THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jobs are bad for my health?

Tell me about it! I've always disliked anything which claims my time. Never mind, only got to wait till I'm 67 to pack it all in!

Turning On
    Yes me too. I had, what I thought was a smart idea and binge work. Currently working 97h weeks. Possibly the most stupid thing that I have agreed to.

You should have 6 months off after this stint, yes?

Turning On
    I've been at it for almost 2.5 years, I've made alot of money. But this is no life to lead so I would certainly say that jobs are bad for your health. I probably won't have any time off after this job (contract) I'm hoping to line up another similar job. Pay off all my debts including the mortgage and live debt free, buy a van and dissappear knowing I have an income from the mortgage free home I will have...
    That's the plan but I'm about half way through it and I'm very much drained.

Overall its a good plan, I reckon. Just don't burn yourself out before you've reaped the rewards. Sounds gruelling!

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_bee View Post
    Overall its a good plan, I reckon. Just don't burn yourself out before you've reaped the rewards. Sounds gruelling!
    Not to disagree with you personally or to insult Moose's life, but (ha!), I think it's a terrible idea. Could die in 6 months and what a waste of time that would have been.

I try to enjoy today, not sacrifice it for tomorrow.
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money
    The following users think this post is groovy: parrotandcrow, Wulfie

Turning On
    Yeah I do agree, should live life for today. However I do have reason for it. A personal and something very close to my heart. And once I'm done I'm out. No more.
    Last edited by snowmoose; 10-09--2017 at 04:31 PM.

I do not think work is always good for self esteem, sometimes it is mostly bollocks. If you work in a shitty place you end up having a lot of petty work place politics to deal with, and the annoyance of poor quality work colleagues. In a lot of previous jobs I had I would put on a fake smile everyday, I would fake that I loved what I was doing, I would tell them what they wanted to hear, when I was actually miserable. I have not been fortunate yet in life to have a job I actually enjoy, so I see work as just a way to get money and nothing more. It's also not good for self esteem when you work hard, and have nothing to show for it as everything goes on bills, it's just a big pointless merry-go round.

Just another day in the shitty rat race really, and the sad thing is you can compete with others to be a bigger cog in the shitty rat race, yay for the shitty rat race.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, zendaze

Quote Originally Posted by snowmoose View Post
    Yeah I do agree, should live life for today. However I do have reason for it. A personal and something very close to my heart. And once I'm done I'm out. No more.
    Hope it works out for you man, it's a different strategy certainly, but might be better than a slow, long drawn out death by a thousand cuts - wishing you well and look after yourself x