Thread: Trigemic Neuralgia

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar

Trigemic Neuralgia

This is the most vile pain I have ever had. I had an attack a few years back, and was prescribed Neurontin for it. I was so scared of the pain returning, that I took this drug until this spring, when I weaned myself from it, figuring the neuralgia was gone.

Not so, it's back. I truly hope that nobody on here suffers with this, but if you do, what the fuck do you do to control it? If anything.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.

Quote Originally Posted by parrotandcrow View Post
    This is the most vile pain I have ever had. I had an attack a few years back, and was prescribed Neurontin for it. I was so scared of the pain returning, that I took this drug until this spring, when I weaned myself from it, figuring the neuralgia was gone.

Not so, it's back. I truly hope that nobody on here suffers with this, but if you do, what the fuck do you do to control it? If anything.
    OK, I pulled a favour and have this response in exchange for that favour.

It's not medical advice just some information for you to work with.

Was it after shingles. If not after shingles and is trigeminal neuralgia they may be able to have an operation to knock off the nerve. Else, Neurontin is the best medication.

It's not medical advice just some information for you to work with.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

Heavenly Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by parrotandcrow View Post
    This is the most vile pain I have ever had. I had an attack a few years back, and was prescribed Neurontin for it. I was so scared of the pain returning, that I took this drug until this spring, when I weaned myself from it, figuring the neuralgia was gone. Not so, it's back. I truly hope that nobody on here suffers with this, but if you do, what the fuck do you do to control it? If anything.
    deep sympathies parrotandcrow.....don't know if this is any good:
    The following users think this post is groovy: nomis