THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The 'Sootys in Hospital ' update thread!

The 'Sootys in Hospital ' update thread!

Okay apparently goes something like this.... I came into hospital with pancreatitis on Friday feeling really crap I had been last week to Newcastle for an MRI scan they took me down this morning in Durham hospital gave me a CT scan and the verdict is this....

I have several large stones in my bile duct which connects my gallbladder to my pancreas.
    There is also a cyst on my pancreas.
    I'm told I have to have a procedure where they put a laryngoscope down my throat and cut this bile duct away... then when the inflammation has subsided they will operate the good old-fashioned way and cut me open up like a kipper and remove my extremely large and stone filled gallbladder.

The annoying part is they will ship me off to Newcastle to do the laryngoscope all procedure and then probably back to Durham or keep me in Newcastle and then move me to Darlington to do the other operation

That's all for now folks I will keep you updated

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Okay apparently goes something like this.... I came into hospital with pancreatitis on Friday feeling really crap I had been last week to Newcastle for an MRI scan they took me down this morning in Durham hospital gave me a CT scan and the verdict is this....

I have several large stones in my bile duct which connects my gallbladder to my pancreas.
    There is also a cyst on my pancreas.
    I'm told I have to have a procedure where they put a laryngoscope down my throat and cut this bile duct away... then when the inflammation has subsided they will operate the good old-fashioned way and cut me open up like a kipper and remove my extremely large and stone filled gallbladder.

The annoying part is they will ship me off to Newcastle to do the laryngoscope all procedure and then probably back to Durham or keep me in Newcastle and then move me to Darlington to do the other operation

That's all for now folks I will keep you updated
    Oh bloody hell, big boobie hugs better!

The following users think this post is groovy: ayami

A big Boobie hug would seriously hurt right now Juice... can I have a rain check till all is repaired?

The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, Lightbringer

Sounds like not very much fun bud. Good luck hope it all goes well for you.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Oh bloody hell, big boobie hugs better!
    Cheers, yeah I'm trying not to be a miserable bastard, even when I'm in real pain I can laugh n joke, I find humour makes the pain less.... maybe that's why comedians are actually in real life tortured individuals and they use the comedy as a way to heal?

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, verticalis48

No doubt youll keep everyone entertained in there
    Hope you get fixed up soon fella,all the best
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 30-08--2017 at 03:29 PM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: groove, Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

A
    ya xxx

Oh eck. Hope you feel better soon x

Heavenly Creature
    Get well soon Sooty!

Hope it all goes well M. Sounds like a plan anyway!
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh

UPDATE

I have a cyst that is 60 mm x 40 mm in my pancreas and I have something called varies which are like varicose vein's on my liver...according to the Consultant the surgery has now become a lot riskier, danger of a nick n bleed is high....
    Being 24 stone don't help either..

All operations will, according to my consultant now take place in Newcastle.
    To be totally honest, I was scared three years ago....NOW? I'm myself.

Heavenly Creature
    Yes, that sounds riskier, but do you want to live with the gall bladder?

Get well soon, sounds painful.

Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    Yes, that sounds riskier, but do you want to live with the gall bladder?
    Hell no!

Heavenly Creature
    think we spoke about gall bladder before mate having that out it really nothing to get fazed about any operation is risky when i had mine done i should have been out that day but last in for the op had it about 4 was watching telly an eating toast about 1 next morning i dont think anybody can say they would not be nervous having an operation get the problems sorted one at a time you will be fine mate
    The following users think this post is groovy: verticalis48

Originally Posted by convoy
    think we spoke about gall bladder before mate having that out it really nothing to get fazed about any operation is risky when i had mine done i should have been out that day but last in for the op had it about 4 was watching telly an eating toast about 1 next morning i dont think anybody can say they would not be nervous having an operation get the problems sorted one at a time you will be fine mate
    ''Tis not the gall bladder itself " that worries me now, it's the pancreatic cyst and the huge veins all over n around my liver that are worrying me..

Heavenly Creature
    ok we are not saying its a bit of a headache we are with you mate let them who know what they are doing sort it i sat looking out of the hospital window at night the day before my major op i was going to be gutted i did not want it but knew it had to be done god i was scared i was going to say goodbye to my large intestines this was my first time in hospital for anything major you are going to be ok like i said sort the problems out one at a time

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    ''Tis not the gall bladder itself " that worries me now, it's the pancreatic cyst and the huge veins all over n around my liver that are worrying me..
    Mr...you got through your scary bike crash,youll get through this .As convoy said, one step at a time and youll be home in no time.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Transcending
    Wishing you well Sooty. The cyst and stones have got to go, focus on a pain-free future when you can live properly again.

Thinking of you Sooty.

Paul
    PⒶUL

I'm with boaty on this one! Get the surgery out the way and concentrate on getting back to some semblance of normality! Wishing you well ma man. Take care!

-- Posted from the
    --

Originally Posted by etherea
    I'm with boaty on this one! Get the surgery out the way and concentrate on getting back to some semblance of normality! Wishing you well ma man. Take care!

-- Posted from the
    --
    a 'semblance of normality'? That's me screwed, I ain't never been normal!

The following users think this post is groovy: Paul

well do the best you can on that front

URRGGHH! Good luck Sooty. When is the op' scheduled for?
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.