplce - I gave it more than 100% I worked 24/7 I even found myself sleeping under my desk sometimes.......pretending I had got in early. I did everything I was asked to and much more, became a total workaholic and had no sense of enjoyment or relaxation for all those years. But, I had followed the psychiatric advice......more fool me.

So I the found myself with some kind of chronic fatique/severe hypothyroid or adrenal failure - and thought right I've fucking had enough - so I just stopped ALL the meds cold turkey....6-8 weeks ago and it has been a proper roller coaster

But - my real self is coming back.....the person I really am, the me who has been missing for nigh on 30 years...that was a real waste of potential...I gave it away in the hope of fitting into the system and it battered the shit out of me.

So, that's part of the reason for my anger, my fury and rage. As far as I can discern (from my own possiby bipolar/disordered personality) depression is witheld anger.....because the anger can be terrifying.....it can destroy things, people, security - etc so we avoid it (too scary) so we stay depressed or get happy pills to mask the superficial symptoms.

Underneath anger though, is love, creativity, joy, freedom - but it has a different format to the "norm", the socially agreed manifestation of those positive states of mind - so it is still scary, because it requires you to be brave, ground breaking, different, all inclusive, have no barriers, be open, love everything and everyone - and that also makes you extremely vulnerable.

All in all - a tricky bag of shit

Dunno if that helps much, but probably best I can come up with......
    Yes I do understand that depression is anger internalised.In general,though is it because people don't know how to channel their anger?They keep a stiff upper lip on what upsets them?I'm glad the real you is starting to shine through.On the Prozac issue,is'nt that supposed to be a short term solution?Did your doc offer any other support apart from pills?

Yes I do understand that depression is anger internalised.In general,though is it because people don't know how to channel their anger?They keep a stiff upper lip on what upsets them?I'm glad the real you is starting to shine through.On the Prozac issue,is'nt that supposed to be a short term solution?Did your doc offer any other support apart from pills?
    Cool, really glad you "get it" gal - no of course they didn't have anything to offer......in fact psychiatry increasingly blame mental health issues on physiological states and imbalances.....like ones Endocrine system needs to be balanced before any medication should be looked at........sod 'em, they really haven't a blooming clue.

So, I'm into meditation, diet, (friends who love me) and have learned far more healing from Eastern mysticism than any Western medical intervention....so I am at last, on my way home.

Thanks for your kindness
    Verti xxx

Really happy to hear that Vert,onwards and upwards!

I Be Remembering That When I Was A Teenie Tiny Danann ...And Elder Spoke To Me About "Teachings/ Wisdoms Etc Of "LOVE" ...About Who What Etc "True Love" For Another Is And Be And Difference Between "Love Of All Things And People And Natures Beautiful Gifts" Etc And
    "True Love For Another Being" Like An "Anam Cara" Etc ..

Because For Us/Our People Our Ways Our Culture And Beliefs Etc We "Love All Things" And People Etc..And Share And Show And Give Our Love Openly Freely And Truly And Easily Show It Give It And Feel It Share It Etc Even Though That Sounds Sooooo "Cheesey" To Many Peeps Who Not Understand It Is Simply Me And Our Ways And Is Sooo Normal And Natural To Us hahaha

So Anyways He Just Simply Says To Me .

"Anam Cara Love" Is
    Off And Has And Is
    "No Words.And No Thinking..No Working At It Or Building It To Make It Grow Or To Find.

Because It
    Finds You....Seeks You...And You Feel It ....As It Wraps Its Invisible Vine Around You ..Holding You..Embracing You..Becoming You And So Making "Two Become One" Hearts Drumming As One And Spirits Becoming One As You Both Flow As One...Breathe As One..Think As One Without One Spoken Words ...Because No Need For Words As You Both Feel What Each Other Feel And So See What Each Other See...As You Both Look Out Of Each Others Hearts Minds Bodies Spirits And Eyes...For You Be Entwined As Two Spirits Join As One..
    And Will Always And Forever Beat And Dance And Walk As One Entwined.
    So You Feel It Danann And Not Need To Think It And Find Words To Tell You If You "Anam Cara Love" Another.

