THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The 'Sootys in Hospital ' update thread!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by wurzel
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    URRGGHH! Good luck Sooty. When is the op' scheduled for?
    Well I'm thinking they are letting the inflammation and bloods give them an indication...hopefully tomorrow, for at least the one operation anyway, but knowing my luck I'll be stuck in here yet another weekend...

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Thoughts will be with you then mate.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

A
    Sooty. Hope you're soon on the path to recovery, love. X

Hope all goes well and you make a speedy recovery. Good luck.

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Hope you get sorted ASAP Sooty

I don't know you sooty only from on here but I wish you well for the operation. Hope things go fantastically well?

Transcending

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    a 'semblance of normality'? That's me screwed, I ain't never been normal!
    "Normal" is over-rated, I tried it for a while, gave me indigestion. Actually that might have been the Atkins diet, but you get the idea.

Instead, you can look forward to pain-free eccentricity, and we're all wishing you well. Go for it big fella, you've had worse.

- - - Updated - - -

a 'semblance of normality'? That's me screwed, I ain't never been normal!
    "Normal" is over-rated, I tried it for a while, gave me indigestion. Actually that might have been the Atkins diet, but you get the idea.

Instead, you can look forward to pain-free eccentricity, and we're all wishing you well. Go for it big fella, you've had worse.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

Transcending
    Blimey, looks like both my personalities agree on this. That's a first. No it isn't. Is so. Not....
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Miss_bee, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    Blimey, looks like both my personalities agree on this. That's a first. No it isn't. Is so. Not....
    You only have two personalities? How......... very......... average.

Get well ASAP Sooty, had my gall bladder out yonks ago, turns out they needed us more than we needed needed them.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot, verticalis48

All the best Sooty.. hugs x
    What gives you the idea that because I have nothing I am unhappy?

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    Only 2? You're slacking!

The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree

Hope you're all tickety boo soon Sooty

Transcending

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Only 2? You're slacking!
    Luckily the others are asleep, I sometimes sneak down when they're asleep or reading books ( although that's difficult because they argue about who gets which eye ).
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    Hope it all goes well X
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money

All the best sooty, hope you get sorted once and for all..

thinking 'bout you dude
    x

Transcending
    Sorry to read this sooty.
    Hope they get you sorted soon and wishing you a speedy recovery.

*UPDATE*
    SO far today I have been told I'm going home, wait....no...you're staying! Nope, definitely going, oh wait, we changed our minds, how many times? 8

Yes they changed their minds 8 times... then decided to refuse my Oromorph from 10ml ever 1-2 hrs to 10ml every 2-4

Heavenly Creature
    Whaaaaaat!? Oh come on they need to get on with it!

*UPDATE*
    SO far today I have been told I'm going home, wait....no...you're staying! Nope, definitely going, oh wait, we changed our minds, how many times? 8

Yes they changed their minds 8 times... then decided to refuse my Oromorph from 10ml ever 1-2 hrs to 10ml every 2-4
    oh man - the fuckers just are such fucking half assed twats....bloody lucky if the surgeons are a little less wayward with their thinking......still I guess that's cause they're on the spot......we got human, we got anaesthetics, we got clean room, we got cutting tools - just make sure you got aftercare and anti septics biotics man....you fucking survived the surgery [well done man] now make sure you mend good - sending you healing vibes xxxxxxxx

So have you had the op?

*UPDATE*
    Well after yesterday the inability to make any form of decisions and crap way I was meant to feel Durham hospital have hit two new lows.
    1. A very nice Indian doctor came to see me, along with the doctor who saw me have a totally sobbing howling anguished crying session yesterday, I will state I have never ever as an adult man sobbed so hard with grief and stress as I did yesterday, his female counterpart had read 'none' of my notes.
    I greeted her namaste , and she asked me why, I said because you are a learned woman, and I am showing my respect, she smiled. Then asked are you ready to go home?

This was a mistake on so many levels.

I asked in a very calm way, have you read my notes?

" My dear if I were to read everyone's notes it would take too long, I rely on my staff to inform me"

That was mistake #2

Is this not your Sidekick? said I pointing to the lanky geek doctor with the sweater casually draped and strategically placed stethoscope...

Yes she says, he keeps me informed.

You can see where this is going can't ya?

After explaining to her that her trusted colleague had sat and watched dumbfounded as a 6 foot tatted grey haired 54 yr old had broken down hysterically sobbing and crying like a child because the descion to send me home and then not send me was made 8 times the previous day, causing great stress to me, whose CRP (C-reactive Protein) is over 2000 and you are trying to tell me I'm ok to go home?!

I swear this little sweet Indian doctor gave this sidekick 'The Look' ...

I would have loved to have been privy to the conversation later...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree

Edit to above. CRP of 2000 is indicative of a patient having Pancreatitis if a Dr was to send me ho e like that, I could sue. Problem is if I ASK to go they need the bed so won't stop me. So I ain't asking and they need the bed, so they are becoming devious...

Wishing you a speedy recovery dude.