THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leg Waxing

Heavenly Creature

Leg Waxing

......using gaffa tape!
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It works!! It's dark and raining and I was bored. So I just waxed my legs using gaffa tape.
    It's no less painful than using wax strips, but I haven't got that 'sunburn' rash that I get with the wax strips. And you are always going to have gaffa tape aren't you?
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lightbringer, Markthemod, NomadicRT, yazz, zendaze

Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    ......using gaffa tape!

It works!! It's dark and raining and I was bored. So I just waxed my legs using gaffa tape.
    It's no less painful than using wax strips, but I haven't got that 'sunburn' rash that I get with the wax strips. And you are always going to have gaffa tape aren't you?
    lol I'll take your word for it!
    what about bikini line?

The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

Heavenly Creature
    Noooo! I had some terrible bruising and tiny injuries from waxing my bikini line once, so only shave down there now.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lightbringer

Noooo! I had some terrible bruising and tiny injuries from waxing my bikini line once, so only shave down there now.
    Same happened to me.. Never again!

The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

Ouchhhh Lightbringer And Vanwoman84 ..Makes My Eyes Water Thinking About Bikini Line Accidents hahaha
    Form From The Void & Mists

All sounds pretty masochistic to me (maybe that's why you do it?
    ). What happened to the hairy hippies? Endangered species these days?

Originally Posted by gomphus
    All sounds pretty masochistic to me (maybe that's why you do it?
    ). What happened to the hairy hippies? Endangered species these days?
    there's plenty around to cater for all tastes.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

I'm hairy. If I ever shave my lady garden, I regret it a couple of days after. So I gave up

Heavenly Creature
    I am just talking tidying here. I wax legs because I can't bother to shave often.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

I am just talking tidying here. I wax legs because I can't bother to shave often.
    I'm probably in a minority but I do like a bit of leg fuzz on a woman- probably because in my teens I used to see it quite a lot, but other than on my partner, not often now.

Not Quite a Noobie
    LMAO

Going to see if the old kidnap tape will work on my nose and ears . Will report back
    The following users think this post is groovy: Daisysmum, Lightbringer, zendaze

Heavenly Creature
    Gomphus believe me there was more than fuzz, or the gaffa tape wouldn't have had any grip!!

unleash my pharma powers! Daisysmum's Avatar
    Once heard a really awful waxing story. Was in the hairdressers which also had a beauticians. The beautician was in tears to her boss who was obviously on the other end of the phone. Jist of the conversation was that different types of wax melt at different temperatures, so say if you have two and you heat them at the same time one could be very very hot if you keep heating it until the other melted. The beautician hadn't quite enough wax to do a leg wax so she topped the wax up with a different one. The woman who was getting the wax got burned. She justifiably complained to the boss.

Put me of waxing for life.

......using gaffa tape!

Are you a hippy if you are no leg waxing allowed I shudder to think what else you may do lol

The following users think this post is groovy: ayami

Oh are you from the hippy mafia ?...i didnt realise there was a hippy dress code. .<makes note in hippy dress code manual> I think maybe Vanwoman should give you a specially low bikini line waxing with her roll of duct tape ...

Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Miss_bee

Heavenly Creature
    LMAO!!
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, Lightbringer

Pmsl!

The following users think this post is groovy: ayami

Just seen Adidas have featured a pretty blonde Swedish model Arvida with hairy legs (her leg hair is certainly darker than her head hair) in their latest promotion. I think she looks stunning (maybe somebody can post a link as I never know how to do links) but the poor girl has also been inundated with hate including threats of rape. Fair enough not liking body hair burt so many people seem so threatened by something that is normal + natural. Fortunately from her blog she seems a strong character +has also received a lot of love + support to.

H+M did a similar thing earlier this year using a model with hairy pits. Like it or not I do think it's important to see it being "normalised" so women can truly choose whether to shave/wax or not in the same way a guy can with a beard.

I dont care what people do with their bodies or what they want to.look like.Body fascism is everywhere and a whole range of pressures from sarcasm and passive aggression to outright bullying but people shouldnt be made to feel bad or uncomfortable about what they do regardless whether thats from media critics or hippys or what context its said or whether they themselves prefer natural or groomed appearance.
    I know the comment was meant with humor but why do people feel it necessary to criticise or even draw attention to what someone else is doing with their body.?
    People dont always shave or trim or wax for appearance sake or fashion,sometimes its for practical or skin health reasons but regardless its no one elses business
    I think most women.are tough enough to choose for themselves how they wsnt to look.
    Theres not actually a great deal of difference between the criticism of a model for having hairy legs as hippys infering youre not a real hippy unless you go all natural and have hairy bodies and grow beards (women included).
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 06-10--2017 at 07:15 AM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

I don't think there is anything wrong with a little leg hair on a woman. I certainly don't think women need to go to expense and pain. Well, only if they are doing it for themselves. No woman should feel pressurised into doing it.

No
    I quite agree what I do
    Feel is a bit off now is the fact that society now is expecting women to shave in between her legs I personally donít want my partner if I had one looking like an 8 year old please let me hear what you all think about this

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    I'm hairy. If I ever shave my lady garden, I regret it a couple of days after. So I gave up
    Natural
    Looks pretty

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Brookesharley
    No
    I quite agree what I do
    Feel is a bit off now is the fact that society now is expecting women to shave in between her legs I personally donít want my partner if I had one looking like an 8 year old please let me hear what you all think about this
    Nope, I don't want to look like an eight year old.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brookesharley, Lightbringer