Words And Thoughts And Thinking About "Love And Asking Yourself Is This Love ? Is This What Love Feels Like Etc " Are "Love Of Things And Love Of All Things And People Etc" ....Because "Anam Cara LOVE" Has
    NO WORDS OR THINKING" ...
    So Yep That Was His Words hahahaha
    )

Well As Best As I Can Put Into Your English Words hehehe
    Form From The Void & Mists

Originally Posted by Danann
    I Be Remembering That When I Was A Teenie Tiny Danann ...And Elder Spoke To Me About "Teachings/ Wisdoms Etc Of "LOVE" ...About Who What Etc "True Love" For Another Is And Be And Difference Between "Love Of All Things And People And Natures Beautiful Gifts" Etc And
    "True Love For Another Being" Like An "Anam Cara" Etc ..

Because For Us/Our People Our Ways Our Culture And Beliefs Etc We "Love All Things" And People Etc..And Share And Show And Give Our Love Openly Freely And Truly And Easily Show It Give It And Feel It Share It Etc Even Though That Sounds Sooooo "Cheesey" To Many Peeps Who Not Understand It Is Simply Me And Our Ways And Is Sooo Normal And Natural To Us hahaha

So Anyways He Just Simply Says To Me .

"Anam Cara Love" Is
    Off And Has And Is
    "No Words.And No Thinking..No Working At It Or Building It To Make It Grow Or To Find.

Because It
    Finds You....Seeks You...And You Feel It ....As It Wraps Its Invisible Vine Around You ..Holding You..Embracing You..Becoming You And So Making "Two Become One" Hearts Drumming As One And Spirits Becoming One As You Both Flow As One...Breathe As One..Think As One Without One Spoken Words ...Because No Need For Words As You Both Feel What Each Other Feel And So See What Each Other See...As You Both Look Out Of Each Others Hearts Minds Bodies Spirits And Eyes...For You Be Entwined As Two Spirits Join As One..
    And Will Always And Forever Beat And Dance And Walk As One Entwined.
    So You Feel It Danann And Not Need To Think It And Find Words To Tell You If You "Anam Cara Love" Another.

Words And Thoughts And Thinking About "Love And Asking Yourself Is This Love ? Is This What Love Feels Like Etc " Are "Love Of Things And Love Of All Things And People Etc" ....Because "Anam Cara LOVE" Has
    NO WORDS OR THINKING" ...
    So Yep That Was His Words hahahaha
    )

Well As Best As I Can Put Into Your English Words hehehe
    thank you so much Danaan - rarely get any such words in our life do we - or encouragement to go that deep.....you have good guides lady. Wish we had more elders in our culture who talk of spirit in these ways........bless you xxx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

thank you so much Danaan - rarely get any such words in our life do we - or encouragement to go that deep.....you have good guides lady. Wish we had more elders in our culture who talk of spirit in these ways........bless you xxx
    Thankyou .For You Kind Words .Verticalis48......
    ((((Hugggs)))) ....

Thankyou .For You Kind Words .Verticalis48......
    ((((Hugggs)))) ....
    Big hugs back

________________________________________ _____________________

P.S. sorry to do a swerve into another lane here, (but probably as nice a place as any other maybe) might you be interested in hippy clothings at all ?

Starspangledkitti came up with a real nice thread: Handmade Hippy Clothes and I was just wondering about asking if some lady hippies might share some of their dimensions (if I posted a specification sheet, easy to fill in, totes confidential) so I could make a classic peasant style top/dress that was one size/adjustable/emminently customisable.

Something that we could test between us for whether it worked and whether it felt good. Didn't leave you name in there because I'm not sure if its your thing.....but just in case it might be

[QUOTE=verticalis48;1588995]Big hugs back

I Swerve All The Time hahaha And Bounce From One Thing To Another Too hahaha.

