Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who ... is a woman!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Shroom
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I was about to post a long and intelligent reply about fantasy childrens tv shows but having seen your level of input I think I will fuck off back to daddies basement.............

Was not saying you are a Broflake, I am just fed up of seeing men act pathetic when woman take lead roles in T.V, why are they so threatened by it. Please do post what you was going to post Mr Shroom
    Last edited by rhythm; 17-07--2017 at 11:19 AM.

Its nothing to do with women 'taking lead roles' , you may wish to re-read the few I quoted, it's more about changing characters genders , characters that have been around for generations.

'Lets make another series of fawlty towers , this time Basils got tits and Sybil has a cock? ' maybe cast Hulk Hogan as Lara Croft ?

Its nothing to do with women 'taking lead roles' , you may wish to re-read the few I quoted, it's more about changing characters genders , characters that have been around for generations.

'Lets make another series of fawlty towers , this time Basils got tits and Sybil has a cock? ' maybe cast Hulk Hogan as Lara Croft ?
    Dr Who is an Alien that regenerates and changes form, so logically there is no reason why Dr Who can not regenerate to be a woman. As I said, the only reason Dr Who has been a male for so long is because outdated ideas still exist about woman taking lead roles in Action and Sci-Fi.

he always seems to regenerate from a male timelord into a male timelord , err ok , there is a female timelord (i think i saw a bit and he was meant to execute her) , my guess it that she regenerates into another lady timelord.
    Sorry if my understanding is flawed , I have shown no real interest in the show since pre-puberty.

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    I gave up on Dr Who when that clot Tom Baker appeared

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    I have no idea why the BBC can't invest in a brand new show with a strong female lead and send Doctor Who to the dustbin where it belongs - I mean, it really can be utter shite at times.

Heavenly Creature
    Finance, business........ MONEY.
    Dr Who has become a brand. It's now safe. New actor not well received? Get another one.
    The brand is bigger than the character.

I won't be happy until Doctor Who is a vegan - I mean, if he/she's willing to eat other species then surely no human will ever be safe?

Originally Posted by Paul
    I have no idea why the BBC can't invest in a brand new show with a strong female lead and send Doctor Who to the dustbin where it belongs - I mean, it really can be utter shite at times.
    When it comes to people who think Dr Who is shite, I have to follow the Starfleet Prime Directive and not interfere with a less advanced species

The following users think this post is groovy: Paul

Originally Posted by Offgrid hero
    I've never even met anyone with a basement
    The problem with meeting people with a basement is that you usually end up coming out in pieces...
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, Offgrid hero

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    I gave up on Dr Who when that clot Tom Baker appeared
    William Hartnell introduced the series beautifully and has always stuck in my mind as 'The Doctor'.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, Paul

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar

Oh, I dunno; I'd watch that, lol.

If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar

he always seems to regenerate from a male timelord into a male timelord , err ok , there is a female timelord (i think i saw a bit and he was meant to execute her) , my guess it that she regenerates into another lady timelord.
    Sorry if my understanding is flawed , I have shown no real interest in the show since pre-puberty.
    "Another lady timelord" is actually "Missy" a regeneration into female form of The Doctor's childhood friend, The Master (played by Roger Delgado in your pre-pubescent days?).

I forget which Doctor it was, but on regenerating commenting something to the effect that he had regenerated into yet another man and still not yet a woman. It was always on the cards.

I don't know Jodie Whittaker at all, so I shall be interested to see what she does with the role.

Apologies, Shroom, I'm know I'm taking this a little too seriously. I'm no expert, but but I guess I have an ongoing interest having seen every episode from the beginning.

I agree,the BBC could invest in a brand new show with a strong female lead but it also doesnt seem necessary to bin a popular sci fi show that 10's of millions of fans around the world love...plus it brings in money for the commercial side of the BBC which reduces its dependence on govt handouts from the license fee.The problem is few in the BBC have the courage to develop new ideas and instead flog to death the few successful shows they have.

Theres been plenty of strong female sci fi leads in film and tv as has been pointed out...Alien's Ripley, the ball kicking gun toting pilot that had all the macho guys around the world salivating being the most notable.
    But Why not just make good entertaining tv that appeals to and caters for a wide audience and.not because theres a pc attempt to address a lack of representation of various sections of society.
    Whats the next Dr going to be ? a black female.vegan lesbian considering a transgender move.? ffs
    Stick with the successful by all.means but lets see some new original progs that represent real life society and not just tokens.
    The main reason i gave up on tv because its content appeals to the lowes5 common denominator,theres little originality and the successful long running series plod along introducing token gay/black/ Alpha woman/hippy whatever just to pander to the notion they cater for a wide audience and not just the white middle class.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 17-07--2017 at 06:40 PM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Shroom

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    I

Whats the next Dr going to be ? a black female.vegan lesbian considering a transgender move.? ffs
    Stick with the successful by all.means but lets see some new original progs that represent real life society and not just tokens.
    The current sidekick Bill Potts is openly gay.

