THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I want a partner!

If I were single I'd be down there in a shot.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by parrotandcrow
    Have you sent any?
    No...I have received some, including one from you...as you can tell, I'm not very good at replying. I'm sure this doesn't help with our online dating efforts!
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money

If this continues apace ( dunno where 'apace' came from but it seems fitting) I'm going to lose my crown as the most miserable ( I really don't try.....it is my natural countenance [ there's another......who says 'countenance' these days]).

C'mon ft......I am the miserable one......go and kick the shit out of something instead.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, Wulfie

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Do you have a leotard?

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Originally Posted by twistoflemon
    I certainly feel your pain with the not understanding how real life dating thing works. I don't really understand how everyone seems to find it so easy to meet people who have the same interests as them and happen to be single. Even though I found my ex on a dating website interesting/weird/alternative types seem to be few and far between in my area. If I was a bit closer and wasn't a living-in-a-house-not-driving-a-car type I'd PM you but I'm sure you'll have luck finding a nomadic man at some point.
    I know! For a start what if they like Jesus, what if they like football or have a terrible taste in music. And then, gosh oh then...what if they were vanilla!

I'll find one somewhere - I just think I'm scaring them away haha

Originally Posted by Fire-Tree
    I know! For a start what if they like Jesus, what if they like football or have a terrible taste in music. And then, gosh oh then...what if they were vanilla!

I'll find one somewhere - I just think I'm scaring them away haha
    If its anything like keys, you usually find them in the last place you'd think of looking.

Following that theory see if you can find an all vicars football match and see what that turns up....
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, Lightbringer

Originally Posted by Duckman
    I would consider you if I was not on the other side of the planet.
    How kind of you.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Paul

How kind of you.
    All that post is missing a sarcasm emoji thing heehee..

Originally Posted by zendaze
    If this continues apace ( dunno where 'apace' came from but it seems fitting) I'm going to lose my crown as the most miserable ( I really don't try.....it is my natural countenance [ there's another......who says 'countenance' these days]).

C'mon ft......I am the miserable one......go and kick the shit out of something instead.
    Jesus Daniel, don't come on here letting them know I'm a bitch - GOSH!

Fear not, the crown was made for you, I still like to smile every now and then.

Originally Posted by Shroom
    All that post is missing a sarcasm emoji thing heehee..
    Unnecessary. You can imagine my face from there.

Reply ffs woman!

The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree

Has anyone you actually like messaged you?

I replied.

I had one person legit message me, and a few well-wishers

I replied.

I had one person legit message me, and a few well-wishers
    Good luck
    x

In my experience of people who can't find a partner (me amongst them, i have playmates but am single) its generally not that we can't it's more that we can but we can't find one we actually WANT to shag/date/marry/hogtie/tip candle wax onto etc etc.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, NomadicRT, twistoflemon

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

Originally Posted by popuptoaster
    it's more that we can but we can't find one we actually WANT to shag/date/marry/hogtie/tip candle wax onto etc etc.
    That's my experience.

As I've got older my requirements are higher than ever; so finding someone who's younger than me, local, straight edge, vegan and childless - who I actually fancy - is probably an impossibility.

However, I've done the rounds and I'd rather be single than settle.

I realise I probably won't meet all the requirements I have for a partner, I guess the battle is finding someone you get along with so well it doesn't matter that they don't meet all your requirements. On the other hand some of my requirements are definitely deal breakers (could never go out with a Jesus freak) and surely the reason why you would get along well with someone is because they meet most of your requirements.

the thing that frustrates me most about online dating is that so many people put 'Just ask, lol' or something on their profile, and nothing else. The whole point of you having a personal profile is that I don't have to message you to find out if your a Jesus freak/Justin Beiber fan/Tory. Maybe I'm just on the wrong dating sites
    do I dare disturb the universe?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lightbringer

The whole "just ask, lol" would put me off someone in the first place, I think. It seems pretty lazy..
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

Originally Posted by Miss_bee
    The whole "just ask, lol" would put me off someone in the first place, I think. It seems pretty lazy..
    to me it seems to say 'I know I'm so attractive that people will message me without me bothering to write anything here' and its also pretty lazy
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lightbringer

You'd think people would try and write something to lure in potential dates, or whatever they're called these days!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

the other thing I find confusing is how many people aren't smiling in their picture, I think they were probably going for sultry and smoldering but it just comes across as grumpy. My profile is just a rambley mess, hopefully that will lure/attract someone who is the right sort of strange one day but I think I've mostly given up on the whole online dating thing

Isn't there a thread about requirements on here somewhere, if not there should be, it could be quite amusing....

My requirements are fairly easy to meet, it's me that's the issue, I enjoy my own time and have got quite selfish as far as other people wanting some of it goes.

I think I'm bloody brilliant when i want to be with other people, i dont have any trouble finding friends or people to be rude with but often I'm happy to just do my own thing and don't need company, it makes me grumpy to have to share my time when i don't want to and that's not really fair on someone else.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT