THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: The Green Wall of Africa

The Green Wall of Africa

I stumbled accross this newsfeed about a green wall in Africa that is now changing the lives of men, women and children. Creating new travelling families along its length. It's still early days, but what a future this could be for hundreds of thousands of settled and nomadic folk. What struck me most about it, was the opportunity to just sit down under shade that wasn't man made 'so to speak' I may have just found a worthwhile charity to support in the future.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I came across another project to save the boabab trees on Radio 4. Paying women to plant and raise new boabab trees. They get paid according to the hight the tree grows! Some are putting their grey water around the trees instead of elsewhere, some are building small walls around the vulnerable young trees to protect them. Not only is the fruit a rich source of vitamin C, they can also command a high price as a super food for the rich and famous.
    well worth investigating further.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Small steps, large rewards.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: EnfysaDafaid, marshlander, NomadicRT, wurzel, zendaze

the green wall of africa sounds like a really super great thing to build, i feel like i want to be involved
    its a wavy world fullof sheep and rainbows
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, NomadicRT