Thread: Subliminal messages in songs played backwards

Subliminal messages in songs played backwards

Do you know of any?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love things like this!

Do you believe there are messages deliberately put into tunes?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Miss_bee
    Do you believe there are messages deliberately put into tunes?
    Not all but if I was going to write a song, it is the sort of thing I would do

Turning On
    ELO caused some controversy with Eldorado in 1974 when some fundamentalist christians alleged some satanic references when Eldorado is played backwards.
    So on one of their later tracks, Fire on High, if you play it backwards you hear the message "The music is reversible but time is not, turn back, turn back, turn back."
    Easier to do this with vinyl. Don't know how you do this on cd or MP3.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

I think it was Judas priest who were blamed for a teen suicide years ago? Subliminal messages in a song, according to the parents.

I think it was Judas priest who were blamed for a teen suicide years ago? Subliminal messages in a song, according to the parents.
    Wow that's mental!

Better by you, better than me. Wasn't even their song, it was a cover.

Didn't Ozzy have something similar with suicide solution?

I had a weird short phase in my teens- started going to a baptist church and almost believing in God.
    A hard line speaker at a fellowship meeting , Dr.Colcott (I think )nfomed the congregation that the media and music industry was all in the service of Satan and used subliminals and that if you played my( then ) favourite band Led Zeppelin song Stairway to Heaven backwards there were references to Satan.
    Really freaked me out , had to try it when I got home , sounded weird but couldn't make out any words.
    YouTube clip of the supposed message -

Originally Posted by likahamadoolihan
    I had a weird short phase in my teens- started going to a baptist church and almost believing in God.
    A hard line speaker at a fellowship meeting , Dr.Colcott (I think )nfomed the congregation that the media and music industry was all in the service of Satan and used subliminals and that if you played my( then ) favourite band Led Zeppelin song Stairway to Heaven backwards there were references to Satan.
    Really freaked me out , had to try it when I got home , sounded weird but couldn't make out any words.
    YouTube clip of the supposed message -

Hi likeahamadoolihan I wondered where you were
    hope you are well

Thank you lighty,
    hope you are doing OK too ,really nice of of you for asking.
    My laptops knackered so am reduced to posting on a borrowed tablet.Can't groovy anyone's post which is a bit of a downer cos there is many a post I'd like too groovy

Originally Posted by likahamadoolihan
    Thank you lighty,
    hope you are doing OK too ,really nice of of you for asking.
    My laptops knackered so am reduced to posting on a borrowed tablet.Can't groovy anyone's post which is a bit of a downer cos there is many a post I'd like too groovy
    Thats crap, hope you get something sorted soon. Yeah I'm ok, same shit different day