Thread: Drone power

Drone power

So the police are being allowed to use drones to spy on us even more! Clearly that is not the brief but it sure as hell will be the reality! Is it not enough that there are cameras on every street corner without there being aerial surveillance as well? We are one of the most spied upon nations in the world and it is nothing to be proud of.
    Civil liberties are being encroached on at every opportunity and " if you've done nothing wrong there's nothing to worry about" is absolute bullshit and a cop out. We as a people need to say enough is enough and demand from those who serve us in government (yeah yeah I know) a reassurance that the use of drones will be regulated and policed by an independent body!
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh

I remember hearing a few years back that they were thinking of uses in crowd control , civil disobedience etc and were to be trialled during solstice at the henge , their plans were scuppered when the civil aviation authority demanded trained operators and slight path info
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Apparently the new "idea" is that the police will be able to circumvent civil aviation laws

Drones of different sizes have been around for years it's just since that they have become more affordable that peeps are taking notice thanks to the antics of a few idiots endangering aircraft and spying on folk. There are set rules for their use and rules for surveillance. Anything they record in the public space on behalf of any public body is accountable and I could be wrong, open to public viewing unless it's national security. I've no problem with them being used on the latter as long as it's not abused. Anything which would prevent another Manchester gets my vote but as for the arseholes who fly over uninvited............

Cigar for that man.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, zendaze

I don't understand how a drone would have prevented the Manchester atrocity

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by etherea
    I don't understand how a drone would have prevented the Manchester atrocity
    Covert surveillance on terrorist suspects, who knows what the secret squirrels had on the offenders there but every little bit of info in the war against such scum who carry out attacks on innocents is needed no matter how it's obtained.

There have been several cases of late,where drones have nearly collided with aircraft.Thats a worry in itself.I did mention this in another post,but a drone came over my allotment site the other day.I could hear it approaching,looked skywards and yep,there it was.I need a rifle!
    You are the creator of your own reality!

Heavenly Creature
    We've got one started flitting around here, very annoying, apparently a .22 can take one down, so I've heard
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, zendaze

This is purely coincidental,but I recently enquired about a shooting range
    The following users think this post is groovy: Uncle jhad

Originally Posted by Cobra
    .I need a rifle!
    I need a little lady like this first one

Originally Posted by Wulfie
    I need a little lady like this first one
    You might find your weapon isn't big enough..
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy, Wulfie

Yeah but is'nt it how you use it?

I don't think it would be unfair to say that she looks like she's had plenty of experience...
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

Heavenly Creature
    These are quite good too, if you catch it close enough...

I dont like to fire my rifle above eye level , easy miss and where is that .22 gonna land ?

Heavenly Creature
    I can remember, as a lad, a chap who used an ex-army Enfield rifle to shoot crows and pigeons in winter, over some allotment gardens. Mainly to keep his hand in. Until someone pointed out to him that the bullets - spent but still very dangerous - were falling toward the village of Hardingstone....
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy