THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do we have any boat builders on the forum?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Cheap? More like free! I saw this in a front garden, and asked for it. . He was happy to see it go to a good home....

-- Posted from the
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    --
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, NomadicRT, Rick69

Chilling Out
    That a Laser?

Looks like one to me.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Originally Posted by Alf M
    That a Laser?
    Nope! It's a 1970 International Moth, a Skol II design.. The Int. Moth is a development class, started in the 1930's.... Over the years they've got narrower at the waterline, wider at the gunwales and lighter... the only real constants are the length (11') and sail area...

Today's Moth weighs less than half what mine does - about 35kg all in - And sports a pair of hydrofoils, enabling it to fly above the water at 30knots!!

The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Chilling Out
    Foils are mad.
    Yeah looking back at the pic it's got some serious overhang on the gunwales. I'd love to dash about in some little dinghies again.
    Most exciting moment was being on the trapeze when we rolled one of those eleven or sixteen foot cats, given the diagonal I think I flew about two and a half times the length of the mast.

You can get Lasers with foils too....i occasionally ssiled lasers yesrs ago and they were lively enough without foils.

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    You can get Lasers with foils too....i occasionally ssiled lasers yesrs ago and they were lively enough without foils.
    They've even made an Optimist foil!!!!

I'd love to have the time and money to try foiling....
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Awesome..