Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What the Health Movie

Heavenly Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Have you actually watched "What the health"?

(I'm going to ask this of everyone who's commenting on here, just to see if we're on the same page)
    Yes, of course - and its content is excellent - but only the tip of the iceberg. I previously watched Supersize Me, which again was a very brave film. The "animal fat" thing is very interesting, butter is coming back into vogue after years of being disrespected, because so many so called healthy veg based fats are toxic. Many of the contemporary diets, i.e. Paleo, Fruitarian etc. investigate the issue......the jury changes all the time - I no longer go with any "final analysis", but just keep moving and following my intuition and trying to develop and expand my perception.

Meditation and yoga are helping just as much as if not one whole lot more than one movie documentary or two.

Certainly believe myself to be on the same page, unless the language I'm hearing is undergoing some kind of weird translation between eyes and ears and brain.

Quote Originally Posted by verticalis48 View Post
    . The "animal fat" thing is very interesting, butter is coming back into vogue after years of being disrespected, because so many so called healthy veg based fats are toxic. Many of the contemporary diets, i.e. Paleo, Fruitarian etc. investigate the issue......the jury changes all the time - I no longer go with any "final analysis", but just keep moving and following my intuition and trying to develop and expand my perception.

Science is in a constant sate of re-evaluation.The only "evidence" against animal fat is that it is predominately saturated , except for lard is Ancel Keys' fraudualant 6 Countries study. Seed oils are extracted using chemical solvents and contain far too much omega-6.

We all lead different lives.
    The following users think this post is groovy: verticalis48

Quote Originally Posted by emmadilemma View Post
    It's on a far bigger scale so yeah they do much more harm globally. Livestock and their by products, account for over 50% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions and animal agriculture is responsible for 1/3 of fresh water consumption globally. It's the leading cause of species extinction, habitat destruction, ocean dead zones and water pollution. It'sbasically destroying the planet.
    It is not just Australia that has introduced pests. NZ has brush tailed possums, cats and deer.North America has cats and feral pigs. Research has found that do-do's were no hunted to extinction but out out of business by introduced pigs.

This is what Dr Mercola has to say about the film. I generally agree with him.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...t_rid=12799141

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
    This is what Dr Mercola has to say about the film. I generally agree with him.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...t_rid=12799141
    Mercola is an anti-vaxxer and denies that HIV causes AIDS - I find it very hard to take anything he says seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by emmadilemma View Post
    Another great documentary ...I liked cowspiracy too. I really hope it reaches a wide audience as watching it could literally save a lot of lives.
    Meat and dairy really are the new tobacco...the way the public is being conned is disgraceful..
    I Defo Agree With Emmadilemmas Words ...And Yes As Always It Is The Person ..The Shopper ...The Public That Get Conned And Have Done For Many Many Years Now...And Yes It Is Sadly Disgraceful ...

Also I Think A Lot Of The Problem And Blame Is That Sadly People Have Gotten Sooo Confused And Muddled With "What Is True And What Is Not" As Often It Keeps Changing All The Time ...Say Like "Margarine Was Supposed To Be Healthier And Better Gor You Than Butter ...Then It Changed To Margarine Is Bad For You Because Of The Bad Oils Esp Palma Oil (Which Is In Most Peanut Butters Etc ) So It Switched Back ....And So A Lot People Of People Started Buying Alternatives ..Coconut ..Almond Etc Butters And There Oils To Eat And Cook With Etc..

So Like I Said People Are And Have Ended Up Totally Confused As To What To Eat And Not Sure What Is Good And Not ...All Due To Everybody Being Conned Sadly

But In The End ..Sadly Most People Can Only Only Afford And Buy The "Cheapest" Which Is Sadly The Most Unhealthy Of All And So Families..Children Etc Are Being Raised And Fed Snd Eat Daily Sooo Many Unhealthy Foods...And Why Now Sooo Many Adults And Children Are Obese..Diabetic And Having Heart Deseases And Breathing Problems Etc Etc Even The Young Children Sadly
    So Sadly No Matter What Many People And Families Are Reading And Are Being Told ...They Will Still Buy The Cheapest And Most Unhealthiest Sadly

So Until The Goverments And Food Fat Cats Etc Do Something About Making It Cheaper To Eat Healthy Etc Instead Of Making Healthy Food Like A Fashion Trend And Fashion Brand And Making It Too Expensive For People And Famiies To Buy ...No Matter The Health Warning And The Disgraceful Connings Going On ....People And Families Will Not Care Or Think About Bad Health Risks Etc ...Because All They Think About Is Buying The Cheaper Unhealthy Foods And Not The Risks And Harm It Is Doing To Themselves And Young Children Etc Sadly (..

So Yes As I Said I Totally Agree With Emmadilema Meat And Dairy Are The New Tobacco And Yes We And The People Are Being Conned Which Is Sooo Sad And Truly Disgraceful ....It Also Makes Me Sooo Very Sad Also To Know And See That Sooo Many People And Families Have No Choice To Eat These Bad Unhealthy Foods As They Cannot Simply Afford To Eat And Buy The Healthier Foods (.

Also I Would Like To Say That I Also Believe The Mind And Spirit Must Be Healthy Too.....As No Matter If You Ate The Best Of Healthy Foods ...You Still Have To Have "Balance" As All Things In Life ..There Always Have To Have Balance ....So You Also Need To Have "A Healthy Mind And Spirit Too ...As Well As Food To Be Truly "Healthy"
    For You Cannot Have One Without The Other
    Form From The Void & Mists

Heavenly Creature
    this guy is a proper intelligent human......with track record and medical practice to back up his "opinion" the rest of us just post airy fairy bullshit with no substance:

https://youtu.be/Nqggy05RqNY

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Mercola is an anti-vaxxer and denies that HIV causes AIDS - I find it very hard to take anything he says seriously.
    I would not agree with everything he says. EG for gout he makes no mention to avoid tomatoes. But on the whole he seems to be au fait.