What do we know about Bill Potts?

The BBC announced that Bill will be openly gay, a little geeky, and serving chips at a university when she stumbles into a certain time traveller
    So they are getting there!
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Blimey....like the openly gay star trek romance and the openly gay disney cartoon romance....I guess in another 50 years therell.be some openly transgender folk too.....meanwhile in real life
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

I would be saying exactly the same thing if The Doctor had always been a woman and was now going to be a man for no reason. I think Missy is great but I just can't picture her being John Simm (for example) in the past, she feels like a completely new character instead of a new incarnation of the master. It will be the same with The Doctor and the whole show will feel different. Some people might be fine with the show being completely changed but I would rather it stayed roughly the same. Don't even think she's the right woman for the role, since The Doctor has to be a woman now (saw an article in The Guardian saying it would be 'outrageous' if a man was cast). There do need to be more strong female roles in action and sci-fi but taking male roles and making them female isn't the answer. The idea of a female time lord is great and I would have been happy with a new character in the show, or even a spin-off series, but The Doctor is a man. My sister also thinks its a terrible idea, guess she must be a broflake too
    do I dare disturb the universe?

Loads of women don't like the concept of Doctor Who being a chick either -- considering Jodie Whittaker is quite hot I'm welcoming the eye candy

Loads of women don't like the concept of Doctor Who being a chick either -- considering Jodie Whittaker is quite hot I'm welcoming the eye candy
    I think Nigella Lawson would make a good Dr as well

Heavenly Creature
    I would have preferred Sandi Toksvig.
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander, Miss_bee, Wulfie

I don't really like the idea of the doctor being eye-candy for either gender. I was happy when they cast Peter Capaldi and everyone who just watched the show to oggle at David Tennant and Matt Smith got their knickers in a twist. From my understanding The Doctor always was vegan, until recently he only really ate jelly babies (no one told him I guess that jelly babies have gelatin in them). I thought Bill's sexuality was handled very well, they didn't make a huge deal out of it it and made it seem very normal (which of course is because it is). There needs to be more of that sort of thing and less of 'this character is gay now' or 'this character is a woman now' which makes no sense from a narrative point of view and feels forced.
    do I dare disturb the universe?
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

I'd rather have intriguing than hot, that with the humour and dodgy scenery makes for good viewing IMO and a well run concept. Bringing in alternate lifestyle partners and characters would have been just an accepted progression on a children's program for kids of all ages. Unless the Beeb pull something out of the bag scriptwise I reckon ratings will drop off. On a similar tack, there was only one Barbarella and Jane Fonda WAS eyecandy for that groundbreaker and very reminiscent of Doctor Who but without the orgasmatron.

Not all who wander are lost

I Suppose It Just Be A Case Of "Times A Changing" And Many Peeps Dont Like Or Dont Accept Change Very Easy ..

I Can See And Understand Both Sides Of This Be Dr Who Coin ...But In The End It Always Ends Up
    "What Will Be Will Be "Etc So It Be The Case Of Just Moving On And Over It ...Because No Matter Anybody Own Feelings Sadly It Still Will Happen And Does Happen...

The Only Thing That Annoys Me Is When "They Use Excuses For Doing Things As "Sexual Equality" "Racial Equality" Blah Blah Blah And Make Big Things About Decisions They Make ..
    When In Fact "Sexual/Racial Equality Etc " Has Nothing To Do With It .And They Only Say That Because Its "Latest Thing/Excuse To Say And Use" ....When In Fact Its Simply Because They Want To Do It hahaha.

So We Have Had The "Gay/Lesbian" Eqyality. With Gay/Lesbian Characters Popping Out The Woodwork...And Then "Racial Equality" And We Had Multi Cultural And Multi Religion Actors Popping Up Like Popcorn Everywhere....And So Now It Seems That
    "Sexual/Gender Equality Etc" Is There Turn...And We Will See Lots More Dr Who Switching A Normally Male Only Lead To Fetmale Lead ..And So Will Be Interesting To See "Who Next?? Like Say Who (Tomb Raider) Might Be ? ...Hmmm? Bear Gryliss Maybe ?? Hahahahaha...
    )

I Just Think Its A Load Of Pooper Duper...BlowAir ...hahaha....Cos If They Wanna Change Things Just Change Things ...And Not "Hide" Behind All The "Equality Types Banner"...
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander, Wulfie

unleash my pharma powers! Daisysmum's Avatar
    Personally, as the subject of eye candy has cropped up and he has finished making the 5th series of 'Elementary', I think that Jonny Lee Millar would have been an excellent 13th Doctor.

I've watched the trailers and to be honest it is as if Dr Who has regenerated as a bland blond in an elf cloak - I know they don't want to give much away but I really hope she has something more to pull out of the bag than perfect skin and a dye job.

Frances de la Tour, Zoe Wanamaker, Gillian Anderson ( truly excellent in American Gods as Media) - all far more interesting choices that you could wonder from now to Christmas what way they will take Dr Who.
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander