THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The 'Sootys in Hospital ' update thread!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Hi all, update time!
    I am discharged from hospital, my pancreas is still having a grumble, but I'm eating nearly naff all fat or oil, so it's better than it was, I have appointment to see surgeon on 20th September to see how to proceed...they are taking their sweet time about it is all I can say!
    Im Well enough, crappy tummy ache...feel like I have been punched in the gut but to be expected I suppose...my Wife Mercedes has come over from Spain to look after me, has to go back again in October but can't be helped, she will be back soon enough .
    Thanks all for your messages of support. It's touching to know so many care.. Verticalis, you're forgiven, I know ya had best intentions....I was ill as hell at the time and well, I'm a grumpy git at the best of times...lol

Cheers all!
    so relieved man.......I just felt it for you, thank you for forgiving me (little dark place in my universe just got lighter) - keep going and all the best for your aching guts, glad you getting help, love and support xxx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Miss_bee, Sootyfoot

Take it easy SF
    hugs x

Hi all, update time!
    I am discharged from hospital, my pancreas is still having a grumble, but I'm eating nearly naff all fat or oil, so it's better than it was, I have appointment to see surgeon on 20th September to see how to proceed...they are taking their sweet time about it is all I can say!
    Im Well enough, crappy tummy ache...feel like I have been punched in the gut but to be expected I suppose...my Wife Mercedes has come over from Spain to look after me, has to go back again in October but can't be helped, she will be back soon enough .
    Thanks all for your messages of support. It's touching to know so many care.. Verticalis, you're forgiven, I know ya had best intentions....I was ill as hell at the time and well, I'm a grumpy git at the best of times...lol

Cheers all!
    What gives you the idea that because I have nothing I am unhappy?

Glad to hear youre being looked after, sooty. Take it easy, man. X x
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

yo SF ,,,,

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    Glad you're not dead.
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Miss_bee, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Fire-Tree
    Glad you're not dead.
    I bet you ain't as glad as me!

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: convoy, Fire-Tree, Lightbringer

Heavenly Creature
    Good to hear this mate. Hope that you will be on the mend soon

The 'Sootys in Hospital ' update thread!

Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    Good to hear this mate. Hope that you will be on the mend soon
    Well I'm totally off booze and fats to the most part, low fat yoghurt, no cheese, tiniest scrape of butter or low fat spread, I'm learning to like toast n marmalade without tons of butter...in fact NO butter or Marge, I'm actually drinking Water ( never thought I'd see the day!) I've dropped to 1 level sugar in tea n coffee instead of two heaped..I'm eating more veggies and fish, doing a little walking every day ...just trying to keep well untill the operation. Have appointment on 20th to see surgeon...let's hope he pulls his finger out n gets me done asap.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Bernie, Danann, Fire-Tree, Lightbringer, Miss_bee, verticalis48

We wont rest until you're 'done' sooty!

Thats Fabby To See Sootyfoot ..And Well Done You And Keep Iy All Up As It Will All Be Helping You Very Muchly And I Be Both Hoping And Wishing That The Surgeon Healer Gets His Fingers Out ASAP For You (((Hugggs)))
    Form From The Void & Mists

Plenty of pot , less booze and eating well should do you OK sooty. Glad to see yooz getting well.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by likahamadoolihan
    Plenty of pot , less booze and eating well should do you OK sooty. Glad to see yooz getting well.
    No pot no smoking no booze. But I'm doing ok! I've even lost 18lbs

The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, Lightbringer, Miss_bee, Paul

That's good going, sooty!

Bloody good news Sooty,

The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, Sootyfoot, verticalis48

Fabulous to hear sooty, so very glad to hear you are ok and happy your wife turned up
    much love and get well hugs xx

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Fabulous to hear sooty, so very glad to hear you are ok and happy your wife turned up
    much love and get well hugs xx
    Thanks Juice, hope things improve for you too...

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Well I'm totally off booze and fats to the most part, low fat yoghurt, no cheese, tiniest scrape of butter or low fat spread, I'm learning to like toast n marmalade without tons of butter...in fact NO butter or Marge, I'm actually drinking Water ( never thought I'd see the day!) I've dropped to 1 level sugar in tea n coffee instead of two heaped..I'm eating more veggies and fish, doing a little walking every day ...just trying to keep well untill the operation. Have appointment on 20th to see surgeon...let's hope he pulls his finger out n gets me done asap.
    That's what I like to hear, its the only way forward and you have to keep at it, you will turn things around. If you don't it will just be something else maybe more serious further down the line.

Originally Posted by Bernie
    That's what I like to hear, its the only way forward and you have to keep at it, you will turn things around. If you don't it will just be something else maybe more serious further down the line.
    Yes true. All I need now is my operation then to go and live in Spain over winter as the cold winters here kill me! When I'm cold I crave fatty foods...not the best thing really!

The 'Sootys in Hospital ' update thread!

I hope my surgeon is better than this...

I hope my surgeon is better than this...
    ha ha ha ha ha that was always a classic joke in architecture school.......doctors bury their mistakes, architects have to live with theirs !!!! dark humour sooty, but I'm sure with all the love on UKH for you - it'll be fine.........sending the best vibes I know about anyway xxx