It Sounds Really Cool And I Defo Be Up For That ...So Yep Ask Away As I Love Hippy Clothes....Esp HandMade And Authentic
    )

I Like Mostly "Classic Woodstock Hippy Clothing" Very Feminine ..Lots Of Lace..Crochet...Bright Colours .Flower Power Hippy Both Short And Long Dresses Skirts ..Bell Flaired Tight Trousers ..Tops Tend To Be Off Shoulders Boho Style Or Gypsy Syles And Light Flowy Or Laxe And Crochet Either Barefeet Or Go Go Hippy Boots And Tribal Style Sandals And Boots Time Of Times....But Also Wear Tribal Clothes As I Tribal Too ...I Wear Often Too Rip Jeans ..Cut Me Down Shorts ..Hotpants .Lace Or Crochet Trousers Too ..Hippy Wrap Arounds .Etc hahahaha...Just A Few Things And I Do Not Like Wearing Heavy Clothes Or Heavy Materials As To Be Honest Except When I Go Outside I Wear Very Little Clothes In My Home Even In Winter I Will Be Barelegged Barefoot And Normally A Wrap Around Or Sarong Nothing Underneath As I Find Clothes Smothering hahaha...So When In My Own Home I Like To Feel Free Wild And Relaxed hahahaha...
    So thats Just A Rough Idea Of Me And My Likes ..BUT I Will Happy Help You With Testing And Ideas
    And Yes I Defo Like The Peasant Style As Similar To Gypsy and Tribal both of I Love And Wear Too

[QUOTE=Danann;1589001]

Big hugs back

I Swerve All The Time hahaha And Bounce From One Thing To Another Too hahaha.

It Sounds Really Cool And I Defo Be Up For That ...So Yep Ask Away As I Love Hippy Clothes....Esp HandMade And Authentic
    )

I Like Mostly "Classic Woodstock Hippy Clothing" Very Feminine ..Lots Of Lace..Crochet...Bright Colours .Flower Power Hippy Both Short And Long Dresses Skirts ..Bell Flaired Tight Trousers ..Tops Tend To Be Off Shoulders Boho Style Or Gypsy Syles And Light Flowy Or Laxe And Crochet Either Barefeet Or Go Go Hippy Boots And Tribal Style Sandals And Boots Time Of Times....But Also Wear Tribal Clothes As I Tribal Too ...I Wear Often Too Rip Jeans ..Cut Me Down Shorts ..Hotpants .Lace Or Crochet Trousers Too ..Hippy Wrap Arounds .Etc hahahaha...Just A Few Things And I Do Not Like Wearing Heavy Clothes Or Heavy Materials As To Be Honest Except When I Go Outside I Wear Very Little Clothes In My Home Even In Winter I Will Be Barelegged Barefoot And Normally A Wrap Around Or Sarong Nothing Underneath As I Find Clothes Smothering hahaha...So When In My Own Home I Like To Feel Free Wild And Relaxed hahahaha...
    So thats Just A Rough Idea Of Me And My Likes ..BUT I Will Happy Help You With Testing And Ideas
    And Yes I Defo Like The Peasant Style As Similar To Gypsy and Tribal both of I Love And Wear Too
    You are so much my kind of hippie Danaan (all your thoughts above, definitely up my street).....wonder full, I am going to get on with it then.....and will post when it's ready......heavens

I've been waiting so long for finding my people...

Last edited by verticalis48; 16-07--2017 at 12:37 AM.

[QUOTE=verticalis48;1589003]

You are so much my kind of hippie Danaan (all your thoughts above, definitely up my street).....wonder full, I am going to get on with it then.....and will post when it's ready......heavens I've been waiting so long for finding my people
    Hahahahaha....I Did Giggle At Your Words hehehe....I Forgot To Say I Love Abd Often Just Wear (At Home Off Course" ...(Beaded Tribal Breast Plates) hahahahaha With Just A Wrap Around Waist Sarong hahaha...But Do Not Be Thinking You Will Get Much Call For Those hahahaha..

If Your Not Sure What A Tribal Beaded Or Wooden Breast Plate Is It Is Very Similar To What Would Look Similar To An American Natives Front Tribal Breast Plate .hahaha...

Thank you so muchly for your linking about Anam Cara - I just looked it up and - what an amazing relief.......oh lord...

I have been feeling this for someone recently and I couldn't explain it....was making me feel like I was breaking down into little pieces.....so now it begins to fall into place I can understand....bless you Danaan...

Anam Cara – the Soul Friendship

Have you ever met someone, and from that first moment you knew there was something special about them? Your friendship formed quickly and easily, and from the start you felt like they knew you better than anyone ever could. You may have just met an Anam Cara.

