THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Skoda Fabia camper 'Florence '

Noobie

Skoda Fabia camper 'Florence '

Well, thought I'd share my car, her name is Florence, she is a skoda fabia Combi SDI who i bought for £200 from a scrapyard 3 years ago and slowly built up into what she is now,

She has been on a lot of adventures across the uk, frequently tours festivals and hippie gatherings...seems to have became well known at the local ones

Many upgrades include:

Full thermal insulation
    Amplified Bose surround sound system originally from a Mazda
    Webasto diesel powered night heater

VW Golf high output sdi diesel engine 'returns 68 mpg and even runs on bio diesel'

2 inch suspension lift
    Underbody protection for offroad
    Towbar
    Leisure battery
    Full Bohemia-SE trim and wiring conversion' all top of the range extras now fitted' ' she was originally a base model '

And many more things i cant remember off the top of my head

She is used as my daily car, but i have also built a double bed that fits into the back with fold out table and made curtains that fit for camping trips, also a deep cylcle leisure battery mounted under the floor in the boot for overnight heating etc, she has also been fully insulated behind all the panels and roof lining so in warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Anyway, heres a few pictures of her

She is made from scrapyard parts, not all genuine parts, for instance the roof rails are from a Kia and the front seats are from a Rover

1st picture is When i got her, 3 days from being crushed
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can remember a few Skoda jokes all in circulation at a time I was using a Citroen Dyane 400 but I've seen a pic of their prewar race car, superb and as for Fabias

A most underestimated motor.
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child

Bigbear67
    Hi Ryan, The Fabian sounds great matey. Can't seem to find the images you posted but it sounds like a well loved and travelled motor. Look forward to seeing you around sometime.

Noobie
    Hay, thanks, they only seem to work on the pc version of the forum, won't work on the mobile version unless you set the page to pc it seems

Pics work fine on app.

You haven't considered the nato green paint job yet then!

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Nice to see you getting out and enjoying life to the full. There will be many people on here who will be jealous of your levels of stealthiness.

Maybe this guy can help inspire your winter moves. Even if you can not speak german,you will get a good idea from the video

anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Noobie
    Well, im going to be fitting a burner in my caravan as my mate who lives next to me in a converted Mercedes-Benz bus has fitted one, they work a treat

Got a webasto night heater in the skoda which works, was doing a bit of urban camping last night in the middle of Glasgow, few friends and i are currently on a big road trip

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't work on my tablet but does on my phone, weird!

Not Quite a Noobie
    I have the same car! ... is it the 1.4 diesel or the 2.0? done 80k in 4 years or so now so shes up to 150k on the clock. things are starting to go wrong ... my oil pressure sensor needs replacing or so i thought but the cable had worn to nothing!

Not Quite a Noobie
    Sounds awesome Ryan , Iíll have to check the pics out later, donít show on my phone annoyingly