THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 97 to 119 of 119

Thread: do you look like a hippy?

  1. #97
    I agree! (I don't understand what you said, but it sounds awfully clever)
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, EnfysaDafaid, Lightbringer

  2. #98
    FORM FROM THE VOID Danann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Female
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,037
    [QUOTE=rhythm;1603050]

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Danann
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    Let's analyze this response.

    So I see here.......

    1. Conforming to the concept of not conforming.
    2. Conforming to to the concept of not fitting in.
    3 You say Breaking out and running away from the mould, there would be some sort of rule to make you do that, so conforming to a rule to run away, which fits in wih conforming to the concept of not fitting in.

    Don't forget that conformism is also done subconsciously, as people are pushed by the environment and the stimulus around them.

    'Rule Breaker' is a label.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    You are trying too hard to conform at not conforming
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    hahahaha Not Too Sure What All That Sort Of Means hahahaha
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    But Will Say I Not Even Knew What The Word Meant "Conformed" Etc Until I Saw It On Here Then Asked Jeeves What It Meaned hahaha.

    Cos Be Not Forgetting....When I First Came Here Few Years Time Of Times Now ...I Not Had Learned Many Big English Words....And It Was Here That Someone Said To Me That "I Be A Being Who Does Not "Conform...Follow Rules...Etc Etc Etc......I Off Course Be Not Knowing What That Meaned So I Looked It Up hahahaha.. .And Then Though Yep Ok I Do Not Take Notice Or Am Ruled By Rules...I Dont Wanna Conform Or Be Conformed Etc Etc ..
    So I Just Took It As Ok Yep I Be Like That hahaha.

    Your Use Of This Word And Saying Conformimg To The Conforming And Conforming To The Concept Of Fitting In ..Kind Muddles Me ..
    Because To Me That Means ..
    Me "Understanding And Knowimg I Dont Fit In" ...
    Because That Is What I Know And Feel And Think Truly ..
    So Unless "Conformimg" Means "Understanding" Which I Dont Think It Does ....Then "That What You Say You Think My Words Mean Is "Wrong" hahaha.....Because To Me "Thats NOT "Conforming" Thats Me "Understanding And Knowing And Seeing And Feeling I Dont Fit In " ..

    You Think By Me Saying "Breaking Out And Running Away From The Mould " Means Me Breaking Some Kind Of Rule To Make Me Do That....Is "Conformimg To A Rule To Run Away ..Which Fits In With Conforming To The Concept Of Not Fitting In ....Which Again Makes No Sense To Me At All ..Because ..What My Words Said And Say And Mean Are
    Me Simply Being Naturally Me...Because I Run Away Turn My Back On That ......Because I Naturally Have Never Had Rules In My Life ...We And Me Are Free Wild And Natural....To Me What You Call "Rules" To Me Means
    "Being (CONTROLLED...TRAPPED ..CAGED...ETC" ) So Me And My Kind Would Naturally "Run Away..From And Break Out Free From A Breaker Of Free Spirit Etc" .
    So.Its A Natural Fear...A Natural Response .For Me To Run Away .From And .Hide From....As I Would Never Let Mans World ..Break Me...Control Me...Cage Me Etc ...By Mans World To Fit In ...That Is What "Rules" Means To Me And My Kind ....So NO It Has Nothing To Do With "Conforming" Etc Etc As You Say It ....And My Words Again Had Nothing And Is Nothing To Do With "Conforming" Etc My Words Meant As Said "Running Away ..Breaking Free And Out Of Being Caged...Being Trapped...Being Broken Of Spirit...and Controll To Be Accepted To Fit In......So Noooo Never Would I Want That Or Need That ..And I Dont Want To Fit In ...Because I Can NEVER EVER Be Caged And Controlled And Broken Spirit By "RULES" ...So I Run Away And Turn My Back And Break Out Of Any Mould That I Was Tried To Be Trapped And Caged In .....So I Think Again You Have Mis Understood My Thinking Way And Words As It Never Would Or Could Be Meaning What You Said...Because I FEAR "Rules" As I Was And Had Been Caged And Controlled By Another And Was Beaten And Battered And Bones Broken ..Because I Would Never Follow His "Rules And Conform" To His Ways.....No Matter The Cage And Mould He Trapped Me In ...I Broke Out And Run Run ..Finally One Day .....So Rules To Me Means FEAR Control And Broken Spirit ...So Naturally I Run Away ...As I Will Never Be Caught And Caged Ever And Controlled Cos I Did Not Then And Would Never Do Now Either ..No Matter How Alone And Not Fitting In I Would Be ...Because I Dont Want To Fit In ..Because I Am Naturally Me And Happy Me ..I Dont Need Others Or Anybody To Fit In ....
    So I Was Never Talking Or Meaning About Conforming And Conforming To Rules Or Conformimg To The Concept Of Fitting In ....I Was Simply Running And Breaking Away And Out Of Any Mould That Is Trying To Catch And Cage And Control Me. ...Thats What I Meaned.