Anam Cara is the Gaelic term for a soul friend. It is much more than just a regular friendship – the Anam Cara friendship is deep and transcendent. An Anam Cara knows your thoughts, your feelings, your past and your present sometimes better than you do.
    At one time or another we have all felt lonely or isolated. We have all had times were we felt misunderstood; standing on the outside looking in, just longing to belong. The Anam Cara eases that feeling of loneliness and isolation. Our Anam Cara understands us at a deep, spiritual level, and reminds us that we are never alone. They provide shelter from the storm and a light in the darkest of places.
    Our Anam Cara is not necessarily our spouse, or partner (though they can be). Frequently our Anam Cara is our gender, and fills the role of a best friend and confidant. This can really be quite a relief for our significant other, who won’t be expected to fill our every need! An Anam Cara may be a life time friend, who appears to us in childhood and stays with us throughout the years. Or they may appear later in life to accompany us on our journey. They may stay for years, or go out with the tide. However long they stay, their presence is a gift and a blessing.
    And just as we are blessed by this relationship, so they are blessed too, because we, also, are an Anam Cara.
    A Friendship Blessing
    From “Anam Cara” By John O’Donohue
    May you be blessed with good friends.
    May you learn to be a good friend to yourself.
    May you be able to journey to that place in your soul where there is great love, warmth, feeling, and forgiveness.
    May this change you.
    May it transfigure that which is negative, distant, or cold in you.
    May you be brought in to the real passion, kinship, and affinity of belonging.
    May you treasure your friends.
    May you be good to them and may you be there for them;
    May they bring you all the blessings, challenges, truth, and light that you need for your journey.
    May you never be isolated.
    May you always be in the gentle nest of belonging with your anam cara.

This Is One Type Breast Plate Verticalis48 What I Wear
    To Give A Sort Of Idea haha
    And Why Only At Home I Wear These As Nothing Is Worn Underneath So Dont Go Outaide For Clear Reasons hahaha

[QUOTE=Danann;1589004]

Hahahahaha....I Did Giggle At Your Words hehehe....I Forgot To Say I Love Abd Often Just Wear (At Home Off Course" ...(Beaded Tribal Breast Plates) hahahahaha With Just A Wrap Around Waist Sarong hahaha...But Do Not Be Thinking You Will Get Much Call For Those hahahaha..

If Your Not Sure What A Tribal Beaded Or Wooden Breast Plate Is It Is Very Similar To What Would Look Similar To An American Natives Front Tribal Breast Plate .hahaha...
    Oh yes I do - it is part of the plan - look forward to sending drawings soon - then I think we will recognise we are looking for the same things......yes it is very Native American survival spirit gear...........need to carry talismans and protection and wear real natural clothings with grace and beauty...... will be back in next few days...

This Is One Type Breast Plate Verticalis48 What I Wear
    To Give A Sort Of Idea haha
    And Why Only At Home I Wear These As Nothing Is Worn Underneath So Dont Go Outaide For Clear Reasons hahaha
    Yes, this is the kind of thing sweetie, a lovely feeling to wear and I'm thinking a version that you could wear outside too, that had useful characteristics, like pockets, slots, ties, tags for carrying important stuff....practical and spirit protecting.....and beautiful, so you can tie amulets, herbs, pictures of loved ones close to your heart, your phone, your lippy, a biro, a mini notebook, your blood group etc.

next few days will post drawings and rough prototypes for tweaking and improving by joint ideas

so lovely to share babe xxx

oh and better make this last post about clothings on the post about lovings (although I guess they're inter-related

I'm planning a similar pattern for guys too ...... a classic shirt, with peasant shape, but classy and masculine enough to wear without drawing fire in the workplace or out of an evening. Don't want to get a load of abuse for looking like a girl after all....like those Native American dudes............pah ! Some of the most beautiful guys on the planet...

Cool, really glad you "get it" gal - no of course they didn't have anything to offer......in fact psychiatry increasingly blame mental health issues on physiological states and imbalances.....like ones Endocrine system needs to be balanced before any medication should be looked at........sod 'em, they really haven't a blooming clue.

So, I'm into meditation, diet, (friends who love me) and have learned far more healing from Eastern mysticism than any Western medical intervention....so I am at last, on my way home.

