THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I want a partner!

I did dating sites for a short while ten years ago and decided theyre just like a fucking littlewoods catalogue.No one posts an every day photo of themselves its always the best one theyve had thats 10 years younger than they are really and photoshopped like crazy which you find out when you meet them and the bio's are like a load of PR marketing guff...no thanks...keep all that.
    I dont have trouble finding entertainment when i want it, know where to look, but permanent company would probably do my head in in no time. Im too independent for Siamese type attachments.

I do think the harder people try looking for a partner the more frustrating and disappointing the experience seems to be so id just say dont try too hard.The right opportunity will arise when you least expecting it.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 14-09--2017 at 07:01 PM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Danann, Duckman, misterfox, parrotandcrow, popuptoaster

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by popuptoaster
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    My requirements are fairly easy to meet, it's me that's the issue, I enjoy my own time and have got quite selfish as far as other people wanting some of it goes.

I think I'm bloody brilliant when i want to be with other people, i dont have any trouble finding friends or people to be rude with but often I'm happy to just do my own thing and don't need company, it makes me grumpy to have to share my time when i don't want to and that's not really fair on someone else.
    This is definitely something I can relate to a lot, as much as I think I would want a partner again I know that I would go mad if I couldn't have time to myself. It's definitely a paradox I find quite frustrating: feeling lonely but then wanting to be alone when I'm with someone. I do a lot of walking and a lot of reading so if I had a partner and was working full time I would have to do a lot less of these things than I would like (unless I found someone who was as into these things as me, and most people don't see reading together as a social activity)
    do I dare disturb the universe?

Big hug on a Friday night, just to keep you warm
    Bernie
    xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, Fire-Tree, Lightbringer

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    Happy news to report....our evening wasn't lonely
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money
    The following users think this post is groovy: 2wheelsgood, Danann, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, parrotandcrow, popuptoaster, Wulfie, zendaze

Come on then GT spill!!! It's so exciting!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Stupid Hal, I meant to put FT but he autocorrected and I cant edit on the phone!

Originally Posted by groove
    Come on then GT spill!!! It's so exciting!

I hope he didn't spill it on the sheets.

Chilling Out
    Well somethings working then, also your inbox is full uhhuhuhuh
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, parrotandcrow

Originally Posted by Alf M
    Sure sounds like something got filled!

You lot have issues!

He left at 10pm the following day (last night), I say left, his van is across the way. That's right, he lives in a van

A Peugeot Partner in fact, thanks to the human mocking me on another thread, perhaps it helped.

Was all rather jolly, a connection has been made beyond the time we've had. Spent hours just snuggling together. Forgot what that was like!

He also bought me breakfast. Winning.
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Lightbringer, parrotandcrow, popuptoaster, Uncle jhad, Wulfie

Originally Posted by Alf M
    That's all those messages you sent me!

Chilling Out
    That's how that conversating thing works isn't it?

Happy connecting

Originally Posted by Fire-Tree
    You lot have issues!

He left at 10pm the following day (last night), I say left, his van is across the way. That's right, he lives in a van

A Peugeot Partner in fact, thanks to the human mocking me on another thread, perhaps it helped.

Was all rather jolly, a connection has been made beyond the time we've had. Spent hours just snuggling together. Forgot what that was like!

He also bought me breakfast. Winning.

Aw nice.....but I'm such a nosey cow and also a bit dim and can't figure it out lol

Hope it continues xxx

Wahoo good lass!

What a difference a date makes! Pleased your rolling your own.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.