    And To Me "Rule Breaker" Is Not A "Label" It To Me Simply Is A Man Made English Word ...That Describes Something That Breaks Rules..Be It A Person Or Something Else ...That Breaks Rules....So To Me That Is Wrong Also...Because As I Just Told You " Its NOT A Label" Nope ..To Me "Its Simply An English Man Made Word ..The English People Use To Describe Something That Breaks Rules .....That Is All I See It As ..And Mean When I Use That Word ...So That People Can Understand What I Am Saying Or Meaning ....Its Just A Simple "Word" Only To Me.

    So I Am Not "Trying To Hard To Conform At Not Conformimg" ....Because ...You Thought You Knew What I Was Saying And Meaning When You Did Not Understand My Thinking Or My Words True Meaning ....Because All My Words Are Just Me Naturally Simply Being Me ...And Your English Words And There Meanings Do NOT Mean The Same To Me ..As They Do To You And Most English People ....Because You And They Are NOT Me ...So You Cannot Truly Know What I Mean ...You Can Only THINK ..You Know What They Mean .... And Your Words Were Wrong And Your Thinking Was Wrong What You Wrote Above About Me Cos That Is And Was Not My Thinking Me Or My Thinking Words..Nope They Were Your Thinking Words Of Me ... And Not Mine .
    But It Was Very Interesting Reading Them ...Because It Shows How Ibviously My Way Or Writing And Thinking Of What They Meaned Must Be Very Muddling To Read ....Because It Was So Wrong And Not What I Was Thinking Or Saying Or Meaning
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Form From The Void & Mists

  3. #99
    FORM FROM THE VOID Danann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Female
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,037

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by oldkeith
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Some of you appear to be forgetting that in order to conform to anything, you must first define that to which you will be conforming.
    This also holds for non-conforming; you must first define that to which you do not conform, in order to be able not to conform to it.

    The word 'Rules' means something quite different to what is stated above. Rules tend to be a generally-recognised or prescribed set of principles within a given context. So we cannot say that an individual is conforming to a rule unless the rule is generally-recognised by a given number of people in a given context.

    Hence you cannot conform to a rule of running away from something, unless there is a generally-recognised principle, in a given context, of people running away. If there is not, it cannot be defined as a rule.


    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Soooo True ....Very True ...Because "Rules" Are So Totally Different .. And Can Be Seen And Thought Off In Sooo Many Ways And Sooo Many Different Ways To Each Person To Person...And Be Seen And Felt Like A Rule To That Person.

    As One Person Might See it And Feel It As A Rule ...
    And Another Person May Not See It Or Feel It As A Rule.

    And So To Conform Or Break To A Rule ...You Have To See It And Feel It And Recognise And Understand It As A "Rule" In The First Place . ...Well Thats What I Think In My Head Too.
    Form From The Void & Mists

  4. #100
    Heavenly Creature Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chesterfield, United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,020
    Just ask yoursen do u all want to look like work shy weed smokein long haired yobs. Cause that's what uer askin
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

  5. #101
    Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    The Ramtops
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,578
    I reckon I just look like a grandma -a scruffy one, but nonetheless that is my look.

    Fortunately I don't have to wait for folk to give me a seat on the bus (poor old soul) because I drive it.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Ecobob, Lightbringer, Miss_bee, misterfox, Nelia, NomadicRT, Wulfie

  6. #102
    Non of this matters NomadicRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southam
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,512
    What does a hippy look like ? .... cause when i grew up it was more or less anyone who didnt wear regulation clothes or a monkey suit and sport a military style haircut.

    I wear whats comfortable and practical and i got long hair n beard...no idea if that qualifies me in the hippy club - who cares..and in any case if theres a particular hippy style isnt that counter to.what a hippy is supposed to be ?
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Ecobob, marshlander, Miss_bee

  7. #103
    Turning On Nelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    52
    I like my own style, and I dress how I feel. If I have jeans and plain top day, I wear it. If I feel like a girl from the fields, I wear my long dress and espadrilles, but most of the time I am on my bicycle, with two sacks on sides, hiding all my stuff or shopping from local small Indian shops. I have a two or three pairs of high heels, which I wore once and they will end up on eBay soon. My hair rarely see a hairdresser, I let them grow long, and only when I feel I start moping the floor with them I would just go to local Nepalese girls for a haircut, which is always boring, haha.
    I have this need once or twice a year to wear my ehtnic jewellery, or harem pants, but again, this is just how I feel at a certain time.

    I am thinkin and thinking how others might see me, and I think it's mostly bike leggings, trainers, and hi vi vest
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Ecobob, parrotandcrow

  8. #104
    Heavenly Creature ayami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,197
    Probably not but I don't think the movement is codified with a dress sense.
    For me, being a hippy is more of a state of mind.