Thanks for your kindness
    Verti xxx
    i'm sorry, i may be misunderstanding you, but this post seems very self contradictory...........can you explain, you say you're dealing with mental health issues by addressing the physical,

'So, I'm into meditation, diet, (friends who love me) and have learned far more healing from Eastern mysticism than any Western medical intervention....so I am at last, on my way home.
    '

but slag off the medical profession,

'in fact psychiatry increasingly blame mental health issues on physiological states and imbalances.....like ones Endocrine system needs to be balanced before any medication should be looked at........sod 'em, they really haven't a blooming clue.',

for suggesting this might be an answer?

Hiya Groove,

Well erm, difficult to know quite where to start....so I'll start at the end and try work back......"slag off" sorry if I did do that from your point of view - I'd prefer to call it "refusing any longer to be conned by ignorance, arrogance, stupidity and lies".....which surely ought still be an available option ?

My last psychiatric report stated: we cannot recommend any change in medication until the Endocrine/Thyroid problem is stable because the effects of the condition are material.

Then, I was referred to a "Sleep Clinic" a week ago, (an expensive American run chain of private hospitals and facilities now being used by referral from the NHS (at great cost to the taxpayer I should imagine) - to try find out why I am chronically fatigued (and in case you misunderstand, this is not just feeling knackered [like most people do because of the toxic lifestyles we have to live, to earn a crust, keep the bailiffs from the door] - it is being unable to move 6.5 days out of every 7.

Consultant says: "well to be honest we're only just beginning to investigate the mind body connections and still in the early stages, we're trying new techniques and simply, if it works it works - we often can't yet say why". This from a consultant anaesthetist...a middle aged man, of many years practice, extremely well paid, position of authority and public standing........WTF am I supposed to knit with that ?

So after more than 3 decades of mental and physical misery - I am trying to dig myself out by myself (with a little help from my friends).....I have lost the best years of my life to being on pharmaceuticals - so I believe I have the right to assess things for my own particular psycho/physiological state. Not trying to do it for anyone else.....so I think it's probably "allowed" but if it isn't then I'll have to go "off piste" and risk the consequences - because anywhere is better than where I have been over the past more severe 10 months of being one of the living dead.

and it does feel like good changes are occuring.....but only since taking my control of my own life back.

Really do hope that explains a bit.........will be different for everyone else.....everyone is unique and at their own place in space and time.....how could it be appropriate to treat everyone the same...Do hope I haven't pissed you off though, really wouldn't want to make anyone feel bad.

Big hugs, cause I think you've been having a bad time....hope you feeling better too - it's a long strange trip xxx

Originally Posted by rhythm
    Hang on.... whats that smell.... it's not cows..... it's not sheep.....It's bullshit.
    Thats the kind of logic that people use to ignore lifes issues, especially with health and mental health. Lot's of incredibly uneducated folk peddling nonsense that you can just 'think yourself better'. Seems to be a lot of that across the pond, a long with bloody faith healing where people die trying to pray cancer away, instead of having treatment. A lot of this kind of shit gets started by the krappy self help market, full of snake oil salesmen telling folk the universe will bend over backwards and do what they like (providing they pay a fee). There are people everwhere struggling not because they want to, but because it's what they have been forced into, nobody thinks they want life to be shit, it just happens for some folk.
    Hi Rhythm....bit late to respond really (cause I missed this thread for ages), but I kind of see where you're coming from - but polarisation maybe no need. This link here brings together the esoteric and the exoteric with regard to health and well being (mental and physical) - I do go on about this guy, but his passion and love for all peeps and his bravery in pursuing the road less travelled, I find amazingly inspiring.....hope you might get a little something from it anyway sweetie, if not no worries either:

My mate, who I have known for 50 years, and has had serious cancer twice, once actually asked me to 'bonk' his wife. That's real love, he was worried about the effect of his illness on her. I couldn't do it, I have known them both for far too long but I was touched because it was sincerely meant and it came from his very real love for his wife. Its incredibly touching because they are so devoted, even after all these years

I suggested it didn't matter that he couldn't get erection and his libido was non existent, just cuddle her lots, every chance he gets, and tell her how he feels and how much he loves her, that's what she needs.

He was avoiding physical contact with her because he was afraid he couldn't go the distance, that's a real male hang up
    Last edited by Bernie; 17-07--2017 at 10:53 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: realnutter