  9. #105
    Transcending madcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Worcester
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    584
    I'm just scruffy , I wear what I can get cheap or get given . I do knit and I like bright colours .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, EnfysaDafaid, Lightbringer, Nelia, Wulfie

  10. #106
    Transcending
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pembrokeshire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    818
    No, I look like a yob, I'm wide and ugly, like a two-legged mongrel pit-bull.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lightbringer

  11. #107
    Shed Junkie alices wonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    dissident field dweller
    Gender
    Male
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,974
    No, I look like your friendly neighbourhood junkie who's going to nic your car and kids, swap your car for a rock of crack and sell your kids in morocco for their weight in pollen.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, Wulfie

  12. #108
    FORM FROM THE VOID Danann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Female
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,037

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    Hahahaha.. I Look Like "THIS "...hahahahahaha..
    And Often Think And Feel This Too .....hahahahaha.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, EnfysaDafaid, NomadicRT

  13. #109
    Heavenly Creature
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,300
    Remind me, what do hippies look like? Tie dye? Flares? Headband? Dreads?
    No to all the above. Currently I am in cargo shorts, t shirt, steel toe capped boots, hoodie, none of which I paid for (recycling finds). I
    Vanman bought me a nice t shirt for my birthday. Before that, the last new thing I bought was new boots three years ago. I don't waste money on clothes.
    Also, I would far rather go to the dentist than the hairdresser.....
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, NomadicRT

  14. #110
    FORM FROM THE VOID Danann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Female
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,037

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Remind me, what do hippies look like? Tie dye? Flares? Headband? Dreads?
    No to all the above. Currently I am in cargo shorts, t shirt, steel toe capped boots, hoodie, none of which I paid for (recycling finds). I
    Vanman bought me a nice t shirt for my birthday. Before that, the last new thing I bought was new boots three years ago. I don't waste money on clothes.
    Also, I would far rather go to the dentist than the hairdresser.....
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Soooo True
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )
    Form From The Void & Mists

  15. #111
    FORM FROM THE VOID Danann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Female
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,037
    I Once Even "Body Painted Myself All Over Blue And Turned Myself Into An "AVATAR" hahahahaha...

    And "WHY" Did I Do That?????
    I Tell Ya All Why....
    Simply "Because "I FELT" Like It And Because "I COULD" hahahaha..

    So My Thinking Is ."Hippy Means"
    "FREEDOM..FREE CHOICE..FREE WILL ..FREE SPIRIT .FREE LOVE Etc Etc"
    Whether That Be Clothes ..Look...Speach...Thinking..
    Love..Peace Happiness Etc Etc Etc ...
    Yep "Hippy Is FREE Spirit/FREEDOM"
    To Do As We Will And As We Choose .As We Feel ..As We Think And As We Be In "ALL THINGS"...Etc Etc Etc ...
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: EnfysaDafaid, NomadicRT

  16. #112
    Non of this matters NomadicRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southam
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,512
    I have trouble looking human never mind hippy..
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lightbringer

  17. #113
    Radiant Being Lightbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,531
    I look angelic!

    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Danann, NomadicRT

  18. #114
    Heavenly Creature Wulfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Alfheim
    Gender
    Male
    Age
    62
    Posts
    3,638
    Dilligaf. I'm just me, don't even have a crow suit.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, parrotandcrow

  19. #115
    Shed Junkie alices wonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    dissident field dweller
    Gender
    Male
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,974

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    No, I look like your friendly neighbourhood junkie who's going to nic your car and kids, swap your car for a rock of crack and sell your kids in morocco for their weight in pollen.
    does those groovy's mean I'm right and you agree with me?
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

  20. #116
    Heavenly Creature
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    International jet-setter
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,898

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    does those groovy's mean I'm right and you agree with me?
    You don't look like a junkie, you just look like you
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  21. #117
    Heavenly Creature Rainbomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    northants
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,715

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    does those groovy's mean I'm right and you agree with me?

    Wild man of the woods steve...total hippy to the core😊xx

  22. #118
    Shed Junkie alices wonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    dissident field dweller
    Gender
    Male
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,974

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Uncle jhad
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    You don't look like a junkie, you just look like you
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I would still nic the car, just not the kids, too much trouble trying to move them on. Everything goes well when displaying them for sale, until the punter checks their teeth. Then they say "English"? "No thanks" constant whining from English teenagers and "I want this and that" idle fks just wanna play computer games and bury their heads in smartphones. Markets still good for Scottish young blood and teenagers with learning disabilities. Training is a challenge they say, but positive reinforcement does wonders with repetitive jobs.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

  23. #119
    Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    The Ramtops
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,578

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wulfie
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Dilligaf. don't even have a crow suit.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I could help you out there, mate . . .
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Wulfie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •